• Total voters

GoldM

Golem
Do you need to fish in the dark? Can't see your bobber? Well, say hello to the​

Buoyant Glowstick.png
B
uoyant Glowstick!
Buoyant Glowstick.png
33% chance as a reward from the Angler, in stacks of 15-30.
Simply throw these on the water and they'll float, giving off light so you can see your bobber!

If thrown underwater, the glowstick will float upwards until it reaches the surface.
Will also float in honey and lava, however lava gives off it's own light so it's not nessesary in that instance.
Will despawn after 5 minutes, with a 33% chance to be recoverable.

If SnailsAttack's suggestion is added..
P3YMQsl.png

Red Jellyfish would spawn uncommonly on the surface of the ocean (about as common as a purple slime) and would drop 4-7 Buoyant Glowsticks and 1-2 Red Jelly.

ZPM9hq8.png
Buoyant Glowstick x5
m0tJdmB.png
Red Jelly
DiFM73O.png
Glowstick x5

xGbLEzb.png
Bouyant Grenade x3
m0tJdmB.png
Red Jelly
nnvqkQk.png
Grenade x3

ZQ6QHAb.png
Buoyant Bomb x2
m0tJdmB.png
Red Jelly
a4Oo5Ef.png
Bomb x2

sF50QxQ.png
Buoyant Dynamite
m0tJdmB.png
Red Jelly
CwhoJ7V.png
Dynamite

index.php
Buoyancy Potion (Sprite by @SnailsAttack)
Hold W to float in liquids, hold S to sink faster.
Bottled_Water.png
Bottled Water
m0tJdmB.png
Red Jelly
Moonglow.png
Moonglow
Fireblossom.png
Fireblossom

What do you think?

Now includes support banner!
Code:
[url='https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/buoyant-glowsticks-the-ultimate-tool-for-fishing-at-night.59152/'][img]http://i.imgur.com/yP6nI5d.png[/img][/url]

Last edited:
Torches and light pets are a thing , but if this is a liquid floating glowstick , i support
Light pets don't work very well when your bobber is away from you (which it presumably would be), same goes for torches unless you are underground

I like it!
that.. that's it.
I like it.
it's a very simple concept but apparantly it has never been done before
so yes
I like it.
I like it a lot.
well not a lot
but I like it
more than like
but less than a lot
I like it.

This will be very useful for fishing or other water related activities.

Questions:
1. Can you pick them up again?
2. Will they despawn after a certain time period?

This will be very useful for fishing or other water related activities.

Questions:
1. Can you pick them up again?
2. Will they despawn after a certain time period?

They would despawn after the same amount of time that a glowstick would, with a 33% chance of dropping as an item.

Thread has been updated.

Maybe call it "floating"?

English is foreign language for many Terraria players (and I'm among them) and generaly "floating" word is used more frequently and has much higher chance to be already familiar to a player. Personally, I checked dictionary exclusively for "buoyant" and I'm not sure I can spell it correctly once more (and how do you pronounce it, it's weird! :confused:)

Do you need to fish in the dark? Can't see your bobber? Well, say hello to the​

33% chance as a reward from the Angler, in stacks of 15-30.
Simply throw these on the water and they'll float, giving off light so you can see your bobber!

If thrown underwater, the glowstick will float upwards until it reaches the surface.
Will also float in honey and lava, however lava gives off it's own light so it's not nessesary in that instance.
Will despawn after 5 minutes, with a 33% chance to be recoverable.

If SnailsAttack's suggestion is added..
P3YMQsl.png

Red Jellyfish would spawn uncommonly on the surface of the ocean (about as common as a purple slime) and would drop 4-7 Buoyant Glowsticks and 1-2 Red Jelly.

ZPM9hq8.png
Buoyant Glowstick x5
m0tJdmB.png
Red Jelly
DiFM73O.png
Glowstick x5

xGbLEzb.png
Bouyant Grenade x3
m0tJdmB.png
Red Jelly
nnvqkQk.png
Grenade x3

ZQ6QHAb.png
Buoyant Bomb x2
m0tJdmB.png
Red Jelly
a4Oo5Ef.png
Bomb x2

sF50QxQ.png
Buoyant Dynamite
m0tJdmB.png
Red Jelly
CwhoJ7V.png
Dynamite

index.php
Buoyancy Potion (Sprite by @SnailsAttack)
Hold W to float in liquids, hold S to sink faster.
Bottled_Water.png
Bottled Water
m0tJdmB.png
Red Jelly
Moonglow.png
Moonglow
Fireblossom.png
Fireblossom

What do you think?

Now includes support banner!
Code:
[url='https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/buoyant-glowsticks-the-ultimate-tool-for-fishing-at-night.59152/'][img]http://i.imgur.com/yP6nI5d.png[/img][/url]

Or just make bouncy glow sticks float.

English is foreign language for many Terraria players (and I'm among them) and generaly "floating" word is used more frequently and has much higher chance to be already familiar to a player. Personally, I checked dictionary exclusively for "buoyant" and I'm not sure I can spell it correctly once more (and how do you pronounce it, it's weird! :confused:)
Buoyant is widely used if not just as much as the word floating. It's not my place to tell you this but IMO I think if you are on mainly English forums and a mostly English game you can't make other people adjust their language to fit yours

As of the 1.3.5 update (for PC anyways) Terraria comes in a number of languages, so it would most likely be translated. As for the other versions, I'd assume they'll get there some day, unless they have translations already.... Also 'floating' doesn't work as well as 'buoyant', seeing as 'floating' means in the act of floating and 'buoyant' means to have the ability to float.

but floating would make it seem as if it could float in air.
buoyant:

buoy·ant
ˈboiənt,ˈbo͞oyənt/
adjective
  1. 1.
    able or apt to stay afloat or rise to the top of a liquid or gas.
    synonyms: able to float, floating, floatable
    "a buoyant substance"
  2. 2.
    cheerful and optimistic.
    "the conference ended with the party in a buoyant mood"
    synonyms: cheerful, cheery, happy, lighthearted, carefree, bright, merry, joyful, bubbly, bouncy, sunny, jolly;
    lively, jaunty, high-spirited, perky;
    optimistic, confident, positive;
    informalpeppy, upbeat
    "a buoyant mood"

upload_2017-11-23_14-2-29.png

upload_2017-11-23_14-2-29.png

Nice! I really like this. It would be nice if you could buy them from the Merchant if you had them in your inventory as well!

However, all of the other stuff is, well, completely useless.
Having Buoyant Bombs and Dynamite would be the most useless items in the game, because it wouldn't destroy anything. I would say remove all of the other Buoyant items, but keep the Glowsticks.
[doublepost=1518994749,1518994602][/doublepost]Also how do I add the support banner to my signature

Nice! I really like this. It would be nice if you could buy them from the Merchant if you had them in your inventory as well!

However, all of the other stuff is, well, completely useless.
Having Buoyant Bombs and Dynamite would be the most useless items in the game, because it wouldn't destroy anything. I would say remove all of the other Buoyant items, but keep the Glowsticks.
[doublepost=1518994749,1518994602][/doublepost]Also how do I add the support banner to my signature
You see the hogndog at the top-right at the screen? Well, click that, and then click Signature.

Back
Top Bottom