When it becomes moraly ok to cheat in rod of discord?

I ve been grinding , using the volkano set up and already killed 650+ elementals.
I spend around a week of real life's evenings on this , and the game is literqly running on my pc right now.
It is super borring and super anoying.
But i really want to get this darn thing legaly in a playthrou at least ones.

Will it be ok to asume that at this point it should've already droped , and cheat one in?
Or dhould i keep grinding?
Is there a threashhold , when it becomes ok?
If i would proove mathimaticaly , that the chance to not get it at this point is lower that a chance to get it , can i just take it?
What your opinions are?
P.s. does anyone know how to prevent rune wizards spawning?

It's up to you, but it looks like elementals don't like to spawn if the player is still, so you might want to use a small minecart track to bump back and forth with. The wiki also says the shadow candle allows them to spawn with you not moving at all too. Maybe leave the game open over night or while at school/work?

It's up to you, but it looks like elementals don't like to spawn if the player is still, so you might want to use a small minecart track to bump back and forth with. The wiki also says the shadow candle allows them to spawn with you not moving at all too. Maybe leave the game open over night or while in school or at work , lad
:sigh:

Attachments

• 20240420_202126.jpg
    20240420_202126.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 40
Just don't use it then. Maybe you can focus on maximizing luck and spawn rates and improving your farm?
Either way, you don't need the rod of Discord. I for example, never used it.
Me too. But the whole point was to try it out.
I was thinking about celebration mk10 , but i have no hardmode ones.
+ i found only one ladybug so far.
And with 40 gold coins in shimer , and a black pearl potion , i tryed.
Didnt work.

For now i guess i ll use hero mod.
Then maybe improove disign some more???
Eh.
I dont know. 700+ elementals , it is just unlucky. ;(

The drop rate for the RoD is 0.25 (1/400) so its an infuriatingly low rate.

You asked for how to avoid rune wizards and the best thing to do is just not go too low as they only spawn when you are past a certain depth. There is math that you can do to find out that depth but honestly its easier just to not go too close to the underworld. The math being the (depth of absolute bottom of your world) divided by (2). Pretty simple but not necessary.

For an efficient way of obtaining the RoD, Khaios has a wonderful yt video called The ULTIMATE Rod of Discord Farm Tutorial | Fully AFK in HARDCORE | Terraria on how to build an entirely AFK farm for this and its very effective as well as still working as of the current update. Its definitely worth the effort. It might take an attempt or two to get it right the first time but once you understand how it works its actually quite simple. I have lots of fun making these style of farms.

I ve been grinding , using the volkano set up and already killed 650+ elementals.
I spend around a week of real life's evenings on this , and the game is literqly running on my pc right now.
It is super borring and super anoying.
But i really want to get this darn thing legaly in a playthrou at least ones.

Will it be ok to asume that at this point it should've already droped , and cheat one in?
Or dhould i keep grinding?
Is there a threashhold , when it becomes ok?
If i would proove mathimaticaly , that the chance to not get it at this point is lower that a chance to get it , can i just take it?
What your opinions are?
P.s. does anyone know how to prevent rune wizards spawning?
Keep grindin but my first time i got the rod which is the only time ive gotten it is a hour after grinding so i guess im lucky

Last edited:
You asked for how to avoid rune wizards and the best thing to do is just not go too low as they only spawn when you are past a certain depth. There is math that you can do to find out that depth but honestly its easier just to not go too close to the underworld. The math being the (depth of absolute bottom of your world) divided by (2). Pretty simple but not necessary.
Thanks!i have already built an okey-ish farm so moving it might prove... painfull.(especialy enlarging it if needed , i am post mech and i chose to make it chlorophyte brick.)
but i guess it has to be done at least a litle bit , because wizards are only thing keeping it from being totaly afk.
i thought of a bed , but they would probably not despawn + minecart shields me from enchented swords.
And i think monsters dont target your bloode while it gets some fresh air.
I already cheated in, a rod , but using it feels dirtier then using one from afk farm.
(And i am not going back to by hand grind , these droprates are just sad.)
For now , i guess i ll focus on my first dungeon expending proces.
I am taking this world slowly , and so i want new rooms to look pretty.
(Playing mod of redemption beta , and i already played throu the whole thing before the recent overhaul , so it is really familiar , + i already seen a lot of new stuff even in this world. Mod creator didn't hoik proof the structures and didnt wireproofe them too. You can just cheese post moonlord bosses in early hardmod , and one post mech boss in pre-hardmode , isnt it beutyfull? Ok i am offtrack now , thanks again for your help. Thanks for all your help guys!(gender neutral guys just in case :D)

Thanks!i have already built an okey-ish farm so moving it might prove... painfull.(especialy enlarging it if needed , i am post mech and i chose to make it chlorophyte brick.)
but i guess it has to be done at least a litle bit , because wizards are only thing keeping it from being totaly afk.
i thought of a bed , but they would probably not despawn + minecart shields me from enchented swords.
And i think monsters dont target your bloode while it gets some fresh air.
I already cheated in, a rod , but using it feels dirtier then using one from afk farm.
(And i am not going back to by hand grind , these droprates are just sad.)
For now , i guess i ll focus on my first dungeon expending proces.
I am taking this world slowly , and so i want new rooms to look pretty.
(Playing mod of redemption beta , and i already played throu the whole thing before the recent overhaul , so it is really familiar , + i already seen a lot of new stuff even in this world. Mod creator didn't hoik proof the structures and didnt wireproofe them too. You can just cheese post moonlord bosses in early hardmod , and one post mech boss in pre-hardmode , isnt it beutyfull? Ok i am offtrack now , thanks again for your help. Thanks for all your help guys!(gender neutral guys just in case :D)
I guess your a little unlucky there is always transmutation i would personally never do it as it is kinda cheating but it is a option

I guess your a little unlucky there is always transmutation i would personally never do it as it is kinda cheating but it is a option
Nah i ll transmute only when i would choose to do the whole playthrou with that , or to troll me friends or frienemies a litle.
But i ll be honest i already cheated one in , but i really concider trashing it , because you know. It feels cheap and dirty.

Nah i ll transmute only when i would choose to do the whole playthrou with that , or to troll me friends or frienemies a litle.
But i ll be honest i already cheated one in , but i really concider trashing it , because you know. It feels cheap and dirty.
When i played on ipad (back in the day) i would struggle to make my way in the harsh terreria world but kept on trying and something happend my friend led me on a dark path DARK GAMING (server that gives you every item in terreria) for 4 years all i did was dark gaming until i got a laptop to play on and i thought to myself why dont i enjoy terreria like i used to and then i relised IT WAS THE GRIND that is what is so good about terreria you have to put so much hard effort into getting the items you feel very acomplished but when you get it with out the work it isent the same so try your best to get the rod and you will feel very acomplished

When i played on ipad (back in the day) i would struggle to make my way in the harsh terreria world but kept on trying and something happend my friend led me on a dark path DARK GAMING (server that gives you every item in terreria) for 4 years all i did was dark gaming until i got a laptop to play on and i thought to myself why dont i enjoy terreria like i used to and then i relised IT WAS THE GRIND that is what is so good about terreria you have to put so much hard effort into getting the items you feel very acomplished but when you get it with out the work it isent the same so try your best to get the rod and you will feel very acomplished
I know this feeling.
Back in a days of 1.2 mobile , i used to do basic duping , via copying worlds. It backfired when i acedentely deleted my main world because i named them all very similarly.
Then in 1.3 i used slime mount cheese to kill everything but moonlord. Him i killed with nurse box cheese.
But without cheats or extreame cheases... it feels way better.
+ i got greedy while dupping i even made backup biom keys as well as backup keymolds , to preserve em in my collection.
I had like 100-300 platinum and always was scared of it running out.

Fair way is way more fun.
Exept for mod of redemption. In it you must cheese , because cheasing lab bosses is the easyest thing ever , and that itself is really funny.
Like post moonlord boss not acounting for portal gun or rod or teleporters. And whole dungeon mod adds being actuatable. Fun stuff.

I know this feeling.
Back in a days of 1.2 mobile , i used to do basic duping , via copying worlds. It backfired when i acedentely deleted my main world because i named them all very similarly.
Then in 1.3 i used slime mount cheese to kill everything but moonlord. Him i killed with nurse box cheese.
But without cheats or extreame cheases... it feels way better.
+ i got greedy while dupping i even made backup biom keys as well as backup keymolds , to preserve em in my collection.
I had like 100-300 platinum and always was scared of it running out.

Fair way is way more fun.
Exept for mod of redemption. In it you must cheese , because cheasing lab bosses is the easyest thing ever , and that itself is really funny.
Like post moonlord boss not acounting for portal gun or rod or teleporters. And whole dungeon mod adds being actuatable. Fun stuff.
Lol

The princess sells it in Celebration MK10 iirc along with the previously mentioned increased drop chance. I'd just get enough gold and buy it there

Back
Top Bottom