PC Good. Bad. I'm the Guy with the YoYo: The Terraria 1.3 Official Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about anyone else but I feel like this update should be a DLC that costs like $5 - $10.

187949.jpg

HYPE TRAIN SPEED INCREASED

Has anyone else had troubles trying to use the new blocks and tiles in 1.2 to be more creative instead of using the basic building materials to make houses? I've noticed I have and with 1.3 I'm going to be so far behind....

It's going to be easier for me to make stuff, or at least I hope, otherwise I'll still be making houses out of wood and gray brick.

thanks re-logic. hope 505 games makes xbox 1.3. :(:redmunch:
[DOUBLEPOST=1435154119,1435153954][/DOUBLEPOST]i will play trove not as good as this game nut still good
[DOUBLEPOST=1435154148][/DOUBLEPOST]but not nut
[DOUBLEPOST=1435154513][/DOUBLEPOST]k bye goin to play terraria

I'll say again, It's simply a Restored Starfury. But because two items can't share the same name, They changed it to Star Wraith and adjusted the values so both the original, And new Star Fury's could exist in the game without one outshining the other.

I find the progression was simply the best means of implementing it back into the game, The new Starfury is excellent as a early melee weapon, And a good tool to utilize when exploring underground. The original version always excelled at crowd control, It's fitting to put it endgame, Especially with a wave-type boss.

You can consider it an upgrade, Yes. But I, And many other people are simply going to see it as a Restored item rather than an upgraded item. (You could think of it as something like a True Night's Edge. It's not so much as an upgrade, As it is a restoration on the item.)
You have no idea how it's been rebalanced or revalued, or even know if it has or hasn't, I don't think you should speak for the Devs unless you know exactly how it's been implemented, and what/if changes were made. Now if you can cite specifically, from some part in the video, the exact damage and stat values, and they are comparatively the SAME with the old one, yes you are right. Even then, that doesn't mean that it won't change in the future, this is only the trailer, not the game changelog.

SO many spoilers too many , I'am vomiting joy right now.
Just when i thought they weren't going to make a trailer.
Maybe just maybe if i keep watching it time will speed up dramatically to 1.3
Seriously if this DOESNT make u wanna play Terraria then i don't know what will.

Last edited:
You have no idea how it's been rebalanced or revalued, or even know if it has or hasn't, I don't think you should speak for the Devs unless you know exactly how it's been implemented, and what/if changes were made. Now if you can cite specifically, from some part in the video, the exact damage and stat values, and they are comparatively the SAME with the old one, yes you are right. Even then, that doesn't mean that it won't change in the future, this is only the trailer, not the game changelog.

I never said I was speaking for a dev, This is all my own speculation based on what was seen in the video. Naturally people are going look at things differently and as a result have differing opinions about what they observed.

Let me try and explain this for you. The Star Wraith was being displayed against an end-game boss, That stands to suggest that it's something effective endgame, And because the original Starfury was a weaker sword attainable prehardmode this implies that its damage, And possibly other things regarding it have been altered to make it effective. (Hence the reason I said changed stats/damage values)

The attack pattern of the Star Wraith causes multiple stars, Roughly 2-3 to rain down with each swing of the sword all causing damage to enemies. Compare the attack pattern to that of the original Starfury (Which I linked earlier), It's fairly safe to assume that used to the same code from the original Starfury for this weapon, However because two weapons can't share the same name they went Wrath opposed to Fury.

I also explained why I think it was a good decision to implement endgame opposed to early along side the other Starfury, The reasoning is because the classic Starfury was more of a crowd control weapon, So implementing alongside a wave-type boss would be a smart decision.

These are all things I've collected from the trailer and have formed an opinion from, Don't confuse that with me stating these are absolute facts with the game.

Last edited:
I never said I was speaking for a dev, This is all my own speculation based on what was seen in the video. Naturally people are going look at things differently and as a result have differing opinions about what they observed.

Let me try and explain this for you. The Star Wraith was being displayed against an end-game boss, That stands to suggest that it's something effective endgame, And because the original Starfury was a weaker sword attainable prehardmode this implies that it's damage, And possibly other things regarding it have been altered to make it effective. (Hence the reason I said changed stats/damage values)

I also explained why I think it was a good decision to implement endgame opposed to early along side the other Starfury, The reasoning is because the classic Star Fury was more of a crowd control weapon, So implementing alongside a wave-type boss would be a smart decision.

This is all things I've collected from the trailer and have formed an opinion from, Don't confuse that with me stating this that are absolute facts with the game.
I understand that, but you're arguing over rather or not it's a 'restoration' or an 'implementation,' and not presenting your inferences as speculation, the fact is, it is really hard to be right when your information can only be partially correct. The point is, it doesn't really matter. There is no reason to make it such a huge deal and decide which trivial title is right, especially before even having played the game. There are a million other things to contemplate in that spoiler video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom