tModLoader Secrets of the Shadows Terraria Mod

Hey,
I just updated this mod as I hadn't played terraria for a few months and upon making new char and entering new world my void is stuck at zero.
I start loosing health so I used cheat sheet to spawn in some almond milk, to stop me dying long enough to figure out what was going on, but it doesn't increase my void.....It is stuck at 0/100 and will not increase.
I've had a few people with similar problems. Dying seemed to fix it. I don't know what causes it yet, since it has only happened a few times.

(Someone in the discord found that) There is a similar problem with loading in an old character after updating. They had it fixed for them upon dying. I'm not sure what causes the problem, because it's only happen a few times out of many people, though I assume it is a mod compatibility error.
Oh yeah... that would explain *alot*, I've been using the same character with this mod since it first came out, and I don't think dying helped me thou, weirdly enough I was able to use any item that required void without having, any?

You might wanna add a "version" field to your TagCompound to match up with the mod version, and when it mismatches, don't load the player's saved void ammount (assuming you even save it at all to a player, I'm assuming you do)

Oh yeah... that would explain *alot*, I've been using the same character with this mod since it first came out, and I don't think dying helped me thou, weirdly enough I was able to use any item that required void without having, any?

You might wanna add a "version" field to your TagCompound to match up with the mod version, and when it mismatches, don't load the player's saved void ammount (assuming you even save it at all to a player, I'm assuming you do)
Yup that's what I do. I will add a version field next update.

I've had a few people with similar problems. Dying seemed to fix it. I don't know what causes it yet, since it has only happened a few times.
It probably is a mod compatibility thing then like you say........I have the same mods as before but some of them updated, though I didn't take note of which ones they were.
I will have to check one by one and see if it happens again.

It probably is a mod compatibility thing then like you say........I have the same mods as before but some of them updated, though I didn't take note of which ones they were.
I will have to check one by one and see if it happens again.
Now I'm actually not sure if mod compatibility is the issue. I think I've found a fix though, which will be out next update.

Playing this multiplayer has an issue where everyone always takes 1 damage until they die. the *fix* for this is to relog, but once you relog everyone but yourself still appear to take 1 damage always, even when everyone is full on Void. but no one is taking damage once they relog.

Also, we always see "The Advisor" health bar at the bottom for some reason, on a new world generation

honestly I would just love a server config for this mod to disable the damage you take over time all together

Last edited:
Playing this multiplayer has an issue where everyone always takes 1 damage until they die. the *fix* for this is to relog, but once you relog everyone but yourself still appear to take 1 damage always, even when everyone is full on Void. but no one is taking damage once they relog.

Also, we always see "The Advisor" health bar at the bottom for some reason, on a new world generation

honestly I would just love a server config for this mod to disable the damage you take over time all together
The Advisor health bar problem is fixed in the latest beta, which you can find a download for in the discord server. As for the taking 1 damage thing, assuming I know what you're refering to, I have already fixed that problem in the beta as well (unless the bug I'm thinking of is different).

A void bar config might come in the future, but that all depends on the demand for it.

The Advisor health bar problem is fixed in the latest beta, which you can find a download for in the discord server. As for the taking 1 damage thing, assuming I know what you're refering to, I have already fixed that problem in the beta as well (unless the bug I'm thinking of is different).

A void bar config might come in the future, but that all depends on the demand for it.
actually I just found out after disabling this mod that the 1 damage issue is not going away. the thing is, we are not actually taking 1 damage, we just see each other taking 1 damage. I do not see myself take 1 damage either. so it must be something else causing it. I'll keep digging! these are 2 new characters so it's not some equipment effect

actually I just found out after disabling this mod that the 1 damage issue is not going away. the thing is, we are not actually taking 1 damage, we just see each other taking 1 damage. I do not see myself take 1 damage either. so it must be something else causing it. I'll keep digging! these are 2 new characters so it's not some equipment effect
Not sure what's causing that, but I'll fix it if I'm able to find out.

Hi! Mod is super fun but is there a way to stop constructs from spawning? Or at least make them much rarer, exploring underground with them is really hard and annoying from being permamently chased by them:/

Hi! Mod is super fun but is there a way to stop constructs from spawning? Or at least make them much rarer, exploring underground with them is really hard and annoying from being permamently chased by them:/
Currently there is no way to turn them off. Spawn rates will change later most likely.

i really like the idea of the mod (while being paired with overhaul) but the particles cause serious frame drops and lag so i had to disable it, any ideas what may be the cause and how to fix

Currently there is no way to turn them off. Spawn rates will change later most likely.
how much later are we talking because i was trying to dig a hellivator and i ran into not 1 not 2 not even 3 but 7 in a row of the earthen constructs and finally i couldn't take it and had to give up digging to deep because as soon as i hit like the 2000 depth range its just a constant spawn of them and it really makes it unbearable to try and do anything, like i love the mod and its super cool but the spawn rates of the constructs seems to be a little high and it kinda makes trying to get anywhere deep underground a little annoying

I'm sorry to ask it here but how to get Fragment of Evil? I'm playing 1 hour of trying to find it and killing corruption enemies but no use, can someone tell me? The page on wiki is not made yet for this item.

Back
Top Bottom