tModLoader Inventory Tweaks for Terraria

Agrair

Terrarian
Inventory Tweaks
Available on the Mod Browser
Open Source
Mirror
Inventory Tweaks is a Terraria mod that adds some quality of life changes to the way the inventory works.

Features:
- When you consume an item, and the same kind of item is in your inventory, it'll automatically go into your hand after use.
- A new hotbar slot for your Spectre Hood/Helmet, right click it to swap them out.
- Shift clicking shop slots will open a UI to choose how much of an item to buy.
- Using Life Fruits, Life Crystals, and Mana Crystals is super fast.
- Hold down the mouse after chopping a tree to place an acorn if you have one in your hotbar.
- Buffs are automatically consumed when they run out unless you right click them.
- A health potion in your inventory will be consumed when you are at 30% HP, configurable.
- All features are configurable.

Apologies in advance for the super bad video quality. :D

Last edited:
Future plans:
- Use OOP model for accessory slot, which is probably better but I'm lazy
- Hotbar sorting UI or something
- UI for hammer

Last edited:
Thank you so much for making this. I can finally use my Spectre armour properly.

Can you add an option to disable the cursor refill though?

Last edited:
Yes, I was thinking about that to. I might add a config later, but for now I’ll just say you’ll have to wait for tModLoader v0.11 (in game config support)

Yes, I was thinking about that to. I might add a config later, but for now I’ll just say you’ll have to wait for tModLoader v0.11 (in game config support)

Ah, ok then. I do know that Hamstar's Helpers does have some in-game config stuff, so you can try using that if you want.

The big problem with hamstar’s super helper, which is amazing gg to him, is that it’s not modular. You go big or go home, and I don’t want people to have to download his mod if I’m going to use his simplest feature. That reminds me though, I should probably add his GitHub issue support thing, that would be really helpful
[doublepost=1555983088,1555983059][/doublepost]
I can't believe such a QoL mod hadn't been done by now !
Thanks for working on it and good job.
Ty, I’m glad you like it
[doublepost=1555983531][/doublepost]Also, disclaimer to everyone, the extra hot bar slot does glitch occasionally if you keep changing the game resolution. A quick reload should fix it

Bug report here-
When using Shift (or whichever key is configured) to auto-hold a torch or similar item that isn't on your hotbar, they appear in a "new slot" next to the hotbar; this is a vanilla feature. The issue is that said slot overlaps the extra hotbar slot added by Inventory Tweaks in a rather ugly manner. Not a devastating bug, but one that could use some addressing nonetheless if there aren't other priorities.

And a suggestion-
This is very likely WAY beyond the scope of this mod, but it would be neat to improve the accessory quick-swap feature vanilla has.
Normally, if you have 5 accessory slots filled, and right click an accessory in inventory, it will swap with slot 1.
If you right click one again, it will then swap with slot 2. And so on, until it loops. The issue is, there doesn't appear to be a cooldown for this, so if you swap out 3 slots to fight a boss, then try to put your accessories back quickly, you'll end up swapping out 4, 5, and 1. It would be cool if you could make it so exiting the inventory menu will reset the count, so for example:
-Open inventory, right click 3 accessories- swap with slots 1, 2, and 3.
-Close inventory, do stuff...
-Open inventory, right click 3 accessories- they once again swap with slots 1, 2, and 3.
-Right click a 4th time without exiting inventory, and slot 4 swaps, etc.
(where vanilla behaviour would swap with 4, 5, and 1, then 2, unless you exited and re-entered the world)

thanks for the bug report, as for the suggestion, I don't really have control over that unless I reimplement accessory swapping (currently I'm just using a function vanilla offers)

strange, again, thanks for the bug report but I was sure that I had already fixed that :thinking:

Bug Report:
Auto-refill also occurs with favourited items.
If I right click a stack of favourited consumables in my inventory to put one on my cursor, then left click somewhere to use that one item, the entire favourited stack gets shoved into my cursor afterward, and I need to put it back, at which point it's no longer favourited. Favourited items should not be movable in this manner, and should not auto-refill as a favourite generally suggests something is treated with more care and used more sparingly, and aren't supposed to be easily movable (no shift-right click to sell/trash, etc.) so this kind of breaks Terraria's intended use for the favourite function.

That’s weird. The auto fill is supposed to happen when you consume an item, but I’ll add a hotfix tmrw.

Also ty for catching these bugs, I don’t rlly have time to thoroughly test stuff anymore
[doublepost=1558015501,1558015406][/doublepost]Actually now that I think about it, does this happen to any other item? I haven’t considered this b4 and might be a cause to remake the auto fill technique

That’s weird. The auto fill is supposed to happen when you consume an item, but I’ll add a hotfix tmrw.

Also ty for catching these bugs, I don’t rlly have time to thoroughly test stuff anymore
[doublepost=1558015501,1558015406][/doublepost]Actually now that I think about it, does this happen to any other item? I haven’t considered this b4 and might be a cause to remake the auto fill technique
It does happen when the item is consumed, that's the thing. It seems to auto-fill the "slot" that is your cursor if that's where you had the item you used, and it will pull entire stacks from your favourited items in your inventory, despite favourited items being... supposed to be... unaffected by anything that could lead to accidental dropping/use/etc.

To my knowledge it will occur with any consumable, stackable item. In particular I was having issues when taking one Scroll of Town Portal (from the Wormholes mod) out of a favourited stack to use. It took me a while of wondering why the heck the whole stack would move to my cursor after using one that way before realizing it had to be the auto-fill from this mod.

Ah, another new one. I'm unsure if this occurs with accessories (untested as of yet) but if using a mod such as Reforge Armor, the helmet/armor piece in the equip slot next to the hotbar will lose its prefix upon exiting and re-entering a world (tested on a dedicated server).

ah yeah, cuz the only thing being saved is the ID
[doublepost=1559346226,1559345993][/doublepost]probably happens with accessories too

"Shift clicking shop slots will automatically buy as much of that item as you can. (Unimplemented)"
Does that mean you haven't created it yet but are going to? I've been needing this feature for a while now.

I'm definitely looking forward to watching the growth of this mod, I just hope it doesn't die before it reaches it's high peak potential! I'd love for this to become some kind of super quality of life mod 'cause I feel like there's FAR more content mods and not as many mods that polish or iron out mechanics. Keep up the awesome work!

"Shift clicking shop slots will automatically buy as much of that item as you can. (Unimplemented)"
Does that mean you haven't created it yet but are going to? I've been needing this feature for a while now.
I actually reworded it to say “uses tML 0.11”, so you are correct, in a way. The next time you see “Unimplemented”, that just means it’s in the future but I’m not sure if it’s possible at the moment.
I'm definitely looking forward to watching the growth of this mod, I just hope it doesn't die before it reaches it's high peak potential! I'd love for this to become some kind of super quality of life mod 'cause I feel like there's FAR more content mods and not as many mods that polish or iron out mechanics. Keep up the awesome work!
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom