Resolved The Grand Design not working

PneumaOfficial

Terrarian
Using the dedicated server from the official website, Terraria, I am unable to use the grand design.
(you can find it in the footer at the veeeery bottom)

Yes I am using place mode.
Yes I have the red wire selected, and plenty of it in my inventory.
Yes I have tried relogging.
Yes I have tried in singleplayer, it works there.

I have no clue if this issue persists when joining a player via steam, this is just on the dedicated server.

I noticed someone else attempted to report this to a dev, but the dev stopped replying to that thread after they stated it wasn't working in multiplayer.

Terraria_qd0Non3IC4.gif

as you can imagine, it is next to impossible to work with this report because obviously it works fine when we try it, and there are no special things you did that could be used to reproduce this

yes, and it works just fine
my guess is that you don't actually have wires or that your server silently crashed and you haven't been disconnected yet

yes, and it works just fine
my guess is that you don't actually have wires or that your server silently crashed and you haven't been disconnected yet
I actually figured out the issue. I had TOO many wires in my void bag. Guess the game can't handle much ammo of something or it exceeds the max integer limit.

wires are only consumed from the inventory including the ammo and coin slots.
could you share the exact conditions under which the grand design did not work for you so that we can replicate it?

i just filled my entire inventory except one slot for the grand design with wires and it still worked fine, for reference

I also have some problems with the grand design item, but in a completely different way. I can place wires, but I can't switch modes.
Edit: I posted too soon, and now it works. But it still only works sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom