tModLoader DataMod

Datapod

Skeletron Prime
fXSLiAa.png

Welcome to DataMod!
v0.2.2
"What even is a DataMod?"
Good question! But first you need to know who DataPOD is.

DATAPOD
"Nobody's favorite robot"
3c56KNK.png

Datapod is this little flying robot guy here. You might have already noticed the beautiful HD image of him in my profile picture, but now I've brought him into the world of Terraria! As you may have guessed from the name, his sole purpose is to display data in confusing graphs. Why did I add him to Terraria? I have no idea! But he is here and he is here to stay.

THE MOD
"So does this mod add anything besides the robot?"
I'm glad you asked! DataMod is currently in a fairly early stage, so it is fairly small at the moment, but I am regularly adding new content, and I have plenty of stuff planned for the future.
Here is a little showcase of some of the stuff this mod adds:

DataMod currently adds one new enemy and one new boss

DATAPOD
3c56KNK.png

A robot who flies around at night. Don't worry, he's (mostly) harmless

DATABOSS
iSAv0SS.png

The boss of all Datapods. Intended to be fought after the mechanical bosses, he is much more powerful than the Datapods. He chases the player, all while shooting deadly lasers and summoning more Datapods. Watch out for his second phase, where he gets faster, starts charging at the player, and shoots lasers 4 times faster. This boss is summoned with the Suspicious Looking Statistics.
DataMod adds 11 new items

DATA CELLS
L1El1oe.png

A new resource, dropped by Datapods.

SUSPICIOUS LOOKING STATISTICS
bLUh7WX.png

The item used to summon Databoss.

SOUL OF WRITE
UOOxkgK.png

The soul which drops from Databoss.

DATAPOD ORE
McRLpIH.png

Ore which spawns throughout the world after Databoss is killed.

DATAPOD BAR
9xMqX5l.png

Crafted from Datapod Ore.

DATA CELL CHARGER
kdRDEMC.png

A crafting station which is used to create Charged Data Cells.

CHARGED CELL
EAzNP8B.png

Used to create new, powerful items.

SUPERCHARGED STATISTICS
LfNtMz3.png

Summons a horde of 100 Databosses for an absurd, unnecessary, but surprisingly possible-to-complete challenge. Use at your own risk.
DataMod adds 5 new weapons and one new tool

DATABOMB
e6HZQny.png

A powerful, Datapod-shaped bomb which can be crafted with Data Cells and bombs.

DATAPOD'S WRATH
hXSdVyd.png

A large sword which shoots a bouncing projectile. It has a 1-in-4 chance to drop from Databoss.

DATA BLASTER
ASh0XZf.png

A powerful gun which shoot with incredible speed. It has a 1-in-4 chance to drop from Databoss.

BOOK OF DATAPOD
Ikpw2iF.png

A magic weapon which shoots spinning clusters of Data Cells which act like boomerangs and inflict multiple debuffs on your enemies. It has a 1-in-4 chance to drop from Databoss.

COMPREHENSION STAFF
ZoQpX7d.png

A staff which summons a tiny Datapod which follows you around and shoots lasers at enemies. It has a 1-in-4 chance to drop from Databoss.

DATAPOD PICKAXE AXE
QOkj7Ud.png

A speedy, dual-function tool which can be crafted with Charged Cells and Datapod Bars.

And that's all of the content for now! Are you sick of reading the word "Datapod" yet? If not, please download my mod from the mod browser! Suggestions and questions are welcome. More stuff coming in the near future.​

Last edited:
When someone takes an odd idea and makes a decent mod out of it
You made me google what these even are and all I found was a few pictures. Lol.
I'll be giving this one a good; it sounds pretty solid so far!

Double post for feedbacksies.

1: the SUSPICIOUS LOOKING STATISTICS can be used during the day which will cause the boss to instantly despawn. I haven't tried the overloaded version but I bet it's the same story.
2: is the projectile from DATAPOD'S WRATH suppose to give off orange flames particles?
3: I feel DATA BLASTER needs some other things going for it because atm it feels like a better Megashark, maybe a forced data bullet projectile type, some inaccuracy or something?
4: DATABOMB doesn't seem to blow up tiles, I notice particles come off the tiles when it explodes but they don't get destroyed.
5: this isn't a problem but I find the BOOK OF DATAPOD to be rather funny since it's a magic weapon that shoots boomerang AI projectiles lol.
6: COMPREHENSION STAFF might be a bit too strong since it's optic staff but only with lasers, however it IS a post Twins drop so it might be fine.

7: wtf is that bose music? It's hilarious, never change it LOL.
8: Speaking of the boss, it's simple but proved really challenging, good work on that!
9: you should update your mod's build file to link the homepage back here so people know your mod has a forum page.

Normally going into these kinds of mods I don't expect much, however this one has some potential. I hope you keep doing what you've been doing on it!

Double post for feedbacksies.

1: the SUSPICIOUS LOOKING STATISTICS can be used during the day which will cause the boss to instantly despawn. I haven't tried the overloaded version but I bet it's the same story.
2: is the projectile from DATAPOD'S WRATH suppose to give off orange flames particles?
3: I feel DATA BLASTER needs some other things going for it because atm it feels like a better Megashark, maybe a forced data bullet projectile type, some inaccuracy or something?
4: DATABOMB doesn't seem to blow up tiles, I notice particles come off the tiles when it explodes but they don't get destroyed.
5: this isn't a problem but I find the BOOK OF DATAPOD to be rather funny since it's a magic weapon that shoots boomerang AI projectiles lol.
6: COMPREHENSION STAFF might be a bit too strong since it's optic staff but only with lasers, however it IS a post Twins drop so it might be fine.

7: wtf is that bose music? It's hilarious, never change it LOL.
8: Speaking of the boss, it's simple but proved really challenging, good work on that!
9: you should update your mod's build file to link the homepage back here so people know your mod has a forum page.

Normally going into these kinds of mods I don't expect much, however this one has some potential. I hope you keep doing what you've been doing on it!
Thanks so much for the feedback! I've been kinda busy with other nonsense recently, but I'll be sure to look into some of those issues when I get a chance. I'm glad you enjoy the mod!

Someone says this mod has the "Story or Lore" tag with the Mod Helpers mod tag list. The thread post doesn't indicate any. Is there?

Back
Top Bottom