Weapons & Equip Weaponized Grappling Hooks

This concept is actually really nice and if I say so myself, very original. Sounds like a nice idea and as always...

I'm loving that gorgeous format.

Quick Update: Removed the Soul Sapper and Meat Hook for the time being. I'm plotting something that will help balance the Corruption and Crimson, and I'm not sure how they'll fit into the grand scheme of things at the moment.

I Got an Idea for a Weaponized Grappling Hook!
A-Kunai-with-a-chain
DBFM639_INSHEATH.jpg
Technically speaking, doesn't the Chain Knife about fit that description?

Regardless, weaponized hooks would be pretty neat- I've had ideas for this, but sadly none that would be feasible in-game.

if this is also adding new hooks... how about a pirate hook....dropped by pirates (duh)

it would look like a hook hand at the end of a chain.

maybe it could basically be a slightly shorter weaponized dual hook.
(well it would have to be weaponized given the title of the thread :p)

edit: I thought of a more clever idea, it wouldn't deal a lot of damage compared to other hooks at that point in the game, but it could steal drops from enemies, given the pirate theme.

Pirate Hook is definitely going to be added, if I ever stop procrastinating and update this thread.
edit: I thought of a more clever idea, it wouldn't deal a lot of damage compared to other hooks at that point in the game, but it could steal drops from enemies, given the pirate theme.
Hmm... I like the idea of that, but maybe not for drops in general. What about having it work like attacks with the Lucky Coin instead?

Hm. I'm not really sold on the idea just for a couple of facts:
> Most people don't really try to get specific hooks, just the best and they skip over a lot of them.
> I really don't wanna grapple myself to an enemy and get stuck because I panic as soon as I start dying.
> Normally, you're trying to keep a distance from your enemy. Not get in their face.

Hm. I'm not really sold on the idea just for a couple of facts:
> Most people don't really try to get specific hooks, just the best and they skip over a lot of them.
> I really don't wanna grapple myself to an enemy and get stuck because I panic as soon as I start dying.
> Normally, you're trying to keep a distance from your enemy. Not get in their face.
but it only gives the function to new grappling hooks, and the ones that are generally skipped, just like you mentioned.

if you noticed, the ivy whip doesn't grapple to enemies, it simply damages them as you as the hook passes through it.

but it only gives the function to new grappling hooks, and the ones that are generally skipped, just like you mentioned.

if you noticed, the ivy whip doesn't grapple to enemies, it simply damages them as you as the hook passes through it.

So... What you're saying is that even though it doesn't hook onto an enemy, it just goes through and hooks into the wall/floor/ceiling and propels you towards it... Yeah, that totally sounds better. xD

this idea can very well bring back a lot of use for traditional melee weapons, ones that specialize in raw damage over flashy projectiles.

This is cool.
the-tongue-png.137548

The Tongue
14 Damage.
30-tile reach.
14 Velocity.
* Single hook only.
* Weaponized. Can be used to latch onto and damage enemies.
Dropped by:
* Wall of Flesh - 1/12 (8.3%)
Oh my gosh, please make it come out of the player's mouth! (Based on @Baconfry's joke suggestion.)

Fishron Fang
(Concept by CrazyDragon)
30 Damage.
35-tile reach.
16 Velocity.
* Single hook only.
* Fang deals damage on contact.
Dropped by:
Duke Fishron - 1/20 (5%)
I think that there are already too many unique Duke Fishron drops, though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom