Portfolio/Multi-Topic The Ocram Implementation

All Seeing Eye

Eye of Cthulhu
I've been playing pc terraria for a while now and when I played on mobile everything felt so new (including the low spawn rates). And as you all know im not really good at words so here they are.

Ocram Armor Changes

Spectral Armor
+35 defense
60 increased maximum mana
15% increased magic damage
12% increase movement speed
8% increased magic critical strike chance
Set Bonus: Magic damage done to enemies rejuvenate mana
Enemies has a 10% chance to spawn a mana star when hit
Mana Stars spawned by this effect travel to the player

Dragon Armor
+57 defense
15% increased melee damage
8% increased melee speed and critical strike chance
15% increased movement speed
Set Bonus: Melee Attacks burn enemies
Melee attacks inflict on fire and frostburn debuff
Grants immunity to ice-related debuffs

Titan Armor
+42 defense
20% increased Ranged damage
8% increased Ranged critical strike chance
12% increased movement speed
Set Bonus: Increased ranged weapon piercing ability and damage
Base ranged damage increased by 5 and now able to pierce twice

Ocram Changes

New Crafting Recipe:
6 Hallowed Bars, Brain Cells, 5 Souls of Fright, 5 Souls of Sight and 5 Souls of Might

Suspicious Looking Skull -> Mechanical Brain
Well, it does look like a brain...

Summoned by using a mechanical brain @ a demon/crimson altar during night

New Loot Table:
1/3 Drop -
-Dagon Armor (Full Set)
-Spectral Armor (Full Set)
-Titan Armor (Full Set)
15-25 Souls of Blight
Ocram Trophy
Ocram Mask

Soul of Blight Uses

Tobongiri
Crafting: 2 Gungnirs, 12 Souls of Blight @Hardmode Anvil

Tizona
Crafting: 1 Excalibur, 1 Broken Hero Sword, 12 Souls of Blight @Hardmode Anvil

Vulcan Repeater
Crafting: 1 Hallowed Repeater, 20 Hellstone Bars, 12 Souls of Blight @Hardmode Anvil

70 Spectral Arrows
Crafting: 70 Arrows, 3 Souls of Light, 3 souls of Night, 1 Souls of Blight @Hardmode Anvil

Note: The ocram is now a secret boss

Whadaya think comment section?

Last edited:
Nice Armour Buffs, non-essential grinding, easier to summon, but still a breeze to fight.

A bit worried about the Dragon Armour being given "On Fire" and "Burning" Debuffs, seeing as the Fire Gauntlet is a must have for Melee-focused characters and that kinda seems like a waste.

Perhaps give the Dragon Armour temporary Lava immunity that stacks with Waders? Would make it very useful for exploring and mining.

Nice Armour Buffs, non-essential grinding, easier to summon, but still a breeze to fight.

A bit worried about the Dragon Armour being given "On Fire" and "Burning" Debuffs, seeing as the Fire Gauntlet is a must have for Melee-focused characters and that kinda seems like a waste.

Perhaps give the Dragon Armour temporary Lava immunity that stacks with Waders? Would make it very useful for exploring and mining.

But the debuff attack modifier from fire gauntlet doesn't work on pvp and having the temporary lava immunity would make it so generic that everyone would carry them as vanities.. How about i'll just take away that On fire debuff so that melee users would still use that fire gauntlet
Edit: and I'll make i fire-debuff resistant

Sure, that works. Really wish there was a better Lava immunity in the game though. Obsidian Skin Potions are the only viable option for extensive Underworld terraforming.

I don't really think of PvP tbh, so I'm not fussed about it.

Just Fire immunity instead of the Melee set buffs might seem like a trade-down though. Try to remember, Turtle/Frost/Beetle Armours are available fairly easily, and they're all good for DPS.

Sure, that works. Really wish there was a better Lava immunity in the game though. Obsidian Skin Potions are the only viable option for extensive Underworld terraforming.

I don't really think of PvP tbh, so I'm not fussed about it.

Just Fire immunity instead of the Melee set buffs might seem like a trade-down though. Try to remember, Turtle/Frost/Beetle Armours are available fairly easily, and they're all good for DPS.

Nope, It's Final because you can't really use lava immunity for boss battles. And this armor isn't really for mining

The Armour needs to have a niche, an edge, a unique benefit. When you play a game like Borderlands, you get loads of great weapons, but you KEEP using the ones that offer up something useful.

Dragon Armour arguably loses it's allure without the huge Melee buff, and worse still, it's got competition from Beetle Armour now. I was just thinking of something different to keep it relevant, not something that may very well be obsolete after you kill Plantera and the Golem.

As for being used for mining, I tend to use Melee Armours for mining. Makes it quicker, and tends to kill most enemies that attack me with my Picksaw.

To be honest, I think that ocram should be burned.

And then peed on.

By your dog.

but anyways not a bad idea, but it needs a niche

Lol. You serious?

Hmhmm.. i have realized that burning is pretty much op
so i'll just change it to the on fire debuff and frostburn and just have it resistant to fire and ice debuffs

Ocram is not the mechanical Brain of Cthulhu, so he should be spawned with an Infected Skull (Or something else infected) anywhere at night instead, because blight means a disease/infection in plants. (Correct me if I'm wrong) He is considered a side boss by most players, so he does not need to be fought to advance the game. The armor bonuses seem nice but a few tweaks are needed. The Titan Set's bonus should be the ability to highlight enemies.

Ocram is not the mechanical Brain of Cthulhu, so he should be spawned with an Infected Skull (Or something else infected) anywhere at night instead, because blight means a disease/infection in plants. (Correct me if I'm wrong) He is considered a side boss by most players, so he does not need to be fought to advance the game. The armor bonuses seem nice but a few tweaks are needed. The Titan Set's bonus should be the ability to highlight enemies.
You must not know muchnaboutmOcram. He is meant to be a mechanical brain of Cthulu.

This is cool! However, you haven't really changed up the fight itself. Maybe we could collaborate a bit? Such as some of my ideas for the fight combined with your ideas for the loot. To make "the ultimate Ocram revamp".

I'm trying to make him a secret boss ..
and I am not going to tweak the armors because I am pretty darn sure that if this gets implemented in pc the devs will do it themselves

505 says that adding console/mobile exclusive content to PC is illegal, if you read their TOS. I think a moderator needs to check this.

Besides the fact a flying predator head with the Eye of Cthulhu's AI isn't much of an addition to PC, specially after 1.3, discussing about impossibles is okay as long as you know they're impossibles.

- Redigit doesn't want to implement console/mobile content on PC because it doesn't fit the vision he has of Terraria.
- 505Games as the highest link in the chain of command of console/mobile development, holds the intellectual property of Ocram itself, and forbids modding console/mobile content into PC.

In short, modding Ocram on PC would be both an insult to the original developer, and illegal - and him being added by developers is a zero in a million chance.

Besides the fact a flying predator head with the Eye of Cthulhu's AI isn't much of an addition to PC, specially after 1.3, discussing about impossibles is okay as long as you know they're impossibles.

- Redigit doesn't want to implement console/mobile content on PC because it doesn't fit the vision he has of Terraria.
- 505Games as the highest link in the chain of command of console/mobile development, holds the intellectual property of Ocram itself, and forbids modding console/mobile content into PC.

In short, modding Ocram on PC would be both an insult to the original developer, and illegal - and him being added by developers is a zero in a million chance.
He's talking about making him a better boss for Console, not implementing him for PC.

I only see the need for change in Spectral armour...Everything else was fine.. Ocram changes were okay, but I dont like the new drop rates, they should stay as is.

Back
Top Bottom