The Pyromancer Playthrough

Vikri

Wall of Flesh
Welcome to my first ever restricted playthrough! In this playthrough i can only use fire related items to deal damage.
My char(coal) Simon will try to defeat duke fishron as the goal of the challenge, lets begin! also check out @ppowersteef `s throwable only playthrough!

2015-03-25_00005.jpg

So here he is, without weapon, without house, without warmth. All he can do is build a house for now.
2015-03-25_00006.jpg

He crafted a bow in his new house but still needs flaming arrows. He wished that he could burn that bunny alive... but no, luckily you cant do that without a weapon.

2-1.jpg

Simon wasted time by going down underground without torches, (big mistake) so now its night time.
That will make it harder. Simon couldnt wait to get that firery goodness, so he vent out in the night. Simon smashed all the pots he could find until he finally found what he was looking for: TORCHES! OHHH YEEEAAAH!!!
2-2.jpg

The first thing he did was crafting flaming arrows. Those will become useful for fighting monsters!
Then he went down underground... again.
2-3.jpg

After searching some more, Simon found the most valuable material in all of terraria, Silt. He used the extractinator he found earlier to extract all the valuable materials from the silt. Now hes a rich man!

3-1.jpg

When Simon got home (Cough Cough, He died, Cough Cough) he crafted a keen gold bow! Nice! He took a look at his inventory and realized that he had to sell some stuff. That means more house construcing, yaay.
3-2.jpg

Simon created 3 new rooms for npcs and even built himself a bed!
3-3.jpg

After a long day of hard work, the merchant and dye trader moved into his house. He could finally sell his "not pyro enough" weapons!

4-1.jpg

Simon decided that he was finally ready to face the eye of chthulu. He went hunting for some lenses, ending with 13 lenses.
4-2.jpg

Now that Simon has the lenses, he can craft the suspicious looking eye. Simon rushed to the corruption. He crafted 2 spawners and also mined some demonite ore while he was there.
4-3.jpg

When he got home he buildt an arena for the fight. The fight itself was really easy. He didnt even need to drink an healing potion!:eek:
With the drops he crafted a deadly demon bow.

Last edited:
This sounds epic! My non-sword melee weapon playthrough (which I now call my Samurai playthrough, and which now includes shortswords, so it's basically a non-swinging weapon playthrough) was a fun idea, but I was stuck on a world with no spears or boomerangs in chests, and so I had to use a shortsword all the way through, eventually stopping the playthrough without any notice. Considering you can craft Flaming Arrows, I don't doubt it'll work out better than my playthough. :p

Molotovs should make this trivial.

Also, advice concerning the narration of this playthrough, you don't need to describe things we can figure out through the screenshots itself such as 'I got a piggy bank'.

Molotovs should make this trivial.

Also, advice concerning the narration of this playthrough, you don't need to describe things we can figure out through the screenshots itself such as 'I got a piggy bank'.
I will try to remember this when im writing, thanks for your feedback!

This is interesting. It's a challenge to play the game with limited weapons. I'm looking forward for more.

Back
Top Bottom