Game Mechanics Way to prevent growth of certain plants

Gdi_Thunder

Terrarian
I am suggesting that there should be a way to prevent the growth of dye plants. My implementation of this would be a statue or placeable item that prevent the growth of dye plants (i.e blueberry and those yellow flowers) but in a very limited range 20 blocks each direction. If this was brought further you could also have one that prevents grass from growing to allow mushrooms and herbs to grow in forest.

an idea is not bad, i'd make it maybe a deerclops drop? Considering the fact that most of his drops are just bad it's in desparate need of something better. (Am I the only one who has problem with chester jumping in one place and being hard to open)

Just out of curiosity, why do you want to prevent dye plants from growing?
there are two reasons one I don’t like when they pop up in my tree farms as they prevent growth.

The fact that they don’t auto break and have to have a pickaxe to break can be frustrating. I could just switch to it and mine it.

Along with the tree farm I like to have mushrooms grow and in herb areas some times I use pumpkins there as well. I typically use a staff of regrowth there and that can’t remove those plants.

The real answer should be just to hover over and use the quick tool feature but having an item that can help with that would be nice or even having them breakable by axe or staff / axe of regrowth Would be nice qol

What if there was an item, obtained maybe through the world evil, that, when placed, makes it so that no nature within a certain circular radius (say, like 20 or 50 blocks) will be able to grow. For instance, if you placed an acorn near it, it wouldn't be able to grow into a tree. And if you placed it on bare dirt that touches grass, the grass wouldn't be able to spread. I think this could be a good idea for builders.
Hey that’s my idea thanks for reposting this with the biome and nature tag.

there are two reasons one I don’t like when they pop up in my tree farms as they prevent growth.

The fact that they don’t auto break and have to have a pickaxe to break can be frustrating. I could just switch to it and mine it.

Along with the tree farm I like to have mushrooms grow and in herb areas some times I use pumpkins there as well. I typically use a staff of regrowth there and that can’t remove those plants.

The real answer should be just to hover over and use the quick tool feature but having an item that can help with that would be nice or even having them breakable by axe or staff / axe of regrowth Would be nice qol
Can you not just actuate the blocks to break them? Then you could clear out the whole farm instantly.

What if there was an item, obtained maybe through the world evil, that, when placed, makes it so that no nature within a certain circular radius (say, like 20 or 50 blocks) will be able to grow. For instance, if you placed an acorn near it, it wouldn't be able to grow into a tree. And if you placed it on bare dirt that touches grass, the grass wouldn't be able to spread. I think this could be a good idea for builders.
Oh my god I'm so sorry I checked biome and nature for something like this and didn't see your post
@a really far away planet I have moved the thread that you created into this already existing thread. It’s very clear that you read Gdi_Thunder‘s thread, even reacted to it with a “like”, then created your own thread with the same idea. If you liked the idea and had additional thoughts about it, support the original thread and post your extra ideas in it.

For others stopping by - it is okay for there to be two (or more) suggestion threads that have the same or similar ideas. It happens a lot of times that people think up the same idea independent from each other. This was not the case, and therefore the original thread should stand with no copycat.

@a really far away planet I have moved the thread that you created into this already existing thread. It’s very clear that you read Gdi_Thunder‘s thread, even reacted to it with a “like”, then created your own thread with the same idea. If you liked the idea and had additional thoughts about it, support the original thread and post your extra ideas in it.

For others stopping by - it is okay for there to be two (or more) suggestion threads that have the same or similar ideas. It happens a lot of times that people think up the same idea independent from each other. This was not the case, and therefore the original thread should stand with no copycat

For others stopping by - it is okay for there to be two (or more) suggestion threads that have the same or similar ideas. It happens a lot of times that people think up the same idea independent from each other. This was not the case, and therefore the original thread should stand with no copycat.
I saw that your post about filter is there a place that describes what filter should be used? As for what I suggested I was debating if game mechanic was right or if others would be better. If you already have a thread that has that information can you link it?

I completely forgot about that post and the idea must have remained in my brain or something because I then posted it here. I am so sorry, I will delete this post.

That’s interesting I have not messed around to much with that. If actuated do they still grow?
I believe not. I could be wrong in my memory of how this works, but I think that actuating the block below a dye plant will break the dye plant. Also useful to note is that blocks below trees cannot be actuated, so placing actuators on all of the blocks in your tree farm and linking them to a single switch will allow you to remove dye plants, and only dye plants, from your farm.

Not that anyone asked, but my suggestion of Salt to kill plants would likely come in pouch form and be throw like cleansing power. The salt pouches could be dropped from Hoplites, since ancient soldiers were paid in salt, or be a rare quest reward from the angler.
Would it just kill plants or would it prevent plants for growing? if its like powder then how do you tell its been used on a spot? or is it limited to once a week salt will cause it to not grow in that area?

Back
Top Bottom