The Village Thunderi

The Paradox

Spazmatism
Hello there! This is from my second playthrough of game, and I have defeated the EoC, EoW, and Skeletron. I'm not very good at building, although I did improve from my last playthrough (*couch* boxes *cough* and spaceship *cough*, and I'd really like some tips. The building to the right is the inn, where NPCs stay before getting a house. They'be been waiting for a while though...

So yeah, do you have any tips for how to build nicer stuff?

Capture 2016-08-14 22_57_02.png

Edit: Okay, I made some small improvements to some of of the buildings, rearranged the NPCs and built another house and dungeon.

Last edited:
I don't have any tips as I'm not a builder, I just like looking at neat builds. :) The inn is really nice and you have a lot of fun touches going on. I like the variety of roof shapes you have, it's a really fun start to your play through.

I don't have any tips as I'm not a builder, I just like looking at neat builds. :) The inn is really nice and you have a lot of fun touches going on. I like the variety of roof shapes you have, it's a really fun start to your play through.

Thanks! I mostly just try following basic building tips, and it turns out pretty well. Oh, and the hole under the inn is where I mine clay xD

This is nice.
Decoration is well placed, not too much. I especially like the little detail you put, like the bride dress in the dryad house, this is the kind of thing that tell a story about a pnj ^^
The use of different shape for the building and gray brick walls for the chimney.
I would go a little more easy on the smoothering ( can I say that ? ) of the inn maybe.

Now if you want to had more building, try to stick to this style but perhaps diversify the materials used. Wood and brick is a good base though, maybe just change the combination ( like shadewood - mudbrick).
Also try to thing of purely aesthetics structure to had, like a museum or an armory. A suspended garden maybe or dig to create the entrance of a mine which will go deep underground. I'm just throwing ideas ^^

Anyway I'll be happy to see what you'll go for in the future !

This is nice.
Decoration is well placed, not too much. I especially like the little detail you put, like the bride dress in the dryad house, this is the kind of thing that tell a story about a pnj ^^
The use of different shape for the building and gray brick walls for the chimney.
I would go a little more easy on the smoothering ( can I say that ? ) of the inn maybe.

Now if you want to had more building, try to stick to this style but perhaps diversify the materials used. Wood and brick is a good base though, maybe just change the combination ( like shadewood - mudbrick).
Also try to thing of purely aesthetics structure to had, like a museum or an armory. A suspended garden maybe or dig to create the entrance of a mine which will go deep underground. I'm just throwing ideas ^^

Anyway I'll be happy to see what you'll go for in the future !

Ooh, thanks for the tips! Maybe I can connect a mine to my hellevator... And I wasn't sure about the roof of the inn, I'll make it... Not so smooth. I'll update the thread when I uptade the village :)

(Oh and also, the dryad and the angler live in the same house, I just kind of out it there and it kind of works. There's also a pair of Eskimo pants under the dress...)

Back
Top Bottom