tAPI Thorium Mod+

Should I keep throwing out little updates here in there or stock pile a bunch of new things for 1.3?

• Keep adding little things here and there!

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • You should let the new things build up!

Votes: 85 63.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am pretty sure @berberborscing and/or @Neojin have figured out the minion damage fix. Also, thank you very @Terararararrrian , like DivermanSam said, it is people like you who help the mod improve and your work is appreciated. To fix one of your concerns, Tremor and Berber's mod both add quite a few prefixes. Berber's adds something like 30. I also noticed the money farming tricks and Invis. Once again thank you.

I tried Berber's mod with Thorium+ but the health prefixes get in the way. Also, berber's mod is one of the most broken mods I've seen. Hooking a slime statue and selling the spawners racks up more money than I've ever earned in a single Terraria playthrough.

Also, some things I forgot to include.

The True Blood Thirster needs autoswing. Unfair that the Terra Blade gets it. Or maybe add lifesteal. I spent my muramasa on the Blood Thirster since it had autoswing early game. Was disappointed to find it weaker than the True Night's Edge late game. Could it be a component to a Terra Blade counterpart? Maybe with The Horseman's Blade...

How about adding some new fish to make the new potions? Some new rods? Everyone loves variety :D

Could the Thor's Hammer be buffed to have autoswing? That would make it relevant. Other weapons outclass it in melee, it's expensive to make and the buff does little to help.

Earthern Bats don't seem to move unless damaged, or have a larger hitbox. My AFK underworld farm was infested with stuck bats who refused to move. Adding dart traps was an option, but they're bats. Bats shouldn't be stuck on 4 tile high areas.

Could the Detached UFO Blaster be tweaked a bit? Right now its just a Space Gun with a mana cost and no piercing. Why don't you make it fire UFO blasts like the actual UFO in game?

One last thing. The OP misspells version as verison. Other in game misspells are ChainSaw, LodeStone, CrossBows, and some PickAxes. The Capitalization makes it a bit weird. Your choice whether to fix them or not. It doesn't bother me at all but I know someone people who would be.

Once again, thank you for this awesome mod :)

and heres something I noticed: AT THE START OF YOUR WORLD..you can go straight down..get to hell with nothing but the starting items..mine/bomb a hellforge..use all that stone you dug out to make lots of magma cores..and instantly be more powerful than shadow/crimson tier weapons/armor without moving left or right once :eek:....I highly recommend you change the recipe to about 5-8 stone blocks and 1 hellstone ore to stop people from being able to get to hardmode in under 20 minutes :p

and heres something I noticed: AT THE START OF YOUR WORLD..you can go straight down..get to hell with nothing but the starting items..mine/bomb a hellforge..use all that stone you dug out to make lots of magma cores..and instantly be more powerful than shadow/crimson tier weapons/armor without moving left or right once :eek:....I highly recommend you change the recipe to about 5-8 stone blocks and 1 hellstone ore to stop people from being able to get to hardmode in under 20 minutes :p
I Did That :p

@DivermanSam
upload_2015-6-16_12-33-35.png

Look At How Windows Installation Is Spelled :p

Or you could just make the magma ore require at least a deathbringer pick axe to mine.

Speaking of insane early game skipping stones, you can basically get the first summoner armor set without even entering the underground jungle. Biomasses drop spores. Ents drop petals. Craft bucket, get lava, make a pyramid in the jungle, git gud.

Or you could just make the magma ore require at least a deathbringer pick axe to mine.

Speaking of insane early game skipping stones, you can basically get the first summoner armor set without even entering the underground jungle. Biomasses drop spores. Ents drop petals. Craft bucket, get lava, make a pyramid in the jungle, git gud.
well the magma ore is crafted from 30 stone blocks at a hellforge...30 for 10..and 4 ore for 1 magma core..and 8 magma core for an 80% power pickaxe..so 240 stone for the second best pre-hardmode pickaxe....also its not like the underground jungle is so much harder than the surface one..

well the magma ore is crafted from 30 stone blocks at a hellforge...30 for 10..and 4 ore for 1 magma core..and 8 magma core for an 80% power pickaxe..so 240 stone for the second best pre-hardmode pickaxe....also its not like the underground jungle is so much harder than the surface one..
What are you kiddos talking about? You cant craft Magma ore anymore, its at the verge of the underworld.

I am pretty sure @berberborscing and/or @Neojin have figured out the minion damage fix.
Yes, the problem is all Minions are considered Pets, and no Pets are allowed to cause damage. The NPC Damage function returns right away if projPet is true. So the trick is to set each of your Minions projPet attribute to false in the onLoad function. Like Main.projPet[ProjDef.byName["InternalName:MinionName"].type] = false;

What are you kiddos talking about? You cant craft Magma ore anymore, its at the verge of the underworld.

Turns out even with the updated Magma ore, you can straight away make a hellevator at the start of the game and mine smooth coal and magma ores using a copper pickaxe (and make a suicide run to the underworld for a hellforge), therefore skipping the entire first part of the game.

So I suggest making the magma ore require at least a nightmare pickaxe tier pick to mine.

....also its not like the underground jungle is so much harder than the surface one..

Um what? Man eaters and hornets still get to you even if you have molten set and 5 warding accessories. No light sources save spores. Drops that can kill you even with a Frog Leg equipped. You need a grappling hook to even have a chance of surviving in the underground jungle. The surface jungle is far easier both in vanilla terraria and thorium+.

Question, what DOES happen when you equip more than 1 shield in the mod? I can make a bunch of shields but im scared to equip incase something happens..

Question, what DOES happen when you equip more than 1 shield in the mod? I can make a bunch of shields but im scared to equip incase something happens..
Currently, nothing actually happens. But I'm working on limiting the amount of shields you can equip without needing the 'Warning'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom