Resolved [Xbox] LOST CHARACTERS AND WORLDS ON XBOX (all posts will be combined into this thread)

Hello @AZNickelos - this bug has been particularly difficult to track down the cause of. I want to stress that your saves are intact though, and that this bug only relates to displaying data. Once addressed, you should be able to see them all again. I had a few additional questions for you surrounding this:
  • Does logging out of & back into your Xbox account fix the issue?
  • Have all your saves vanished, or only some of them?
    • If they all disappeared, do you remember what year your most recent world was made in?
    • If only some disappeared, could you tell me which years your remaining worlds were made in?
  • Did you originally start playing Terraria on the Xbox 360 before switching to your Xbox One (and, later, the Series S)?

Hey @Klondike - this is a particularly annoying bug that we've been trying to track down the cause of. I want to stress that your saves are intact, though - this bug only relates to displaying worlds, and once addressed should allow you to see them all again. I had a few questions surrounding this:

• Could you send us your gamertag, as well as the version of Terraria you purchased (digital, physical)?
    • If they all disappeared, do you remember what year your most recent build was made in?
    • If only some disappeared, could you tell me which years your remaining worlds were made in?
Thank you for responding, my gamertag is Klondike1568. On the xbox 360 I used the disc of terraria but on the xbox one I've been using the digital version. Logging out and back into my account does not fix the issue and deleting and re-syncing the cloud does not fix the issue either. Not all of my saves are gone only a majority, the remaining character that I have was made on the release of the journeys end update and the 2 world's that I have left were made in February of 2018. I hope that this information helps at all and I hope you guys find a way to patch it. Once again thank you very much for responding have a wonderful day

Thanks for the report! This is a particularly annoying bug that we've been struggling to track down. I want to stress that your saves are intact, though - this bug currently pertains to displaying them, and once addressed you will be able to see them again. I had a few questions surrounding this:

• Could you send us your gamertag, as well as the version of Terraria you purchased (digital, physical)?
  • Approximately what year did you start playing Terraria?
  • Have all your saves vanished, or only some of them? Do you remember what years you made your worlds in?
  • Did you first start playing on Xbox 360?
Hello thank you for replying back, as for my gamer tag it would be NeuralBubble44 and I have had both the digital and physical copies but now I only have digital and I have played first on Xbox 360. As for the year that I started playing was a year after the game got released and kept playing ever since on and off and for my characters I made them through the years and most of my worlds and characters got deleted apart from One character. I’ve tried restarting my console and even uninstalling the game and reinstalling but nothing seems to work.

I re-downloaded terraria today and saw that my worlds and my characters that I transferred from the 360 a while back have been deleted. I hope this gets fixed because I grinded a lot and I don't wanna lose that.

Just a note for all… I’ve combined all the threads into one for this issue. The first post has been updated to reflect that. If you haven’t already, please reply with this info…

**Your saves should be intact - the bug only relates to displaying data, and once addressed should have no impact on your saves.**

Help the developers out by including this info…
  • Your gamertag
  • The version of Terraria you purchased (digital, physical)?
    • If they all disappeared, do you remember what year your most recent build was made in?
    • If only some disappeared, what years were your remaining worlds made in?
    • Were the missing saves made in 1.2 Terraria -or- 1.3 Terraria -or- both (all pre-1.4 files are missing)?
  • Did you originally start playing Terraria on the Xbox 360 before switching to Xbox One (or, later, the Series S)?

Last edited:
Just a note for all… I’ve combined all the threads into one for this issue. The first post has been updated to reflect that. If you haven’t already, please reply with this info…

**Your saves should be intact - the bug only relates to displaying data, and once addressed should have no impact on your saves.**

• Your gamertag
    • Were the missing saves made in 1.2 Terraria -or- 1.3 Terraria -or- both (all pre-1.4 files are missing)?
  • Did you originally start playing Terraria on the Xbox 360 before switching to Xbox One (or, later, the Series S)?
My gamertag is DarkenDrowzy. I purchased the 360 and xbox one versions. Logging out does not fix my issue. I don't remember the year but it was early on during the 360 years. Yes all my saves vanished. The last year I played was probably around 2019-2020. Yes i originally started playing on the 360. I also want to say my account that I lost was the one I transferred from 360 (if that means anything.)

My gamertag is Legend22MACW and I am having the bug with missing data on my Xbox account. I first purchased Terraria physically in 2017 on xbox one. I then later down the line used gamepass to play it digitally until I just bought it digitally completely a few days ago on the series x. Using gamepass didnt effect my data and I was able to play my characters and worlds just fine. I just realized last night my older worlds and characters were not showing up and I only had my 3 newest ones. I tried logging in and back in and restarting my xbox but still no older 1.3 characters and worlds from before. I do not remember what the exact amount of worlds and characters I had but I would guess around 8 characters and 14 worlds from 1.3.

Hello there, ive recently came back to playing terraria after almost a 3 yr absence and discovered that just like so many others all my characters and worlds have vanished. Ive tried all that was suggested but to no avail. I cant remember what year or build i first started playing the game or if i started on the original xbox or the 360. Please help,, if you can.... Cheers
Gamer tag is FOX633SQD

Hi, I haven't played in a while on xbox one but the last time I played on my series X I had my original character. Now I hopped on and EVERYTHING I has was gone. It was a character originally from 360 brought to xbox one. Started playing when it was release on games with gold. Logged out and still no fix. Gamertag is TheVengefulBard

All posts regarding the issue on Xbox in which characters and worlds are not displaying will be contained in this one thread. The developers are aware of it and are looking into it.

• Your gamertag
Gamertag:CptBootyClapper
Digital copy
Login in and out did not work
Started playing on the Xbox 360
Last time I played was just before the journey ends update
Missing saves made in 1.3

I have been playing terraria since the 360, and carried over my character from the Xbox 360, to one, and recently some friends who are new wanted me to play so i installed on the series x only to find all my pre 1.4 data was gone.

I checked the xbox one and it wasn't there either, I've lost years of memories, fun and progress including my corruption free world i worked so hard for and if my data is truly gone forever i don't think I'd be motivated to start over. My legacy character meant a good deal to me.
I have the achievements but nothing else is left.

Gamertag: Hex Bazinga
Logging in and out did nothing.
I think i started in 2013.
All pre 1.4 files are gone.
It's the digital version initially on the 360, then xbox one, now series X.

Last edited:
I have been playing terraria since the 360, and carried over my character from the Xbox 360, to one, and recently some friends who are new wanted me to play so i installed on the series x oy to find all my pre 1.4 data was gone.

I checked the xbox one and it wasn't there either, I've lost years of memories, fun and progress including my corruption free world i worked so hard for and if my data is truly gone forever i don't think I'd be motivated to start over. My legacy character meant a good deal to me.
I have the achievements but nothing else is left.
Hi @HexBazinga, I moved your post and any replies into this big thread for the same topic. You can check the first post for more info. :)

Hello @AZNickelos - this bug has been particularly difficult to track down the cause of. I want to stress that your saves are intact though, and that this bug only relates to displaying data. Once addressed, you should be able to see them all again. I had a few additional questions for you surrounding this:
    • If they all disappeared, do you remember what year your most recent world was made in?
  • Did you originally start playing Terraria on the Xbox 360 before switching to your Xbox One (and, later, the Series S)?
Hi Ive also lost all my saves, I noticed when i went to go reinstall and play with friends

Logging back in and out doesn’t work for me.

I think my most recent world was made in 2017.

I originally started playing in 2013 on the 360, i continued playing after transferring my saves over to the xbox one, I then recently got a series S went to install terraria and noticed when i logged on that i didn’t have my worlds nor characters

I got a new Xbox series x and the cloud save transferred to the new console. But when I loaded the game up, my character and world is gone. In the manage game tab it does show I have a local save on the console, but I guess it's just empty now.

Saves not appearing in game is a known issue, your character and world is still there. Please be patient while the problem is being adressed. You can find all the currently known issues being dealt with in the console section of the latest state of the game.

I got a new Xbox series x and the cloud save transferred to the new console. But when I loaded the game up, my character and world is gone. In the manage game tab it does show I have a local save on the console, but I guess it's just empty now.
Hi @ShadowsRevenge I moved your post and any replies into this big thread for the same topic. You can check the first post for more info. :) If you’re able to, help the devs out by posting your info (found in first post of this thread).

• gamertag: ShadowShadex
  • The version of Terraria you purchased: digital
  • Does logging out of & back into your Xbox account fix the issue? No
  • Approximately what year did you start playing Terraria? 2013
  • Have all your saves vanished, or only some of them? All my saves vanished. At least one save made in 1.2 and the other was after 1.3 was released. All saves are pre 1.4.
  • Did you originally start playing Terraria on the Xbox 360 before switching to Xbox One (or, later, the Series S)? Started with 360, moved to xbox one, next to xbox one x, and lastly to xbox series x.
Also, on an extra note. I logged into my brothers account on my xbox and all of his saves transferred in. We built our characters at the same time. And I'm not sure if I ever kept my 360 save anyway. I may have deleted when I made my newest character.

All posts regarding the issue on Xbox in which characters and worlds are not displaying will be contained in this one thread. The developers are aware of it and are looking into it.

• Your gamertag
Hello my Xbox gamertag is Truuths, I have the digital version of the game I have played terraria for years since about 5-6 years ago and just started getting back into the game recently but my character is no longer on my account. I originally started playing terraria on Xbox 360 and Xbox One but now currently own the Xbox Series X.

i know this is likely not Xbox 360 edition, but that has been happening to old accounts on Xbox 360, characters and worlds being deleted.

Hi, I saw this and wanted to post after logging in today and seeing that my characters and worlds were all gone. My gamertage is player2 yankee. We tried turning the Xbox off and on, logging on and off and everything was still gone. I don’t remember the exact year that I started playing, but I did start on Xbox 360 and moves to the Xbox one. It is all of my characters and worlds that are gone. I’m really hoping there is a fix for this, I spent quite a long time developing my character and worlds.

Back
Top Bottom