Weapons & Equip Chlorophyte Gunbow instead of Shotbow.

Good idea?

• Very good one!

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • No go die at Tchernobyl.

Votes: 25 89.3%

• Total voters

Ethanylis1393

Skeletron
The chlorophyte shotbow is something that no one needs with a staunch hallowed repeater.Even a shotgun is less difficult to obtain.A shotgun is obtainable very early hardmode,i mean once WoF has been defeated,you don't even need to break any demon altar for that.Let's rename it Chlorophyte Gunbow.It's a chlorophyte shotbow,except...It can fire BULLETS!And arrows,of course.It still does a spread so yeah...Not many changes.

Shotgun is on a completely different tier and is laughably slow. The chlorophyte shotbow fires 2-4 arrows per shot giving it an edge over the hallowed repeater in terms of ammo reduction costs, plus the added effect of multiple projectiles. While it may have less damage, will hitting a single target with one arrow, or 4 arrows?

The two also share the same use time and nearly identical velocities.

So in other words, I would say no thanks to this.

And also, ammo mixing is a big no no. Guns and bows/ repeaters have stats balanced on their ammo, and this would twist that balance. Plus, firing musket balls out of a repeater makes absolutely no sense.

Chlorophyte Shotbow can get really powerful when used alongside Holy Arrows as that multiplies the number of stars by 3. It can be considered an early-game Tsunami at this point, taking into consideration Tsunami is currently the highest dps ranged weapon in the game if not the highest dps weapon of the whole game. Weapons that work differently must never be compared to other weapons that are "considered" better, as they might turn out to be not in every situation. I don't know why you are even mentioning the shotgun.

I've nothing to add that other people haven't except for this: The shotbow is powerful. I think that it's a great upgrade to the hallowed repeater, and like W1K said, it's like an early game tsunami. I've used it for the frost and pumpkin moons and I found it useful for plantera as well. Also, what special bullet can do something that arrows in a rapid-fire shotbow can't? Just load the bow with icor or holy arrows and you're ready to go. If what you want is an upgraded shotgun or hallowed repeater, I'd say that the chlorophyte shotbow does that great!

It's a crossbow. A crossbow doesn't fire bullets. I don't see a point to this suggestion.
Shotgun is on a completely different tier and is laughably slow. The chlorophyte shotbow fires 2-4 arrows per shot giving it an edge over the hallowed repeater in terms of ammo reduction costs, plus the added effect of multiple projectiles. While it may have less damage, will hitting a single target with one arrow, or 4 arrows?

The two also share the same use time and nearly identical velocities.

So in other words, I would say no thanks to this.

And also, ammo mixing is a big no no. Guns and bows/ repeaters have stats balanced on their ammo, and this would twist that balance. Plus, firing musket balls out of a repeater makes absolutely no sense.
But... it's a repeater... why would it shoot bullets? (Also, why is the "no" option so rude? What if I don't like the idea but I also don't want anyone to die?)
No...Terraria'scontent is nonsense and things that do not exist.These arguments are IN-VA-LID.

Shoots arrows and bullets? No, no way!

Also, I think the name right now is perfect. Something about Gunbow sounds improper
So no to gunbow...Crossrifle then?

A dual-ammo weapon COULD have potential... but replacing the Chlorophyte Shotbow with one, especially since the main reason here seems to be misconceptions, is a no from me.
So then i'm changing the idea to:Shroomite Crossrifle.Atleast chlorophyte gunbiow stays.I'm removing the rude option also.

By the way sorry for me not correcting the rude option,i can't seem to be able to edit the answer.I asked for it to be closed in 1 hour so...
EDIT:As of now,the suggestion is Shroomite Crossrifle , don't get confused.
You can report the original post to ask a moderator to change the title and the poll. I still want to know though, why did you want to give the shotbow the ability to fire bullets in the first place?

It would be a good idea to have a weapon that fires arrows and bullets... but the Chlorophyte Gunbow isn't happening. Sorry. The developers aren't changing it.
Remember,i changed it to Shroomite Crossrifle.Go see!
EDIT:As of now,the suggestion is Shroomite Crossrifle , don't get confused.

You can report the original post to ask a moderator to change the title and the poll. I still want to know though, why did you want to give the shotbow the ability to fire bullets in the first place?
Because the shotbow sucks on mobile/console,and since features of PC version comes into console,i could throw away my vulcan repeater which killed me 13 times for real.

Yes! There has to be some kind of Shroomite weapon.
Yes.There is actually a shroomite pickaxe,but not weapon.Also i think the mterial matches good with what it does because shroomite is for ranged.Also i'm putting stats here:
73 damage
13 use time
Same velocity as high velocity bullets.
Crafted with:
20 shroomite bars,and 15 souls of light and sight.

No, look it up on the wiki, the digging claws are also an axe.
I never said it's not an axe.But i said it's purpose is to be a pickaxe,not an axe.It means that the shroomite digging claw wasn't supposed to be an axe,but the devlopers made it have axe power.BTW i've created a new suggestion in "Items".

Do not insult other forum users.
...Right.

The shotbow has comparable damage to the Megashark. If it wasn't for crystal bullets, the Shotbow would be better.
We are not talking about that right now.
Now the idea is the Shroomite Crossrifle,idiot.Read the messages at least.

Back
Top Bottom