Worst Weapon or item

I think it’s more just the general category of hardmode swords without projectiles that’s the problem than just Excalibur. Breaker Blade, all of the Hardmode ore swords, Excalibur, Keybrand, Cutlass, Brand of the Inferno, all Phasesabers. Excalibur fits into this category and is pretty useless, but it’s more than just Excalibur.

The issue with these is they are outclassed. They don’t have projectiles to make them usable in bosses unlike the Terra Blade or Influx Waver, they have no/negligible benefits on hit unlike Horseman’s Blade or Bladetongue, or they lack the DPS or disruption that makes Psycho Knife and Fetid Baghs usable.
The keybrand got a nice buff in 1.4, it can be used to finish off minibosses. Yeah its pretty niche but its definitely better than the other swords you mentioned.

So after that I would say the worst weapon is... the excalibur, low damage low range, and requires you to kill a mech boss to get it. Whatever weapon you used to kill the mechs is bound to be way better than this thing. at least with a lot of other bad weapons you can luck out and get them before you get a better weapon.
Remember back in 1.1 when it was the strongest sword in the game? Oh how it has fallen.

And all hardmode projectile-less broad swords are really terrible, especially in expert mode, plus most have a spear counterpart that is somewhat better.

I mean pretty much every hardmode weapons is good at killing slimes... let me know how that works out against say... giant tortises.
the excalibur can kill giant tortis easily both on ground and airborne stunning them and juggleing them
And all hardmode projectile-less broad swords are really terrible, especially in expert mode, plus most have a spear counterpart that is somewhat better.
Spears are much slower and do way less damage

Remember back in 1.1 when it was the strongest sword in the game? Oh how it has fallen.

Man, the endgame in 1.1 was so weird. You ended up just grinding the mech bosses and trying to find Adamantite for hours on end, and there were exactly two “endgame” weapons that were at all worthwhile: magical harp and megashark.

wait was summoner 1.1op cuz I only started back in 1.2, or summoner class did not exist, I only remember doing melee ranged and mage, but not summon cuz of the laughably low def, and how bad my dogding skills were

wait was summoner 1.1op cuz I only started back in 1.2, or summoner class did not exist, I only remember doing melee ranged and mage, but not summon cuz of the laughably low def, and how bad my dogding skills were

Summoner was “added” in 1.2, but if I remember correctly, it had exactly three weapons and the only armor set was Tiki. Spooky gear was 1.2.1, Bee gear, Spiders and and Imps weren’t added until 1.2.4, and the vast majority of actual summoner items came in 1.3 and 1.4.

Back
Top Bottom