The Inadequate Playthrough [Challenge Idea: I'm Not Playing it]

I've blown up my house enough times to know that bombs drop walls, though they don't blow up naturals walls if you don't hit the edge of them in the explosion. But personally I'm more concerned about the fact that the only non-RNG pickaxe that isn't crafted, is the Picksaw.
Again, to 's certain point, bombs. But the whole idea of this is flawed...

I recommend you change it to only rng and world based weapons. Tools can be crafted, but not used as weapons.

Again, to 's certain point, bombs. But the whole idea of this is flawed...

I recommend you change it to only rng and world based weapons. Tools can be crafted, but not used as weapons.
It'd be less of a challenge. I like it the way it is IMO.

Just no crafting except for Wooden Hammer.

No crafting except for a wooden hammer? That would mean you basically have no armour and 500hp. The only amour you would be able to get is the ancient sets which don't have a lot of defensive strength. You also wouldn't be able to get weapons from th events and only be able to summon the BoC/EoW a few times and only summon the EoC if you find th eyes in chests. You would basically be killed against Duke Fishron without armour if your not very good at dodging. As stated before I also find this idea to be flawed

No crafting except for a wooden hammer? That would mean you basically have no armour and 500hp. The only amour you would be able to get is the ancient sets which don't have a lot of defensive strength. You also wouldn't be able to get weapons from th events and only be able to summon the BoC/EoW a few times and only summon the EoC if you find th eyes in chests. You would basically be killed against Duke Fishron without armour if your not very good at dodging. As stated before I also find this idea to be flawed

That's basically the challenge! It's not any playthrough, it's a CHALLENGE! it's supposed to be hard as poo.

Okay I'll try to do this but first I'll put a beetle amour set and one of those Duke Fishron Flails that I have. Maybe I'll also put my vampire knives in the world due to this putting items in world not being mentioned

Okay I'll try to do this but first I'll put a beetle amour set and one of those Duke Fishron Flails that I have. Maybe I'll also put my vampire knives in the world due to this putting items in world not being mentioned
Okay you already know that's cheating.

2015-03-07_00007.jpg

I've confirmed the validity of bombs...
2015-03-07_00008.jpg

Now I have a new problem.

I have a rule suggestion:
Make Frost Armor craftable. Not only will it help with defense, it was also originally dropped instead of crafted.

Sounds interesting. Trying to beat the Wall of Flesh without any hellstone of any type would make defense difficult. The only hope for armor in Normal mode is to pray for Ancient Colbalt Armor in the Jungle. Or Ancient Shadow Armor if you luckily get a Corruption World. To get NPCs to move in, using Mushrooms to build then collecting Walls from underground houses as well as furniture items can get the NPCs.

It looks like the only way to get Wings is to get the Fishron Wings which is super late in the game since they're the only Wings that don't need to be crafted. And getting a hammer will only happen by getting the Pwnhammer. It would suck to be stuck with a copper pickaxe for all of normal mode so grinding skeletons for a Bone Pickaxe would be necessary.

Iv'e decided to compile a list of all non-crafted armor, and wings.
Classless: Ancient Iron Helmet, Ancient Gold Helmet, Diving Helmet, Viking Helmet, Eskimo Set, Mining Set, Angler Set
Melee: Ancient Shadow Set, Gi
Magic: Ancient Cobalt Set, Gypsy Robe + Wizard Hat, Gypsy Robe + Magic Hat
Ranged: Ancient Necro Helmet
Summoner: Tiki Armor
T1: Fin Wings, Fishing Quests
T1 (Console/Mobile Only): Sparkly Wings, Sold by the Dryad during Blood Moon
T2: Jetpack, Sold by the Steampunker during waxing moon phase
T5: Leaf Wings, Sold by Witch Doctor in the jungle at night
T7: Fishron Wings, Dropped by Duke Fishron
Note: Festive Wings aren't crafted, but require crafting the Naughty Present to summon the Frost Moon, and as such are unobtainable in this challenge.

I believe that yrimir killed the Wall of Flesh with wooden armour and a waterbolt. You could use the same method without the wooden amour and use an ancient varient amour type avaible before hardmode

Sounds like an interesting challenge, but no one I will try. It seems that the hardest parts would be the mech bosses and plantera with PreHM armor. Once you get to there you can buy tiki, which makes the rest fairly easy.

You would also be able to only fight each mech boss once due to not being able to craft the summoning items. If all three mech bosses spawn before you are ready and you lose then you wouldn't be able to fight Plantera

You would also be able to only fight each mech boss once due to not being able to craft the summoning items. If all three mech bosses spawn before you are ready and you lose then you wouldn't be able to fight Plantera
Actually, you have to defeat the Mech bosses to make their summoning items no longer drop, you can easily get 15-30 mech boss summoning items before you even fight a mech boss if RNG is nice to you.

I COMPLETELY CHANGED THE THREAD!

Sounds like an interesting challenge, but no one I will try. It seems that the hardest parts would be the mech bosses and plantera with PreHM armor. Once you get to there you can buy tiki, which makes the rest fairly easy.
That's what makes it the challenge!

lol. No breaking walls until hardmode (the first non crafted hammer) which means no houses until hardmode, which means no torches etc until hardmode. fatal flaw.
Bombs break walls. Go blow up sky houses or underground houses

Back
Top Bottom