Sprites [Wiring]ID Transmitter

shobiwan77

King Slime
The ID transmitter is a wiring object mainly made for adventure maps. ID transmiters are placed, removed, and visible under the same rules as actuators. The only difference is that they can only be placed on tiles that are occupied by either a weapon rack , item frame or a sword pedestal (part of another one of my suggestions, it's basically a weapon rack, but only for swords). Also this cannot be placed on the same tile as actuators, sensors or inverse transponders (again, another one of my suggestions).

ID Transmitter
gfeYvuJ.png

• Type: Mechanism
  • Dimensions: 1 x 1
  • Sold by the Mechanic for 25
    Silver_Coin.png
Each ID transmitter will store a specific item ID, and will send a signal, via wire, whenever an item of the matching ID is placed or removed from the weapon rack/item frame that the transmitter is placed over. The item ID is entered through a dialogue box, same as those of chat boxes and signs, that will appear when the ID transmitter is placed. This dialogue box can be accessed again if you right click on the transmitter while it is visible.

A secondary suggestion that goes along with this is that weapon racks and item frames would send signals whenever any item is placed in them. This could be used to determine if the incorrect item is placed in on the frame/rack.

The main use for this would be in adventure maps for if you want someone to have, for example, a hook for one area of the map, but once the player has it it would break the rest of the map. You could make it so that at the end of that area there's an item frame that if you don't place the hook in, then it won't open a door to leave. Or instead of always having at the start, "Trash all of your starting items before continuing," just have a couple item frames rigged together that won't allow you to continue until you place the items in them.

That's all. I tried to keep it short and simple, but if that made it too confusing please tell me.

Last edited:
Each ID transmitter will store a specific item ID, and will send a signal, via wire, whenever an item of the matching ID is placed or removed from the weapon rack/item frame that the transmitter is placed over. The item ID is entered through a dialogue box, same as those of chat boxes and signs, that will appear when the ID transmitter is placed. This dialogue box can be accessed again if you right click on the transmitter while it is visible.
So, basically, ID transmitter + Item frame functions the same way, as Gem Locks, but for any other item? That's a great idea actually :D

Back
Top Bottom