Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Buff them

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • I dislike them

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters

Master Geass

Terrarian
The Flamarang is the strongest pre-hardmode boomerang. Still after a while it will be left behind as you get stronger weapons after entering hardmode. I was thinking you could use it as a crafting ingredient for one of two hardmode boomerangs.

• Cursed Flamarang
    index.php
    (Sprite by Méta')
Ingrediends: Flamarang, 30 Cursed Flame, 10 Souls of Night at Mythril/Orichalcum Anvil
Damage: 44
Knockback: 9
Use time: 14
Looks like a green Flamarand. Will inflict the cursed inferno debuff on targets.

• Golden Moon
    index.php
    or
    index.php
    (Sprite by Méta')
Ingrediends: Flamarang, 30 Ichor, 10 Souls of Night at Mythril/Orichalcum Anvil
Damage: 38
Knockback: 8
Use time: 16
Looks like a gold crescent moon with a red diamond in the middle. Will inflict the ichor debuff on targets.

What do you think? The stats can be adjusted.

Last edited:
This is simple yet great idea. They make great early hardmode boomrang in the same spirit of the harmode biome spells...
You should make a hallow boomrang that fires bouncing crystal shards...

Support.. ;)

(i may attempt to make some sprites)

Still after a while it will be left behind as you get stronger weapons after entering hardmode.
That's just how game progression works. -_- Deal with it.

Anyways, my primary problem with this is that the Flamarang is already powerful enough. Light Discs, which are the next boomerang in progression, have the same use time as the Flamarang and deal 35 base damage. What you have in the main post outclasses a harder-to-get boomerang that is only available later in progression, which poses a balance problem.

That's just how game progression works. -_- Deal with it.

Anyways, my primary problem with this is that the Flamarang is already powerful enough. Light Discs, which are the next boomerang in progression, have the same use time as the Flamarang and deal 35 base damage. What you have in the main post outclasses a harder-to-get boomerang that is only available later in progression, which poses a balance problem.
This,

anyways, i like boomerangs and all, but i would rather have more than just an upgrade to an existing one

This is simple yet great idea. They make great early hardmode boomrang in the same spirit of the harmode biome spells...
You should make a hallow boomrang that fires bouncing crystal shards...

Support.. ;)

(i may attempt to make some sprites)
I will see about coming up with one when I can.

If you would like to make some sprites then go for it.

What I always loved about the Light Discs is that they stack up to 5 so you can throw a number of them without waiting for them to return.

What I always loved about the Light Discs is that they stack up to 5 so you can throw a number of them without waiting for them to return.
That just changes the Light Disc's effective range. That doesn't change the fact that those are very OP for their tier.

My only problem with this is that we have bananarangs from the moment you enter hardmode; they drop from clowns in blood moons. This is a great concept though. We do indeed need more boomerangs.

My only problem with this is that we have bananarangs from the moment you enter hardmode; they drop from clowns in blood moons. This is a great concept though. We do indeed need more boomerangs.
That is true, however the banarangs are more of a novelty item to obtain as they quite rare. The upgrade would allow a more reliable altErnative at the cost of a lower DPS, but with a debuff effect.

Thats true maybe you could add a frostburn and venom version. But still this is really cool. I would certainly like this to be added!

Back
Top Bottom