tAPI Thorium Mod+

Should I keep throwing out little updates here in there or stock pile a bunch of new things for 1.3?

• Keep adding little things here and there!

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • You should let the new things build up!

Votes: 85 63.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
At first, I thought all the items are so OP that I advanced too fast, until I realized that I normally advance fast... This mod just adds variety! Also, this is the first mod I got for Terraria that actually requires Game Launcher (All the other times I tried installing Game Launcher failed)

This is an overall great mod! Can't wait to make it to hard mode!

Hold on, need to run to the Crimson, bye!

Favorite Weapon: Magik Staff
Favorite Armor: Flight Armor
Favorite Hammer: Spoon

Yeah the video review makes it look dumb to me... no custom sounds? The "pulse rifle" sounds dumb with arrow shooting sounds.
You don't have to get it bud. -_- If it looks dumb, superficial or ugly to you, then don't bother saying so until you've tried it and confirmed that it "sucks". Afterwards, I would love to her how you would improve it. I aim to please.

You don't have to get it bud. -_- If it looks dumb, superficial or ugly to you, then don't bother saying so until you've tried it and confirmed that it "sucks". Afterwards, I would love to her how you would improve it. I aim to please.

First of all try adding custom sounds so the pulse rifle actually sounds like a pulse rifle not a rapid arrow slinger.

First of all try adding custom sounds so the pulse rifle actually sounds like a pulse rifle not a rapid arrow slinger.

He asked how to improve it. I'm not going to go through the hassle of downloading it when I already know I'm not going to like it. Instead of getting all butthurt and whiny about someone not liking it for valid reasons, why not go the distance and add custom sounds to the weapons? Pretty sprite textures aren't enough for me, sorry.

He asked how to improve it. I'm not going to go through the hassle of downloading it when I already know I'm not going to like it. Instead of getting all butthurt and whiny about someone not liking it for valid reasons, why not go the distance and add custom sounds to the weapons? Pretty sprite textures aren't enough for me, sorry.

So the weapons have sound effects that match their purpose? the pulse rifle doesnt like a rapid fire bow?

Mr. Ne Obliviscaris isn't being unreasonable by any means. Please don't argue on the thread. If he doesn't want to play it, then its settled, lets move on.
But... But... I could have argued with him SO SO SOOOO much! `:cry:
In reality he hasn't tried it so he should at LEAST LOOK at it before saying anything.
So the weapons have sound effects that match their purpose? the pulse rifle doesnt like a rapid fire bow?
I personally think that if there isnt enough negative points you should just try it for yourself.
And I think there is a problem with adding sounds and music as a very helpful man told me when I wanted to make music for Thorium ( Still sad about that %:sigh:) but by all means go full throttle and be ignorant to what I just said if you would like.

I have several things to say.

This mod is awesome! I haven't had this much fun playing terraria in a long time. Thank you, developers, for every second you have spent spriting and making this mod. The level curves are smoother than many other mods. However, it's still not perfect. I played through the mod three times, once normally with magic + melee, the second a gunslinger and thirdly a summoner. Here are my two coppers.

1) Remove or nerf the Invis Cloak. Doesn't sound like much of an issue but 3 silk and half of a fallen star for 1 gold + ? I literally made 2 platinum by just farming a spider den for cobwebs and catching falling stars on the second to third night. Shouldn't really be that easy now, should it?

2) The zombie is way too important of an NPC to be given so early on the game. 1 gold = 1 Suspicious Looking Eye = 5 gold + Demonite/Crimtane Bars. Money farming shouldn't be this easy, I think. At least make it so that the price is comparable to the pay off, or have an item for the zombie to spawn after beating The Fallen Beholder. Speaking of the boss...

3) I saw no reason to summon and defeat The Fallen Beholder at all. The Armor is comparable to the Hallowed set and does not provide anything to the mage or summoner class. The weapons are fairly gimmicky since beating ONE mech boss gives you access to unfathomable strength weapons oh my god wtf is the Twin's Eyrie it just wrecks everything why does it exist? EoC fell in TWO shots of that thing. TWO. And a bow that doesnt require ammo? Count me in! A sword that turns into a spear? oh lame. yeah. skip that. < My mindset. Adding the zombie NPC after the beholder will make sure players defeat him in early hardmode when his armor and weapons are still relevant and then allow the money farm that is the zombie.

4) Buff Darksteel armor! I spent hours farming enough for a full set and all it gave me was Lightning Boots + Cobalt Shield effects. Buff the Blunderbuss since the Boomstick is better in all regards, or allow these to combine to form the ultimate pre-hardmode shotgun. The shotgun is also pretty wasted from the Arms Dealer. You should also make it that the Minotaur drops at least one of his rare items. He's a pain to spawn and your heart breaks every time he only drops a gold coin.

5) Add more pre hardmode wings. I loved using the wings. Add a hellstone one with 80% flight time or something. NEED MORE RED BULL!

6) I loved farming the seeds required to summon the Druid. Maybe something similar could be added to the weapons master or zombie. This mod allows many methods of easily farming money. The weapons master allows full abuse of the money too. Imbalances the game a little.

7) Buff the Mage armors. The White Knight armor is easily outclassed by anything not Jungle or Meteor. Mana usage reduction is wasted early hardmode since you're too focused on not dealing just 1 damage to the enemy. I see the synergy with the Twins Eyrie, but by the time you get to use the staff you have access to the Hallowed Set, which is a far better choice than The White Knight. The other mage armor sucks too, it forces you to carry another set of armor so that you do not die when standing still.

8) Nerf the Cobalt->Chlorophyte Staves. Make it so that they dont bounce or only bounce once. One Cobalt Staff = death to a whole room and intense amount of lag with the White Knight set.

9) Add real summons. I got into the game excited since it added two summoner armor and four summoning staves. To my dismay they added nothing pre hardmode (since summoners are gimmicks at this point in the game), and even the hardmode summoning staves sucked. The summons do too little damage to be used as a frequent weapon and their knockback just makes it annoying to play. My hungry minion forced skeletons into my face. :(

10) Add another lategame summoner armor. The Bloom set is so good but can hardly be used in events like the Frost Moon and Pumpkin Moon since the minions do barely enough damage. I love the extra minion accessories early game but found it difficult to fit into my lategame summoning lineup. Maybe add recipes to combine Minotaur Skulls and Hercules Beetles or Necromantic Scrolls. My lategame summoner looked exactly like any other lategame vanilla Terraria Summoner. Summoners need more love!

11) I do not know if this is intentional or not, but most of the projectiles summoned by the swords do not do melee damage and do not heal with the Crimson Heart buff. I'd look into this if I were you.

12) The Thorium Revolver is useless. The Arms Dealer didn't spawn when I made it and I couldn't get a single musket shot until I broke an orb, and it turns out both the Musket and The Undertaker are better weapons. Also, the thorium set could use a buff since I found myself skipping the entire set because I would have already beat BoC or EoW to get better armor. Reminds be of the Gold Armor set. Good, but too expensive and better armor can be gotten sooner.

13) The pets act weird, sometimes taking 1 damage from enemies but generally just messing with your screen. Make them stationary when the player is stationary. The thunder bird, chalice dust and the IFO have weird spasms.

14) The golden vanity set needs rework. My grinding was rewarded with an ugly armor set. I love how the Spartan set looks cool but is useless at that point. Maybe change the two. The early game armors are too good for me to even consider the Spartan or Coral sets.

15) Add more prefixes. This is a must. I miss other mods when I don't see new prefixes. The Health increasing prefixes also don't increase item value. Might want to look into that.

16) Make the Blacksmith sell Meteorite. It's frustrating to run out of the bar when crafting Terrarium and having to wait 2+ hours for a meteorite to spawn.

17) I also suggest adding more pre-hardmode love, like a moon event. I love this mod because Thorium, the name of the mod, is so easy to find early game and is so useful pre-hardmode, while still retaining its specialities later.

18) I cant seem to spawn the Howling Wind pre-hardmode. Is it supposed to be like that?

I see how my suggestions are based on balance rather than content. My reasoning is simple. Thorium+ is a mod that is far better than any other mod I have ever seen and it can easily seamlessly integrate itself into the game since it's so good. Why not make the integration even smoother? After, when I play vanilla terraria, make me miss Thorium. That is how you know you've made a perfect mod. And balance is key, right?

I think is all. If I remember something I'll post it. Sorry if it's too long. I played the game continuously for several weeks, it's imperative that I take some hours of your life away too :p

Buff the Blunderbuss since the Boomstick is better in all regards, or allow these to combine to form the ultimate pre-hardmode shotgun.
What? You realize that the Boomstick fires a pread of three bullets, when the Blunderbuss fires three times that much? Even with basic Musket Balls, the Blunderbuss deals twice the total damage of the Boomstick per shot, and has a higher rate of fire on top of that.

Sorry, just had to nitpick the one wrong criticism in an otherwise considerable set of concerns. :p
You should also make it that the Minotaur drops at least one of his rare items. He's a pain to spawn and your heart breaks every time he only drops a gold coin.
Well, if this is cause for concern, then you might as well ask him to fix the so-much-more painful Paladin grinding... and basically all of the other similar grinding 'issues' that the game has. :confused:

What? You realize that the Boomstick fires a pread of three bullets, when the Blunderbuss fires three times that much? Even with basic Musket Balls, the Blunderbuss deals twice the total damage of the Boomstick per shot, and has a higher rate of fire on top of that.

Sorry, just had to nitpick the one wrong criticism in an otherwise considerable set of concerns. :p

Well, if this is cause for concern, then you might as well ask him to fix Paladin grinding... and basically all of the other similar grinding 'issues'

Well, if this is cause for concern, then you might as well ask him to fix the so-much-more painful Paladin grinding... and basically all of the other similar grinding 'issues' that the game has. :confused:

Doesn't the blunderbuss fire a three spread shot similar to the boom stick? The boomstick can hit a single target with all three shots and do 60 damage. The blunderbuss struggles to kill Angry Bones at close range.

Also, paladin grinding is relatively easy compared to Minotaur grinds since you have teleporters and other shenanigans in hard mode to deal with him. As a summoner, killing a Minotaur was a major issue for me since he dropped one of the best accessories for summoners yet was immune to knock back and my minions had a hard time dealing with his charges. The dungeon is hard enough already when all you have are wasps for slow damage and slimes for no damage. If pre hard mode had better summons, even an upgraded slime staff, it wouldn't be an issue. It's just that even at your best gear you hardly survive the dungeon, and when finally a Minotaur spawns you can't kill it faster than everything else can kill you. Dealing with minotaurs with magic and other stuff was easy. Playing as a summoner got me. And you have to defeat tons of minotaurs as a summoner if you want to survive yet there is no easy way for it.

You're the kind of people I count on when I'm making this mod. As the creator, its often hard to catch every little thing I mess up on such as money exploits, incorrect damage and useless items. So when someone such as yourself gives me a large list of things that need some work, with valid reasoning, it makes my job much easier. I'll try to explain and tell you what I've done for some of the problems.

1.Yep, it seems I put the wrong value for the invis cloak, it definitely shouldn't be 1 gold, so I've set it back to the proper 5 silver.

2. I've increased the price of the boss summoning items to better equal the amount of gold you would get total from one of the fights. I've also made an item drop from the Beholder that will alert the Zombie to move in. (good idea)

3. While its true the Mech weapons are broken beyond belief, that was almost my intention. But I've since then retracted on that idea and properly nerfed them. Twin's Ire only hits the same target 4 times now and the Destroyers Rage has a much longer use time.

4. Darksteel in the next update will be much easier to craft as I've changed the recipe around. the old componets, minus the darksteel cores, will now make a Darksteel Ingot. Ingots mixed with the cores will make the items, so you'll need less darksteel cores over all. Life Leech and Soul Siphon also no longer require Darksteel Cores, Just the ingots.

5. I might...

6. I'll have to check on the money exploit with the Weapon Master

7. Its true that early hardmode is about being able to do any damage at all. Which is something I hadnt thought about when making the armor. I've changed its effects around with that in mind. The total decreased damage has been decreased to only 10%. With that, the Set now gives 20% increased damage( meaning +10% magic damage in the end), 50% decreased mana usage and a buff that will occasionally summon mana stealing orbs. These orbs seek out enemies and when they hit them, they'll return 15 mana.

8. All of the hardmode staffs are getting a rework, so dont worry about that.

9. As of now, with r15, Minions don't work. But I have found a major problem with my summoning staffs which had been the reasoning for their rapid attack patterns, crazy movements and all around confusing knockback. As of now, they function properly and aren't cocaine fueled monsters.

10. I might need to buff Life Bloom armor a little, but with that buff, I might need to make it slightly harder to get. I'll think on it. I might also add combined summoner accessories, that doesn't sound like a bad idea at all.

11. Turns out a lot of my projectiles were doing magic damage...:sigh:How silly of me, its been fixed though.

12. I've buffed the thorium revolver on the off chance someone might pick it up. Way faster use time, more damage.

13. I wouldn't know how to fix that at the moment, I'll look into it.

14. That brings up an interesting point that I might need to explain. When I started making the Thorium mod, my goal in mind was to have more options for every path a player might take as well as offer some fun stuff for multiple players at once. A lot of times in multiplayer, at the start, your group might work towards getting one of your friends copper armor over time. So now that player has better armor than you, now what? Well with the Thorium mod, those other poor saps can have Sandstone, Frost or even silk armor. That way no one ever feels unspecial amongst a group with everyone having the exact same armor. This goes for hardmode too, someone can have mythril, while another friend has Dragon or Flesh or White Knight. Then you can have a friend with LodeStone, Valadium or Hallow. Its all about giving the players more options.

