Biomes & Nature The Outback: An Alternate Underworld

Fortanono 🌳

Retinazer
Hello everybody! Underworld alts seem like the new big thing, starting with @Izzabelle's River, and then @SzGamer227's Brimstone alt, which is actually surprising since I thought he doesn't really believe in non-alt spreading biomes. Finally, @Snickerbobble made one called the Depths. I understand that this trend is completely coincidental considering Snicker started his work on this last year and I'm pretty sure I saw Sz's alt in SRT before Izzabelle posted her River, but it seems like a trend. And that's all I need.

So, as you may have seen in my disclaimer (and if you didn't, please read it. I don't want Australians to get offended), I had an idea to make the alternate Underworld based on China because of that myth about digging all the way to China. But halfway through I realized that Baconfry had already made a Chinese biome! (not that I hadn't heard of it, it just didn't occur to me) I didn't have any ideas that would differentiate me from his alt, so I went with the next best thing: Australia. Unlike China, Australia is actually on the other side of the world from the United States, and it seemed like it would have a lot of interesting stuff, so here we go!

Envionment

The Outback, unlike the Underworld, does not have a liquid to sink into, due to the 4 liquid limit (the 4th one was scrapped for now, but still, I wouldn't want to waste it). Instead, it has a few things that give the hazard of lava, but without wasting the fourth liquid. These will be explained later on. Since there is no liquid, the terrain is different: The Outback is flat like the Desert biome on the surface, with only 1-block elevation changes and stuff like that. Veins of Yellowblock, the ore, are exposed to the surface, and can be a threat to anyone who does not have an Obsidian Skull or jumping accessories. The houses are not like the Ruined Houses, instead only being 1 story high and just as big as 1 story of the Ruined Houses. These "shacks" are made of Eucalyptus Wood, with furniture to match and sometimes Sand-Covered Chests spawn on the top. These can contain some cool loot, but can only be unlocked with a Sand Shovel, which turns it into a regular Chest. Small islands of Red Sand spawn above the plateau, containing small stubby Eucalyptus Trees, and "watering holes", about as small as Sky Lakes, dot the outer thirds where no shacks are present.

There is a dynamic background like the new 1.3 Underworld, but it is an open background with rolling hills and eucalyptus trees. Unlike the Underworld, the Outback has a day and night cycle. This cycle is the reverse of the one on the surface; when it is night in the Outback, it is daytime on the Surface and vice versa. Like the surface, there are different mobs during the day and night, but unlike the surface they are equally hard. The various fauna will come out at different times of the day and at night, you can summon the dreaded Ursa Major!

Content
Now, onto the new enemies, gear and blocks!
Red Sand
Found:
In the flat areas of the Outback, and small islands above the main area.
Tool: Copper Pickaxe+
Behavior: Has a chance to fall when broken (like Ash in the old days), but not when placed. When Eucalyptus Trees are on Red Sand, it won't fall.

Yellowblock
Found:
In small patches on the floor of the Outback, and hidden in the Red Sand beneath the plain.
Tool: Nightmare Pickaxe+
Behavior: Inflicts Burning when stepped on without an Obsidian Skull. When mined, bursts into a small cloud of sand that damages and lingers for around 5 seconds.
Notes: "Yellowblock" was apparently the historical name for Sydney Sandstone back in the day.

Eucalyptus Tree
Found:
On the small floating islands of Red Sand above the plain.
Tool: Copper Axe+
Behavior: A tree that grows to about the size of a large Cactus. Drops Eucalyptus Wood and Eucalyptus Leaves.

Eucalyptus Wood
Found:
By chopping down Eucalyptus Trees, and making up the small shacks dotting the Outback.
Behavior: Kinda obvious. Will stop posting this section for things that aren obvious.

Eucalyptus Shingles
Found:
Crafted with 1 Eucalyptus Wood at a Sawmill (makes 3). Also tops the shacks.
Behavior: There are Brown and Green variants for this block.

Eucalyptus Walls and Furniture
Found:
Crafted normally.
Tool: Copper Pickaxe/Wooden Hammer+

Yellowblock Pillar
Found:
Crafted with 1 Stone and 1 Yellowblock.
Behavior: Looks like the Palladium Column, kinda. Has a wall variant, and burns without an Obsidian Skull.

Desert Smelter
Found:
As furniture in a shack.
Behavior: Crafting station. Can smelt Hellstone and Yellowblock Bars.

Sand-Covered Chest
Found:
On top of the shacks, locked. Also crafted with 1 Chest and 10 Red Sand, unlocked.
Tool: None when items are inside. Otherwise, Copper Pickaxe+.
Behavior: Needs a Sand Shovel to open it, turning it into a regular Chest. However, the craftable kind do not need to be unlocked.

Living Sandstorm Block
Found:
Dropped by HM enemies in the Outback rarely (2%) in quantities of 20-50.
Behavior: Background blocks, much like Living Fire Blocks. These can be crafted into Living Ebonsandstorm Blocks, Living Crimsandstorm Blocks, Living Pearlsandstorm Blocks, Living Silt Storm Blocks, and Living Slush Storm Blocks by crafting 20 of these with the respective Sand blocks.
Note: I just picked random times for the animals to spawn. That stuff will change in the future most likely.

DURING THE DAY:

Kangaroo

70/65/40 max health
35/25/15 damage
12/6/0 defense
Herpling AI
These enemies act like nesting dolls. There are 3 types: Mama Kangaroos, Baby Kangaroos, and Joeys. The Mama Kangaroo has a Baby Kangaroo in her pouch, which spawns once she is defeated. The Baby then has a Joey in her pouch, which spawns after the Baby Kangaroo is defeated. The Mama has the first set of stats, the Baby has the second, and the Joey has the third.
Drops:
- Nothing but coins.

Flying Kiwi
135 max health
36 damage (melee)/24 damage (ranged)
10 defense
Bat AI
Shoots Kiwi Feathers that travel in a straight line at a high velocity for a short time, then slowly drift downwards at an extremely low velocity until they hit an enemy or block. Pierces once.
Drops:
- Kiwi Feather 2%

Predator Kiwi
155 max health
36 damage (melee)/24 damage (ranged)
12 defense
Bat AI
Rare Flying Kiwi variant with a Teddy Bear in its talons. Behaves the same.
Drops:
- Teddy Bear 100%
- Kiwi Feather 2%

Dingo
175 max health
25 damage
16 defense
Unicorn AI
Rare enemy that possesses the Unicorn AI. Pretty bulky stats.
Drops:
- Nothing but coins.

AT NIGHT:

Platypus
85 max health
16 damage
6 defense
Fighter AI
Very fast enemy that can swarm you if not careful. Inflicts Poisoned.
Drops:
- Platypus Barb 0.5%

Koala Bear
200 max health
55 damage
14 defense
Fighter AI
A slow but powerful giant that spawns uncommonly.
Drops:
- Sand Goggles 5%

Echidna
65 max health
40 damage
12 defense
Tortoise AI
Rolls at you like a Tortoise.
Drops:
- Nothing but money.

DURING HARDMODE:

Ninja Kiwi
575 max health
60 damage (melee)/125 damage (ranged)
Spawns during the day post-Mech. Fires Shurikens at you that act like the throwable, but do a ton more damage. If anyone gets this reference here (and I know some will) I will be proud.
Drops:
- Dartling Gun 3.33%
- Ceramic Balloon 1.33%

Platypus Spy
180 max health
55 damage
14 defense
Fighter AI
This reference is a bit more obvious. Spawns at night post-Mech. Fast Fighter AI, basically.
Drops:
- Platypus Barb 2%

Shady Tourist
400 max health
14 damage
20 defense
A Terrarian hiding from the law in the Outback. Put a Shackle on him with right-click and he will become the Tax Collector NPC.
Ursa Major
9000 health
50 melee damage, 15 ranged damage (25 in phase 2)
10 defense

If you trash your Teddy Bear and overwrite it while in the Outback at night, you summon the Ursa Major. This boss looks like a giant bear hidden in the shadows, and will still chase you when daytime comes. It starts from one edge of the world and travels to the other, like the Wall of Flesh. The only part you can hurt is the head. While Ursa Major is charging at you, it has 2 attack patterns:
  1. It growls, which is a projectile with an increasing hitbox as it travels towards you. The projectile looks like a sound wave.
  2. Ursa Minors come from the other side of the screen, the side which the Ursa Major is not going, to distract you.
Here are the Ursa Minor's stats:

Ursa Minor
70 health
25 damage
6 defense

After getting to 4500 health, the Ursa Major's eyes turn red, and it dashes almost instantaneously to the other side of you. If you are behind her after this, you get the Claw debuff, the equivalent to the Tongue. It starts traveling backwards at immense speeds, growling like before, but no Ursa Minors spawn. Its defense will drop to 0 during this phase. After defeating it, you get these drops:
  • Pwnhammer 100%
  • Clunk-E 33.33%
  • Simian Strongbow 33.33%
  • Fire Starter 33.33%
  • Warrior Emblem 25%
  • Ranger Emblem 25%
  • Sorcerer Emblem 25%
  • Summoner Emblem 25%
  • Furry Heart 1005 (Expert Mode only)
First off, a new brewing ingredient and some fish:

Eucalyptus Leaf
Material
Dropped from Eucalyptus Trees

Great Barrier Fish
Fished out of watering holes in the Outback. Looks like a piece of coral.

And the potions:

Barrier Potion
5 minute duration
Creates a barrier that slows down any enemies near you, about as big as the Inferno Potion
Crafted with Bottled Water, a Waterleaf, a Eucalyptus Leaf and a Great Barrier Fish

Repellent Potion
10 minute duration
Reduced damage from buglike enemies (Hornets, Spiders, Antlions, etc.)
Crafted with Bottled Water, Blinkroot and Eucalyptus Leaf.

Gravitation Potion Alternate Recipe
Now can use Eucalyptus Leaves instead of Fireblossom.

Teleportation Potion Alternate Recipe
Now can use Eucalyptus Leaves instead of Fireblossom.

Gender Change Potion Recipe Change
Does not use Fireblossom anymore.

Inferno Potion Recipe Change
Does not use Fireblossom anymore, and can still be obtained in an Outback world due to Cavern-layer lava.

Flask of Fire Recipe Change
Can now use Red Sand instead of Hellstone.
SANDSTONE GEAR:

Sandstone Slicer

23 melee damage
2 knockback
17 use time
This sword is a very fast sword, but unlike the Muramasa, it doesn't auto-swing. This means that the DPS of this thing is limited to your own ability.
Crafted with 18 Yellowblock Bars

Sandstone Slasher
32 melee damage
5 knockback
29 use time
The Sandstone Slicer's counterpart i.e. Chlorophyte swords. As the opposite of the Slicer, this sword is pretty slow, but still auto-swings.

Barren Pickaxe
105% pickaxe power
13 melee damage
2 knockback
24 use time
+1 range
Basically the counterpart to the Molten Pickaxe. Slower than the Molten one, but has +1 range.
Crafted with 24 Yellowblock Bars

Barren Hamaxe
155% axe power/75% hammer power
21 melee damage
7 knockback
32 use time
+1 range
A counterpart to the Molten Hamaxe. Slower but has +1 range.
Crafted with 12 Yellowblock Bars

Hardy Boomerang
40 melee damage
8 knockback
15 use time
Boomerang. Has a bit of a large hitbox.
Crafted with 1 Wooden Boomerang and 12 Yellowblock Bars

Hunter's Bow
34 ranged damage
2 knockback
21 use time
Has a base 15% crit chance instead of the usual 4%.
Crafted with 12 Yellowblock Bars

Desert Eagles
21 ranged damage
2 knockback
11 use time
Every shot, it switches what ammo you are using from the first stack in your ammo slots/inventory to the second one. Has slightly weaker stats to counteract this.
Crafted with 2 Flintlock Pistols and 12 Yellowblock Bars

Echidna Staff
19 summon damage
Summons an echidna to fight for you, acting like the enemy by rolling into enemies.

Sandstorm Arrow
11 ranged damage
3 knockback
Shoots out grains of sand upon hit, like Crystal Bullets.

OTHER PRE-HARDMODE WEAPONS:

Kiwi Feather
28 magic damage
3 knockback
19 use time
Shoots a burst of 3 feathers that travel straight at a high velocity for a short time, then slowly drift downwards at an extremely low velocity until they hit an enemy or block. Pierces once.
Dropped by Flying and Predator Kiwis

Dingo
28 melee damage
3 knockback
24 use time
Nothing special. Based on the One Drop yoyo the Dingo.
Rarely dropped by any enemy in the Outback post-Skeletron

Sand Burst
34 melee damage
4 knockback
8 use time
A shortsword that releases a burst of sand out of the tip, much like Vile Powder.
Found in Sand-Covered Chests

Hunter's Knife
28 melee damage
6 knockback
29 use time
Basically an upgraded Chain Knife.

Musical Digeridoo
16 magic damage
No knockback
12 use time
Uses 5 mana
Sprays music notes like the Magical Harp, with the velocity depending on your cursor's distance from you. Does not bounce or pierce, though.
Crafted with 1 Digeridoo and 30 Palm Wood

Tribal Digeridoo
21 magic damage
No knockback
18 use time
Uses 8 mana
Auto-fires waves of sound that epand their hitbox until reaching 4-5 blocks in front of you, after which they dissipate.
Crafted with 1 Digeridoo and 30 Rich Mahogany

Sandgrain Bow
20 ranged damage
No knockback
8 use time
Shoots a scatter of sand projectiles that curve in random directions, making it very inaccurate but it is very fast and auto-fires.

Gunyip
55 ranged damage
6 knockback
35 use time
A bit like a pre-HM Sniper Rifle.
Fished out of the Outback's watering holes

HARDMODE:

Clunk-E

30 melee damage
8 knockback
24 use time
A giant yoyo that has a head as big as a flail head (gigantic for a yoyo).
Dropped by Ursa Major

Simian Strongbow
24 ranged damage
5 knockback
35 use time
Fires a giant version of whatever arrow you shot. These arrows possess no special effects, and they act identical to each other, except they burst into 2-4 of the arrow you shot like Crystal Bullets, which do 50% of the combined bow damage. This will take advantage of whatever arrow you shot, while still having a "transforming" effect.

Fire Starter
32 magic damage
6 knockback
16 use time
Basically a Water Bolt upgrade that acts just like it. Can inflict On Fire.

Dartling Gun
32 ranged damage
1 knockback
12 use time
Uses Seeds/Darts as ammo
Again, a reference to something.
Dropped by Ninja Kiwi

The Hel-Fire is still dropped by Cavern enemies, but not by Outback enemies. It does not have a counterpart.
Sandstone Armor
Helmet bonus:
8 defense, 5% increased movement speed
Breastplate bonus: 9 defense, 5% increased melee critical strike chance
Leggings bonus: 8 defense, 5% increased melee speed
Set bonus: 25% increased melee speed
Crafted with 12/24/18 Yellowblock Bars

Platypus Barb
Melee attacks inflict Poisoned
Dropped by the Platypus and Platypus Spy

Toxic Claw
Tinker between the Mechanical Glove and Platypus Barb, has all the same effects.

Sand Goggles
Removes damage taken from Yellowblock sand clouds.

Ceramic Balloon
Increases jump/flight height by quite a significant amount, more than the Red Balloon does. Tooltip: "Contains rainbows inside"
Dropped by Ninja Kiwi (yet another reference!)
Yellowblock Bar
Material in the top-tier equipment
Crafted with 3 Yellowblock and 1 Sandstone (from the Underground Desert) at a Desert Smelter

Digeridoo
Material in 2 magic weapons

Sand Shovel
Unlocks infinite Sand-Covered Chests
Found in locked Dungeon Chests

Outback Bass
Used in Cooked Fish
Fished out of watering holes in the Outback

What do you think?

Last edited:
That actually sounds promising. You should make sprites though (or have somebody do it).

I think only us Aussies will understand this suggestion. :)

Sorry, I can't read it in-depth right now, but four things stuck out at me. Firstly, day/night cycles aren't really applicable underground. Secondly, the boss should be a Drop Bear. Thirdly, there's no Bunyip enemy. Fourthly, Koalas aren't bears.

I'll try to read through this properly later.

Edit: Fifthly, where's the Vegemite?

I think only us Aussies will understand this suggestion. :)

Sorry, I can't read it in-depth right now, but four things stuck out at me. Firstly, day/night cycles aren't really applicable underground. Secondly, the boss should be a Drop Bear. Thirdly, there's no Bunyip enemy. Fourthly, Koalas aren't bears.

I'll try to read through this properly later.

Edit: Fifthly, where's the Vegemite?
I called it the "Koala Bear" cause that's a name some people call it. And do you mean the cycle would be hard to code or something? Because I think it'd work fine. I'll look some stuff up about Bunyips and Drop Bears, and Vegemite... could be interesting.

EDIT: The Drop Bear... doesn't seem like something that would fit a Wall boss. So probably not doing that, but I might look into some more Australian animals for the boss.

And do you mean the cycle would be hard to code or something? Because I think it'd work fine.
I mean that currently (to the best of my knowledge), day/night cycles have no effect on the Underground / Cavern / Underworld layers with relation to enemies spawning. I think the only underground thing that pays attention to the day/night cycle is the Moonglow? (And maybe as of 1.3, the Fireblossom?)

I mean that currently (to the best of my knowledge), day/night cycles have no effect on the Underground / Cavern / Underworld layers with relation to enemies spawning. I think the only underground thing that pays attention to the day/night cycle is the Moonglow? (And maybe as of 1.3, the Fireblossom?)
I know. But I think that a day/night cycle here would make the whole place more ambient and stuff like that, since it's meant to be the other side of the world.

And about a previous point: The Drop Bear... doesn't seem like something that would fit a Wall boss. So probably not doing that, but I might look into some more Australian animals for the boss.

This seems like a pretty cool idea. I'm overall not a huge fan of biome alts beyond Corruption/Hallow, but this one is pretty cool. And yes, I understood the Ninja Kiwi reference :)

This seems like a pretty cool idea. I'm overall not a huge fan of biome alts beyond Corruption/Hallow, but this one is pretty cool. And yes, I understood the Ninja Kiwi reference :)
Glad you like it!

Also, one more thing: @Sigma90, I was thinking that the Bunyip could work if some "watering holes" were added, not as a hazard but as ambience. And then maybe we could have the Bunyip as a fishing weapon, like the Obsidian Swordfish?

I was thinking that the Bunyip could work if some "watering holes" were added, not as a hazard but as ambience. And then maybe we could have the Bunyip as a fishing weapon, like the Obsidian Swordfish?
Sounds good! That would work.

A small update about fishing, minus quest fish which I might put in later. There is currently the Great Barrier Fish, the Outback Bass and the Sniper Rifle-esque Gunyip!

Wow-ow, this is pretty decent.

Sprites are missing (but, guess that'll be added later on). But what's the liquid that's replacing lava (if there would be).

Overall, this is a bloody good suggestion (btw, I'm Australian, so this makes alot of sense to me)

Dont worry mate, being an Australian I found this suggestion pretty funny and im not offended at all.
The only people that would be offended are those that like to get offended at everything just to get attention and ruin everyone's day

Anyway on to constructive criticism.
I personally am not very fond of Alts for any biome really as I dont want to have to create another world if theres a specific piece of gear (or potion ingredient) that I really want. Although this idea doesn't seem too bad really, maybe a bit more work but it could be something good.

Notes: "Yellowblock" was apparently the historical name for Sydney Sandstone back in the day.
That is true and all, but it doesn't seem like the most exciting thing to me. The name just seems a bit... eh even if it does have a bit of history behind it. Instead, you could have the unique ore being opal because Australia actually has a lot of valuable opal mines.

Mama Kangaroos, Baby Kangaroos, and Joeys.
Just to clarify, baby kangaroos are joeys, the idea of having a baby kangaroo have an even smaller baby kangaroo jump out just seems a liiitle bit off.

Contrary to (some kind of) popular belief, kiwis do not actually live in Australia, they are New Zealand only. I'm pretty sure you're referencing the website Ninja Kiwi that had the Bloons series of games, but that doesn't really work with the whole idea of Australia too well. Instead of them, for a flying type enemy you could get a Kookaburra or a Cookatoo/Galah.

AT NIGHT:
The idea of having an entirely different set of monsters at night seems pretty interesting for an underworld biome. I like it

Koala Bear
A slow but powerful giant that spawns uncommonly.
Thats not really similar to how they behave in real life (then again, not much else here is.) Instead, you could have them spawn on eucalyptus trees and spit the leaves at you as a projectile attack. Something similar to an antlion but with an attack like the razorpine

Echidna
Rolls at you like a Tortoise.
Echindas dont actually attack like Knuckles (and by proxy Sonic) do but I kinda like how this is anyway.

