The throwable only playthrough

@ajidot 's picture of the Niagara waterfalls inspired me:
part 29.PNG

The Nageru waterfalls.

Last edited:
Nageru is a little bit in a Midlife crisis, sure, she have a break for now untill 1.3 arrives. but that's getting bored too (except dansen, dansen never gets bored),
so time to do some stuff to entertain herself.
She builded two extra rooms for her NPC's. (it's a coincidence that the mechanic and goblin tinkerer are in the homes though)
index.php

And she 'Borrows' some guide voodoo dolls in from my main world to farm for the Fire Gauntlet, because:
index.php

Nageru is now a flamethrower.

Whoa, I'm really suprised, I've expected a few throwables in the next update, but it appears that throwables becomes a WHOLE NEW CLASS!

This overjoy's me, whether it happens because of this playthrough or not, that doesn't really matter, all I can say is YES! Nageru is no longer out of the place now between all my class OC's.

Also:
new run.png

I had plans to continiue it on this world, but I think it's much better to experience it all over again, with all the new throwable stuff from the start. CAN'T WAIT FOR IT!!!

(On another note, I first want to do a playthrough with myself instead, because I firstly want to experience all non-throwable weapons first.)

I myself am intrigued with the throwables class. Never been my most go to weapons in early pre hardmode, but since it's being buffed and having armor and weapons I might give it a go in my first run through the game. Can't wait to see how your run goes being it's class only and I usually just get new items as I go, not class restricted.

Something is going to happen:

Peace has returned after the defeat of the duke, however, everytime during a full moon, Nageru is getting nightmares about the end of the world, she was thinking if the nightmares has a link with the moon itself, she asked the town NPC about, but they were all just talking about angel statues, that nobody realise she's 500 years old, and that it's too dangerous to go alone outside during the dark..."You don't have to talk me stuff I already know about since the beginning, Brett"
1.png

despite that, Nageru went at the next night of a full moon outside, she wants to get a good view of the moon, so she scaled a mountian. along with her thrusted Beetle Armor, Ankh Shield, Magic Dagger and Paladins Hammer.
2.png

It was a tough climb with much pressure, though Nageru realised at the top that she had her wings equipped the whole time, things gets forgetten when you rarely use them.
Then, Nageru reached the summit, the moon was much MUCH bigger than she expected, either the mountian was that high, or the moon was coming closer, both seems to be illogical. then suddenly, everything went pitch black. and three massive eyes were staring at her.
3.png

Nageru prepared for a fight, but the eyes were too powerful, like it couldn't even be harmed at all. despite her tough effort, she became exhausted. and the middle eye started to lose a destructable laser on her.
4.png

after that, it went pitch black. days later, the NPC's were wondering where Nageru is. She havn't returned after the leave during the full moon.

Meanwhile, in an Island much farther away, known for it's bloody crimsoned horror, a man was walking around the beach, and she found a girl at the shore. totally wounded and with burned down clothes. Appearantly, It was Nageru Hito itself.
5.png

Nageru: "What happened?"
Zach: "I've found you at the beach, it's not really the right place to stay there with all the sharks around"
N: "...Brett the Guide? is that you?"
Z: "my name is Zach, but I can be your guide to help accross this island"
N: "I know already about how to whack a tree and such stuff, but what and where is this place?"
Z: "this is Crescent Island. a new place once known for many people to watch the moon and ride in minecarts underground. I believe there are still some blue robed people around, talking the whole time about some super moon"

N: "Okay, so this is obviously not my home, but why are those people so obsessed with a moon?"
Z:"according to legends, the moon is home to a massive alien who calls himself the Moon Lord, which becomes immortal as long as people are believing in his existence, He watch over the whole earth, and some believe he's also able to destroy it at will, I want to stop those men, but I can't face then with my bow"
N:"I can help your problem out, but I'll return to my own country after I've helped you out."
Z:"That's allright, but are you healthy enough? It doesn't look like you can really stand up"
N:*stands up* "I'm fine" *falls down* "...almost, maybe I just need to rest and get some life crystals again, where's my equipment?"
Z: "uhm, all I've found is this here..."