15. I'm a little nervous about adding different prefixes. I would end up making an ungodly powerful prefix my accident.

16. I can definitely add meteorite to his shop.

17. Might be a little hard, but I'll try.

18. No, hes pre hardmode... Maybe you're unlucky? Checking his Spawn conditions, he should be appearing.

All in all, I would say your post has helped me significantly. I'll throw you some credit for your balance contributions.

I am pretty sure @berberborscing and/or @Neojin have figured out the minion damage fix. Also, thank you very @Terararararrrian , like DivermanSam said, it is people like you who help the mod improve and your work is appreciated. To fix one of your concerns, Tremor and Berber's mod both add quite a few prefixes. Berber's adds something like 30. I also noticed the money farming tricks and Invis. Once again thank you.

You are, CANADIAN APPROVED
canflagsolo24 1.png

You're the kind of people I count on when I'm making this mod. As the creator, its often hard to catch every little thing I mess up on such as money exploits, incorrect damage and useless items. So when someone such as yourself gives me a large list of things that need some work, with valid reasoning, it makes my job much easier. I'll try to explain and tell you what I've done for some of the problems.

1.Yep, it seems I put the wrong value for the invis cloak, it definitely shouldn't be 1 gold, so I've set it back to the proper 5 silver.

2. I've increased the price of the boss summoning items to better equal the amount of gold you would get total from one of the fights. I've also made an item drop from the Beholder that will alert the Zombie to move in. (good idea)

3. While its true the Mech weapons are broken beyond belief, that was almost my intention. But I've since then retracted on that idea and properly nerfed them. Twin's Ire only hits the same target 4 times now and the Destroyers Rage has a much longer use time.

4. Darksteel in the next update will be much easier to craft as I've changed the recipe around. the old componets, minus the darksteel cores, will now make a Darksteel Ingot. Ingots mixed with the cores will make the items, so you'll need less darksteel cores over all. Life Leech and Soul Siphon also no longer require Darksteel Cores, Just the ingots.

5. I might...

6. I'll have to check on the money exploit with the Weapon Master

7. Its true that early hardmode is about being able to do any damage at all. Which is something I hadnt thought about when making the armor. I've changed its effects around with that in mind. The total decreased damage has been decreased to only 10%. With that, the Set now gives 20% increased damage( meaning +10% magic damage in the end), 50% decreased mana usage and a buff that will occasionally summon mana stealing orbs. These orbs seek out enemies and when they hit them, they'll return 15 mana.

8. All of the hardmode staffs are getting a rework, so dont worry about that.

9. As of now, with r15, Minions don't work. But I have found a major problem with my summoning staffs which had been the reasoning for their rapid attack patterns, crazy movements and all around confusing knockback. As of now, they function properly and aren't cocaine fueled monsters.

10. I might need to buff Life Bloom armor a little, but with that buff, I might need to make it slightly harder to get. I'll think on it. I might also add combined summoner accessories, that doesn't sound like a bad idea at all.

11. Turns out a lot of my projectiles were doing magic damage...:sigh:How silly of me, its been fixed though.

12. I've buffed the thorium revolver on the off chance someone might pick it up. Way faster use time, more damage.

13. I wouldn't know how to fix that at the moment, I'll look into it.

14. That brings up an interesting point that I might need to explain. When I started making the Thorium mod, my goal in mind was to have more options for every path a player might take as well as offer some fun stuff for multiple players at once. A lot of times in multiplayer, at the start, your group might work towards getting one of your friends copper armor over time. So now that player has better armor than you, now what? Well with the Thorium mod, those other poor saps can have Sandstone, Frost or even silk armor. That way no one ever feels unspecial amongst a group with everyone having the exact same armor. This goes for hardmode too, someone can have mythril, while another friend has Dragon or Flesh or White Knight. Then you can have a friend with LodeStone, Valadium or Hallow. Its all about giving the players more options.

15. I'm a little nervous about adding different prefixes. I would end up making an ungodly powerful prefix my accident.

16. I can definitely add meteorite to his shop.

17. Might be a little hard, but I'll try.

18. No, hes pre hardmode... Maybe you're unlucky? Checking his Spawn conditions, he should be appearing.

All in all, I would say your post has helped me significantly. I'll throw you some credit for your balance contributions.
I Saw It When All The Projectiles Did Magic Damage While I Was Looking Through The Code :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom