Weapons & Equip Xeno Bullets: late-game bullets that pass through blocks

zenithspeed

The Destroyer
I think the title says it all... bullets that can pass through blocks. This ability is very powerful in some cases but utterly useless in others, so they should have mid (or maybe slightly below average) damage, and are locked behind the Martian Madness event. Right now I'm not sure if they should have entity piercing or not.
Crafting recipe could be 200 Musket Balls/Empty Bullet + 1x Martian Conduit Plating
As for visuals, when fired it could be a light blue or cyan color, but I think that's taken by Nano Bullets already, so an almost white, very light blue could also work. Its inventory sprite could be silvery with a light blue dot in the middle (if based on Musket Balls) or a bullet with two stripes of the same color running along it (if based on Empty Bullets).

This was kind of just a random idea I had one time, and wondered what y'all would think of it. As always, I'm open to criticism and will change a few things if I remember to lmao

Last edited:
"lower dmg than other bullets + can't pierce"

this sounds kinda bad for smth after martians, i'm not sure the gimmick is good enough to make people want or need this bullet?
(but also i don't play ranged so i'm neutral to this suggestion LOL)

this sounds kinda bad for smth after martians, i'm not sure the gimmick is good enough to make people want or need this bullet?
block passing can be really OP in some cases and useless in others, so ig mid damage would be a better fit?

I think it's a fine idea. They won't be very useful for boss fights, since bosses are almost never behind blocks, but they'll be great for events and just general-purpose use. Low or middling damage is best, for sure. Maybe 10 damage?

To be honest I was baffled when I realized chlorophyte bullets were just plain strong. Pretty much every other game with homing weapons has them being pathetically weak as a tradeoff for always hitting, clorophyte bullets still have decent damage though. Bullets in Terraria aren't that balanced as is. Tbh I think that this idea can squeeze into the game if tweaked a bit. Maybe they can pierce up to a few enemies, like meteor shots, and could deal middling to low damage to account for their cheesy use case.

I think the title says it all... bullets that can pass through blocks. This ability is very powerful in some cases but utterly useless in others, so they should have mid (or maybe slightly below average) damage, and are locked behind the Martian Madness event. Right now I'm not sure if they should have entity piercing or not.
Crafting recipe could be 200 Musket Balls/Empty Bullet + 1x Martian Conduit Plating
As for visuals, when fired it could be a light blue or cyan color, but I think that's taken by Nano Bullets already, so an almost white, very light blue could also work. Its inventory sprite could be silvery with a light blue dot in the middle (if based on Musket Balls) or a bullet with two stripes of the same color running along it (if based on Empty Bullets).

This was kind of just a random idea I had one time, and wondered what y'all would think of it. As always, I'm open to criticism and will change a few things if I remember to lmao
I would prefer a gun that shoots though walls but your idea is good

Back
Top Bottom