NPCs & Enemies The Sun's Rays Intensify!

Would you like to see this in-game?

• Yes!

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • If it gets some more suggestions, yes.

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Maybe...

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • No.

Votes: 5 10.6%

• Total voters

TheQuietBisharp

Official Terrarian
Hello! I'm TheQuietBisharp, and I'd like to welcome you to my second suggestion. This will be a randomly occurring event like the Solar Eclipse. This event will spawn mobs based on the idea of fire and intense sunlight. It will be Post-Golem, but I'm no good with numbers. Let's get on with it, shall we? I'm still deciding on a name, so leave your suggestions below.

Enemies
Soldier of the Sun-the basic enemy of the event. It is as tall as you are, with a burning appearance on red Hallowed Armor. (It won't have as much armor as the Hallowed, I'll work on balancing if this gets enough traction)
index.php

(Sprite by @Vikri)
Fire Elemental-Telports like a Choas Elemental, leaves behind burning after-effect like Mourning Wood's attacks

Fire Ent-These trees were mutated by intense photosynthesis. They prefer attacking with strength, not speed.

Meteor Legion-Appears like a Meteor Head atop Meteor Armor. When killed it will split into 3 smaller enemies.
index.php

(Sprite by @Lecic)
Lihzahrd Mage: These Lihzahrds sensed the increased power of the sun and came to the surface. They have simple caster AI. Credit to @Hero of Terra

Sun Harnessers-these huge Lihzahrds worship the Sun and bask in its glory whnever they get the chance. The wield large clubs and can inflict Broken Armor for 30 seconds
Spawn of Plantera-mini Plantera with vines for arms and legs. They will try to assault you in a group.

Komodo Dragon-an enemy that gains speed the more it is in the sun. The can inflict the Poison debuff like their IRL counterparts. They can reach a top speed of what Lihzahrds reach with half health (needs a drop) Credit to @Hero of Terra

Drops
This is the section that needs the most work. So far here's what I have:

Fiery Coals-rare drop from Soldiers of the Sun, summons a pet Emberling. Imagine a Sapling made out of fire
index.php
(Thanks again @Lecic!)
Smoldering Shield-a Magic spell that surrounds the player with a circle of fire. Every flame does 45 damage and fizzles out when it hits an enemy. Dropped rarely by Fire Elemental

World-Melter- Rarely dropped by Fire Elementals, uses mana and shoots an attack similar to Mourning Wood's Greek Fire. Credit for the idea: @Pumpking

Lihzahrd Casters will rarely drop Lizard Eggs at the same rate as banners (because you know it is too hard to get for casual players)

Lihzahrd Club-A huge club fashioned out of jungle tree, it drops rarely from Sun Harnessers. It can inflict Broken Armor as well.

Rafflesia-rare drop from the Spawn of Plantera. It makes enemies think twice about attacking you. Accessory. (Maybe tinker it with something, don't know what)

Effects and Changes
The Party Girl will sell a new accessory, Sunscreen
index.php
(Thanks @Qw2!) . It will prevent a new debuff, Sunburned. She will also have a new line of dialogue, "This party's heating up!" Sunburned will occur if you are out in open sunlight for too long. Your speed will be halved and you will lose 1/4 of your Attack for 45 seconds. The Sun Stone's effects are doubled during this event. All surface water is boiling, and your breathing time is halved. No ice mobs spawn.

Well, what do you think? Give me your suggestions!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 388
Last edited:
I actually like this! Name, maybe "The Sun's rays are breaking through the atmosphere!"
It does neeed more drops, maybe a gun that shoots the projectiles that trail behind Fire Elementals?
Thanks for your support! It would be cool to have something that shoots Mourning wood's projectiles, I'll add that in later.

I like it a lot! I've got a suggestion though. Since this is post-Golem, and the Lihzahrd temples look like they're built worshiping some sort of sun god, how about adding a new enemy, something like a Lihzahrd Worshiper or Lihzahrd Cultists with glowing gold robes based off the sun.

I like it a lot! I've got a suggestion though. Since this is post-Golem, and the Lihzahrd temples look like they're built worshiping some sort of sun god, how about adding a new enemy, something like a Lihzahrd Worshiper or Lihzahrd Cultists with glowing gold robes based off the sun.
I'll try to keep on adding some Lihzard stuff, I actually completely forgot how lizards love sunlight.

For the people that voted no, can I get a reason why? I can't fix what I don't know to fix.

I think this is a great idea, we need some sort of sun event, if they're adding the lunar event in 1.3. Great idea, it was easy to understand, you have my full support dude

I've added two more enemies and their drops. If anyone knows something to tinker with the Rafflesia, let me know. I'm thinking maybe with the Mana Flower, then combine that with Nature's Gift.

I'm wondering what I can do to improve my suggestion. I can't sprite and I can't really come up with definite numbers so if I could get help on that I'll be very happy.
Honestly its pretty amazing as is, ask around in the art section for help with making sprites, maybe some sort of Komodo Dragon enemy, maybe similar to Megalania, and themed around the Lihzahrd? I really dunno, this idea is just perfect :p Perhaps you could restructure it, similar to something like Tobbvald's Tinkering, but that's about all I've got.

Honestly its pretty amazing as is, ask around in the art section for help with making sprites, maybe some sort of Komodo Dragon enemy, maybe similar to Megalania, and themed around the Lihzahrd? I really dunno, this idea is just perfect :p Perhaps you could restructure it, similar to something like Tobbvald's Tinkering, but that's about all I've got.
I have asked @Vikri for spriting help. I'll check out that thread and see if I can make changes. I think a Komodo Dragon would be cool, were it could inflict venom like in real life. I'll try to add him in when I get the chance.

I'm planning on adding new dialogue options for NPCs and the Komodo Dragon has been added. I'm taking ideas for what new dialogue characters will have. My first idea is the Cyborg: "MY INTERNAL COOLANT SYSTEM IS INEFFIENCIENT WITH THIS WEATHER."

Back
Top Bottom