XInput GamePad Support Mod [Pre-1.3]

Ooh, that reminds me. In previous versions you could automine diagonally, now it's only in four directions. Maybe when/if this is updated for 1.3 you could figure out how to bring that back?
I never intended it to be diagonal. If it were, I don't know how you were doing that :redspin:

How I do that?
I'm playing with my ps2 controller + x360ce, I never put my hands in a 360 controller so i don't know where's or what's that cursor select wheel.
Here's a print of my x360ce configuration, where do I set that thing?: http://i.imgur.com/r4mfN5f.png
Whatever button 12 is normally would allow you to change the mode used. R3 is what it's called on a 360 controller. I don't know how your buttons are labelled on your controller. Without that I can only go by the numbers, and not where it's at on your gamepad.

Whatever button 12 is normally would allow you to change the mode used. R3 is what it's called on a 360 controller. I don't know how your buttons are labelled on your controller. Without that I can only go by the numbers, and not where it's at on your gamepad.
In my controller the R3 is button 12 but it's broken and I don't use L3 (button 11) in this game, so all that I have to do is invert it. Like this:
http://i.imgur.com/H4ESWFU.png
Right?

Still not work... I press L3 (with act as the xbox R3) but it doesn't change mode...

EDIT:Fixed, I found that cursor select was set to NONE by Default (LOL?), create a new profile and changed it to R3...

Last edited:
Can you please help me It still doesn't work I changed the cursor to mining and it still doesn't work, Help me plz!!!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    334.6 KB · Views: 523
Can you please help me It still doesn't work I changed the cursor to mining and it still doesn't work, Help me plz!!!!!!
Uhh, are you selecting "Auto-Mine" in the cursor select wheel in-game and moving the right stick in a direction to aim and pressing RT to mine? I swear some people need to just try out all the buttons before asking for help. :redspin:

I tryed them all and they don't change to the custom profile I made
So far this mod is awesome btw
There's nothing to help you with really; I just accidentally broke profile selection in the current version. For now, if you need to use a custom profile, replace the "My Documents/My Games/Terraria/Xbox Controller Mod/Profiles/Default.xpcf" with your profile's file (which can be found in that folder)

Version 1.7.0 Changes:

• Profile selection now works.
  • Massive performance boost while interacting with tiles.
    • Old System: Checked for nearby Tiles and NPCs at 60 Hz.
    • New System. Checks for nearby Tiles only if you've moved at least one tile distance since the last update. Checks for nearby NPCs only if you've moved at least one pixel since the last update. Only updates at 15 Hz.
  • Several changes made to config app:
    • Now has a message when you first open it, telling that it sucks and providing some support info.
    • Now has messages upon saving your profile and changing profile selection so that you know it actually saved. (Before you had no idea whether it saved or not, honestly.)

Thanks for the update, it's so much easier to install a new update this way. I no longer have to uninstall, verify files, and then install the new one. Pairing with Game Launcher was a nice choice for that alone.

Thanks for the update, it's so much easier to install a new update this way. I no longer have to uninstall, verify files, and then install the new one. Pairing with Game Launcher was a nice choice for that alone.
Well I made that change like 2 months ago with the whole game launcher thing. :redspin:
But I'm glad you enjoy it.:redmunch:

Well I made that change like 2 months ago with the whole game launcher thing. :redspin:
But I'm glad you enjoy it.:redmunch:
Took me a while to get everything installed. I had problems with antivirus(blocking me from installing it, then quarantining things in a way I couldn't get them back). Also, there hadn't been a new update since then, so this feature of not having to reinstall everything wouldn't be readily apparent.

Does this now work with the GOG version of Terraria?

Might buy myself an Xbox 360 controller if it does.

Thanks for all your work on this Green Cat. :)

Does this now work with the GOG version of Terraria?

Might buy myself an Xbox 360 controller if it does.

Thanks for all your work on this Green Cat. :)
Well, this has to work with the Game Launcher 3.0, which doesn't support GOG last I checked. You could try asking if they will support it though.

Well, this has to work with the Game Launcher 3.0, which doesn't support GOG last I checked. You could try asking if they will support it though.

I'm am currently doing that myself and right now it's still up in the air, but at-least not off the table by the looks of it. I'm not sure if Green Cat could release a version that doesn't need Game Launcher to work but I've been told it's possible by another forum user. Green Cat can we get any comment on this?

Back
Top Bottom