Shady Tourist
Excuse me? This gave me one hell of a laugh though

Ursa Major
I'm not very fond of the whole Ursa Major idea. Its not very Australian considering we dont even have bears. Instead, an idea I have would be to incorporate Aboriginal Dream time Stories. These were stories created by the Aboriginal Australians to explain things such as the creation of the world or how the kangaroo got its pouch.
By far the most well known one is the Rainbow Serpent who created the world. I feel this would be somewhat more of a fitting boss than some bear. It could still work as some kind of wall enemy as it literally could be a MASSIVE serpent whos head is around the same size as the whole wall of flesh.
Furry Heart 1005
Also you never actually explained what this was or does.

Repellent Potion
Thats cute, not the most practical potion but I still like it.

Musical Digeridoo
Tribal Digeridoo
I don't really like the idea of having two separate Didgeridoo items (or really any multiple of items) that you can only get an integral part from the shadow/sand chests as if you only get one then you're :red: outta luck.

Hardy Boomerang
40 melee damage
Sandstone Armor
Helmet bonus:
8 defense, 5% increased movement speed
Breastplate bonus: 9 defense, 5% increased melee critical strike chance
Leggings bonus: 8 defense, 5% increased melee speed
Set bonus: 25% increased melee speed
Now I'm sure you did think about this, but I like how the Australian boomerang is notably better than the flamarang, along with the armour benefiting boomerangs as well.

Sand Goggles
Removes damage taken from Yellowblock sand clouds.
This just seems like a bit of a waste for an accessory really. Maybe if you could combine it with something else, perhaps the lava charm as they are somewhat opposites

Oh my god the Gunyip, you get 10 brownie points for that.

Also can we get this as the background music instead of the current Hell theme :dryadtongue:

I also have some other Australian animals that I recon would work, such as
The Tasmanian Devils as maybe a hardmode alt for the Dingos and an alt to the red devils (see what I did there?)
A crocodile is just kind of necessary because c'mon, its a freakin crocodile they could be in the pools of water. (they can drop the Steve Irwin Vanity set :p)
A wombat would also be good.
So would a blue tongue lizard or some other kind of Australian lizard.
An Australian snake would work well as a Bone Serpent type enemy.
You could also get a giant blowfly enemy, because any Australian will know what I mean when I say they are some kind of hell.
You're also missing a great opportunity to get an Emu, I mean seriously. They're badass. You could have some kind of Giant Emu walking at you instead of an Ursa Major as it also feel its a bit more relevant than some bear.

Wow-ow, this is pretty decent.

Sprites are missing (but, guess that'll be added later on). But what's the liquid that's replacing lava (if there would be).

Overall, this is a bloody good suggestion (btw, I'm Australian, so this makes alot of sense to me)
I can't sprite, so there's that. And as I said, there's no lava. Instead the Yellowblock releases sand clouds and the Red Sand falling could be the environmental hazard.

Instead of them, for a flying type enemy you could get a Kookaburra or a Cookatoo/Galah.
Or a magpie. Get too close to their nest when they have chicks...
I might be wrong, but I think Kiwi birds can't/don't fly? If so, that pretty much rules them out from being a flying enemy.

Reactions: Elk
Dont worry mate, being an Australian I found this suggestion pretty funny and im not offended at all.
The only people that would be offended are those that like to get offended at everything just to get attention and ruin everyone's day

Anyway on to constructive criticism.
I personally am not very fond of Alts for any biome really as I dont want to have to create another world if theres a specific piece of gear (or potion ingredient) that I really want. Although this idea doesn't seem too bad really, maybe a bit more work but it could be something good.
Makes sense. But they're in the game for now, and they'll probably stay that way.

That is true and all, but it doesn't seem like the most exciting thing to me. The name just seems a bit... eh even if it does have a bit of history behind it. Instead, you could have the unique ore being opal because Australia actually has a lot of valuable opal mines.
I like Opal, but I don't wanna have to remaster this toolset.

Just to clarify, baby kangaroos are joeys, the idea of having a baby kangaroo have an even smaller baby kangaroo jump out just seems a liiitle bit off.
Sorry LOL. But I think it works with the enemy in general.

