Items Weapon Idea - Clone Staff

Hourglass Dolphin

Skeletron Prime
Clone Staff-

The Clone Staff summons a mini clone of your character with the armor, equipment, and dyes that appear on your character. The armor and equipment do not affect the minion in any way. There are 4 versions of the staff, Solar, Vortex, Nebula, and Stardust. They can be crafted with 12 Luminite Bars, 20 Stardust Fragments and a magic mirror(or ice mirror). Each staff will add 10 of it's respective fragment to it's recipe (Stardust Clone Staff would use 30 stardust fragments). When you summon your clone, the staff that you use will determine which types of attacks it uses.

Solar%20Clone%20Staff%202x_zpsmtndbhwo.png

http://i.imgur.com/2nxFWHF.png (because of the dark backgrounds)

If it is a Solar Clone, it will chase down your enemy with small, solar-related melee weapons, like the Daybreak or Solar Eruption. When using the mini-daybreak, they have to be far away from the enemy and throw them like spears at the enemy. This would do the least damage of its attacks. When they are close to the enemy, but not right on top of it, the clone will use the mini-solar eruption. When the clone is right on top of the enemy, it will use a small orange fiery sword to resemble a solar weapon, even though there isn't a solar sword in the game. This would do the most damage to an enemy. They can also go out of their way to protect you by only targeting the enemy closest to you. They are fast runners, and can fly with solar wings for a limited time, so they do most of their attacking on the ground.

Vortex%20Clone%20Staff%202x_zpslsb3ik18.png

http://i.imgur.com/qMmw5ga.png

The Vortex Clones would shoot your enemies with vortex bows and guns. They move slowly on the ground but quick in the air. They don't fly fast when moving vertically, but they can use mini vortex boosters to catch up with the player horizontally and quickly. Unlike the solar clone's flight, they can move horizontally infinitely, but vertically for a limited time. They will shoot enemies from a safe distance, never trying to get on the enemy but instead shooting it with bullets and arrows from a distance. It'd use the phantasm to hit enemies from a close range. When it's far from the enemy, it will use a vortex beater that does less damage than the arrows.

Stardust%20Clone%20Staff%202x_zpsbxe1iyfy.png

http://i.imgur.com/hav8v8V.png

The Stardust Clone will summon mini Stardust enemies to fight for you, such as the Star Cell or the Milkyway Weaver. Each minion will target its own enemy instead of all ganging on one enemy, unless there are more stardust clones than enemies on the screen. Stardust clones would only be able to summon 2 mini minions at a time. Those mini-minions will only last around 5 seconds, then disappear. When that happens, the stardust clone will transform into a mini milkyway weaver and weave through the enemy, like the stardust dragon, for around 10 seconds, then transform back. Then they will summon the mini-minions again. The mini-minions that the clone summons does more damage than the transformation.

Nebula%20Clone%20Staff%202x_zpsptv6n6h7.png

http://i.imgur.com/23iTLyr.png

Finally, the Nebula Clone would be able to use several different magic attacks. One attack is where the clone summons a homing orb that resembles Nebula Blaze. This is when the clone is in a medium-range from the enemy. Another attack is causing stars to fall over the player, dealing damage to any enemy that will go after you, acting as a shield. This is when the clone is far from the player. The greater the amount of clones, the more stars fall to protect you. A third attack could be used when the clone is up-close to the enemy. It'd create a line of purple particles that damage the enemy, similar to Spazmatism's second form fire-breathing attack. The nebula clone will purposefully change its distance from the enemy to make sure that all attacks are used, and are cycled through. If there are multiple clones summoned at once, the attacks will sync up.

So as I said before, the clone will look exactly like your character. This means that even if you are wearing your Nebula armor and high-tech Vortex jetpack, if you summon a Solar clone it will still act as one. The equipment only affects the appearance. Each clone would be as balanced as possible, to make them all as equal as possible. It's hard to say what the base damage of each staff will be without having tested them out, but I'd say they probably all fit within 30-45.

The sprites were created by myself. They represent a mirror on a staff with fragments revolving around the staff.

If you support this idea, let me know by leaving a like and support comment! It'd also help a lot if you use this banner!
Code: http://i.imgur.com/lkBLRW3.png

Last edited:
Nice if there were ones for Pre-Hardmode, Hardmode and Post-Plantera
Well then there'd be at least 7 different variations of the staff in the game. That's too much, considering there aren't any staffs with different variations already in the game.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom