[1.4.4.9] TerrariaPatcher (plugins and more!)

I'm having an odd issue where certain items are making my hud disappear. I started a new game with a new world.

The Copper pickaxe was the first item I discovered that made my hud dissappear. I mouse wheel over it and the hud dissappears. I then discovered that the frozen boomerang and the silver boradsword has the same issue.

I uninstalled, reinstalled Terraria. Verified cache, reinstalled the mod, same thing.

I'm on Terraria 1.3.4.3 - I uploaded a video of the issue. Notice when I mouse over that things disappear.

I'm having an odd issue where certain items are making my hud disappear. I started a new game with a new world.

The Copper pickaxe was the first item I discovered that made my hud dissappear. I mouse wheel over it and the hud dissappears. I then discovered that the frozen boomerang and the silver boradsword has the same issue.

I uninstalled, reinstalled Terraria. Verified cache, reinstalled the mod, same thing.

I'm on Terraria 1.3.4.3 - I uploaded a video of the issue. Notice when I mouse over that things disappear.

Yeah I'm having this problem too:/

Hello I need some help, I was playing on a server and I used all the healing buffs in game that time, now I don't want to cheat so I tried to get rid of them, but the rapid healing buffs keeps happening, I tried disabling it, reanabling and then disabling but it still doesn't work ,please help thank you

Hey guys! I am using terraria 1.3.3.3 but when i launch terraria patcher and patch it it says "failed to locate Terraria.Main.PlaySound method" anyone can help me? some admin or someone experienced i need help!
[doublepost=1479567724,1479567672][/doublepost]
Hello I need some help, I was playing on a server and I used all the healing buffs in game that time, now I don't want to cheat so I tried to get rid of them, but the rapid healing buffs keeps happening, I tried disabling it, reanabling and then disabling but it still doesn't work ,please help thank you

Did you unpatch the buffs? Because if you disable them ingame it will never happen....

I also just discovered that the "Blank Items" (that remove your hud) can be duped (not that this matters with this mod, of course)

1. Acquire a blank item (in this case, the item Code 1)
2. Open up a store
3. Sell the item
4. Infinity buy back the item

I created a gif to show this dupe in progress: https://i.imgur.com/yjDagNa.gifv

Try it on vanilla Terraria 1.3.4.3 :) It is not a problem with TerrariaPatcher.

Some one help me! it says "failed to locate Terraria.Main.PlaySound method" when i patch the GOG version of terraria

I don't have GOG version of Terraria. Is it updated to version 1.3.4.3? Maybe they are different version.. If someone sends me GOG version maybe I can make it compatible..

Hi, is there a way to increase the speed of ItemReplication Plugin? I mean like , at speed of purchasing a stack from merchant, not speed crafting a stack of items. I know this is not very necessary, and we can just spawn a stack of items but, it would be cool I think. And I love TerrariaPatcher, UseTime Plugin is my favourite at the moment. thanks for your all efforts.

Last edited:
Try it on vanilla Terraria 1.3.4.3 :) It is not a problem with TerrariaPatcher.

I tried to recreate the issue in the same way I recreated it before. In vanilla I failed to recreate the issue. I even took an item that failed to load from before (code 1) that I had kept and it did not fail in vanilla

I created this gif using vanilla Terraria to show you that the items do not have issues in the unmodded version: https://i.imgur.com/zsWjkDW.gifv

In addition to that, someone else is having the same issue that I am having:

In theory, what could be causing this?

[EDIT] - You were right. It's not the mod. It's a plugin that is corrupt. Once I removed ItemReplication.cs everything started working again.

----------------

The fix is to remove the item replication mod:

1. Goto C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria\Plugins
2. Delete ItemReplication.cs
3. Start the game again.

--------------

[EDIT 2] - Looking at that plugin, I believe the error may be related to the item Defender's Forge may not be properly defined? Sorry I can't be more of a help. It's been years since I last programmed (I'm currently a network engineer)

[EDIT 3] Removing that only stopped the issue on new items (crafted, purchased) . Items created during world gen (like items in cave chests) are still affected.

Last edited:
I tried to recreate the issue in the same way I recreated it before. In vanilla I failed to recreate the issue. I even took an item that failed to load from before (code 1) that I had kept and it did not fail in vanilla

I created this gif using vanilla Terraria to show you that the items do not have issues in the unmodded version: https://i.imgur.com/zsWjkDW.gifv

In addition to that, someone else is having the same issue that I am having:

In theory, what could be causing this?

[EDIT] - You were right. It's not the mod. It's a plugin that is corrupt. Once I removed ItemReplication.cs everything started working again.

----------------

The fix is to remove the item replication mod:

1. Goto C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria\Plugins
2. Delete ItemReplication.cs
3. Start the game again.

--------------

[EDIT 2] - Looking at that plugin, I believe the error may be related to the item Defender's Forge may not be properly defined? Sorry I can't be more of a help. It's been years since I last programmed (I'm currently a network engineer)

[EDIT 3] Removing that only stopped the issue on new items (crafted, purchased) . Items created during world gen (like items in cave chests) are still affected.
Sadly I'm not able to reproduce the issue.. I deleted my entire Plugins folder and restored to vanilla Terraria and was still able to get the same glitch with a silver broadsword. Using Steam Terraria 1.3.4.3. I see that you have proof that it works for you in vanilla with the silver broadsword so I'm even more confused. I don't know how to fix it. Removing just ItemReplication.cs on my machine doesn't work either.

Sadly I'm not able to reproduce the issue.. I deleted my entire Plugins folder and restored to vanilla Terraria and was still able to get the same glitch with a silver broadsword. Using Steam Terraria 1.3.4.3. I see that you have proof that it works for you in vanilla with the silver broadsword so I'm even more confused. I don't know how to fix it. Removing just ItemReplication.cs on my machine doesn't work either.

I just tried to recreate it again and it switched to NEW items.

I uninstalled 100% and reinstalled 100% and I loaded up a toon with a world that has all of the items. I narrowed it down to where the issue is:

I can now recreate it 100% of the time, but it changes items

1. Open up the patcher

2. Under the patcher option select "Always roll Best Prefixes"

3. Select the prefix "Lucky"

4. Patch the game

5. Create new character, then new world, then enter the world [note: This crashes out the new world 20% of the time in my basic testing]

6. The copper pickaxe should now glitch out.

Here is a picture of my patcher options for reference: http://imgur.com/a/1ol0j

PS: Sorry it took me so long to reply. I've been working on recreating it all day.

Back
Top Bottom