Contrary to (some kind of) popular belief, kiwis do not actually live in Australia, they are New Zealand only. I'm pretty sure you're referencing the website Ninja Kiwi that had the Bloons series of games, but that doesn't really work with the whole idea of Australia too well. Instead of them, for a flying type enemy you could get a Kookaburra or a Cookatoo/Galah.
Yeah, I knew that, but the NK reference was not something I wanted to turn down.

The idea of having an entirely different set of monsters at night seems pretty interesting for an underworld biome. I like it
Thanks!

Thats not really similar to how they behave in real life (then again, not much else here is.) Instead, you could have them spawn on eucalyptus trees and spit the leaves at you as a projectile attack. Something similar to an antlion but with an attack like the razorpine
I kinda like that idea. When I'm not feeling lazy I will add that in.

Echindas dont actually attack like Knuckles (and by proxy Sonic) do but I kinda like how this is anyway.
Was not thinking of Sonic with this. Just thought that, well, they kinda round.

Excuse me? This gave me one hell of a laugh though
I meant the Tax Collector. Had to include him in here somehow!

I'm not very fond of the whole Ursa Major idea. Its not very Australian considering we dont even have bears. Instead, an idea I have would be to incorporate Aboriginal Dream time Stories. These were stories created by the Aboriginal Australians to explain things such as the creation of the world or how the kangaroo got its pouch.
By far the most well known one is the Rainbow Serpent who created the world. I feel this would be somewhat more of a fitting boss than some bear. It could still work as some kind of wall enemy as it literally could be a MASSIVE serpent whos head is around the same size as the whole wall of flesh.
Good idea. Could not think of a WoF-style boss for the life of me. But the attack patterns are staying.

Also you never actually explained what this was or does.
Basically the same thing as the Demon Heart from the WoF.

Thats cute, not the most practical potion but I still like it.
It's about as practical as the Warmth Potion. Which was what I thought of. Use it against Queen Bee too, and you're basically God.

I don't really like the idea of having two separate Didgeridoo items (or really any multiple of items) that you can only get an integral part from the shadow/sand chests as if you only get one then you're :red: outta luck.
I guess. But I kinda like that idea.

Now I'm sure you did think about this, but I like how the Australian boomerang is notably better than the flamarang, along with the armour benefiting boomerangs as well.
Didn't, really. Stats are the most boring part of this :p. And as for the armor, I wanted to make it a bit better than Shadow armor as a parallel to Molten's direct damage. But I'll nerf it.

This just seems like a bit of a waste for an accessory really. Maybe if you could combine it with something else, perhaps the lava charm as they are somewhat opposites
It's an Obsidian Rose counterpart. Maybe I'll think of something, but they're both worthless.

Oh my god the Gunyip, you get 10 brownie points for that.
Sorry for my ignorance, but is that a reference? Should've known it would be.

Also can we get this as the background music instead of the current Hell theme :dryadtongue:

I also have some other Australian animals that I recon would work, such as
The Tasmanian Devils as maybe a hardmode alt for the Dingos and an alt to the red devils (see what I did there?)
A crocodile is just kind of necessary because c'mon, its a freakin crocodile they could be in the pools of water. (they can drop the Steve Irwin Vanity set :p)
A wombat would also be good.
So would a blue tongue lizard or some other kind of Australian lizard.
An Australian snake would work well as a Bone Serpent type enemy.
You could also get a giant blowfly enemy, because any Australian will know what I mean when I say they are some kind of hell.
You're also missing a great opportunity to get an Emu, I mean seriously. They're badass. You could have some kind of Giant Emu walking at you instead of an Ursa Major as it also feel its a bit more relevant than some bear.
Responses in bold. Whenever I stop being lazy, I'll update it with your feedback.

I might be wrong, but I think Kiwi birds can't/don't fly? If so, that pretty much rules them out from being a flying enemy.
Geez, its so weird to think about these animals that we see on more or less a daily basis and then to think that Americans don't even experience them

That's why I called the Flying Kiwis. :p
Geez, its so weird to think about these animals that we see on more or less a daily basis and then to think that Americans don't even experience them
Trust me, Australia sounds amazing. I kinda want to go. :p

Back
Top Bottom