Zach shows Nageru the weapons and armor, all broken, burned down, or simply destroyed.

N: "well, this looks like I've to start all stuff over again...-sight-"
Z: "also, be aware that the Moon Lord is watching you, already from the beginning"
N: "So?"
Z: "He'll eventually send you several evil enemies and invasions, and protects them with a hidden force, which protects them from Items you've used".
N: "So that means that I can't fight those enemies with my own weapons? how am I supposed to fight them then? I can't use any other form of weaponry"
Z: "I assume you prefers thrown weapons, then I've good news for you, The Crescent Island is home to quite some new throwing weapons for you"
N: "...In that case, I have actually still a change, the so called 'moon lord' protects the big bosses only with weapons I've used right? so that means the weapons I havn't used earlier are also allowed"
Z: "uhm.....I suppose..."
N: "Well then, let's get started, bring me to your home"
Z: I'm a hobo, the tax is pretty expensive nowadays. Are you sure you can deal with those guys and their bonus protection?
N: "I'm a throwing master, I'll handle this"

The Throwable Playthrough book 2: The Crescent Island, coming soon.

Last edited:
Looking forward to book 2, just found this today, but im already hooked.

Just one bit of constructive criticisms. I've noticed you keep using the word change instead of chance and they are quite different words.
Change means to modify or alter something,
whilst chance means with a possibility of some kind.

Looking forward to book 2, just found this today, but im already hooked.

Just one bit of constructive criticisms. I've noticed you keep using the word change instead of chance and they are quite different words.
Change means to modify or alter something,
whilst chance means with a possibility of some kind.

Is there any chance that this will change? ;)

Allright, time to set up some new rules.

As long as the Moon Lord lives, all bosses and invasions are now guarded by an invisible force, which protects them from the weapons used in the previous playthrough.

All throwable weapons are still allowed when nothing is happening, because I don't want to give the playthrough too much limits. but the next items are not allowed during boss fights and invasions:

- Throwing Knife
- Shurikens
- Spikey Balls
- Molotovs
- Grenades
- Magic dagger
- every boomerang except bananarangs

It's probably a weird choice to put limits inside a limited playthrough, (this limitception tho), but that's why It's better to focus on the new throwing weapons, those I allow:

- Bone Throwing Knife
- Bone Javelin
- Javelins
- ShadowFlame Knife
- Flying Knife
- and the new ultimate weapon, Daybreak

Though Nageru got the Vampire Knives, she havn't used it during her quest to kill the duke, so those are still allowed in this run.

As there's not enough throwing armor in hardmode, I'm not going to limit it with that.

And now, let's begin:

part 1.PNG

And here started Nageru over again...with everything left behind except her blindfold. (for vanity purpose anyway).

Zach Is meanwhile practising his archery
part 1.1.PNG

And keeps missing, no wonder he needs Nageru's help.
So, time to go left, She take a little break to watch over the small sandpile that the game sees as a desert
part 1.2.PNG

...yeah.....and right after that also the place known for it's nevermelting ice and snow, Nageru realised that she have never used snowballs for unknown reasons. so she decides using those instead. if it will be a boss killer, who knows?

A little bit later, she's heading left, with a stack of 200 snowballs, and she found a massive tree, with below even two shelters with hermes boots and cloud in a bottle.
Nageru was still too tired to build a home, so she made the shelters and the tree liveable
part 1.3.PNG

After that, she went west again, and found a nice dune that warns her for the desert
meanwhile in the desert, she found even more awesomeness:
part 1.5.PNG

A piramid with a sandstorm inside, unbelieveable, such great items all on the first day! :dryadgrin:

Also, I found it worth screenshotting the dune, thanks camera mode :)
Capture 2015-07-06 13_14_42.png

so yeah, it became nighttime, but I'm sure Nageru couldn't wish for a better start:
part 1.6.PNG

(if only the chest had some climbing claws instead of a book that teach you how to whack vines safe, I mean, both will actually work to scale mountians, but climbing claws suits much more)

Back
Top Bottom