Terraria 1.3.0.4 is Live - Changelog Included

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno about you guys, I'm excited for most of these changes. I think Moon Lord is getting more and more "just right".
I'm actually rather excited - The Moon Lord is slowly becoming an actual lord as the patches come through.

Did a quick DPS test to see if the claims were true about the Tsunami being stronger than the Phantasm.

Keep in mind this was against a dummy for the Tsunami with Luminite Arrows, while the Phantasm with Luminite Arrows was used against the Twins for a constant stream of DPS (and only to focus on one eye at a time). I used every buff potion available, with a full lucky set, a Vortex set, and the following accessories on an expert world:

-Solar Wings
-Ankh Shield
-Celestial Stone
-Destroyer Emblem
-Sniper Scope
-Worm Scarf

My grand total critical hit chance was 90% for both weapons, so results may vary. This was tested over a 10 second period.

Tsunami:
gSM7SRW.png

Phantasm:
Av1vai2.png

Notes: Although the numbers are neither stable nor concrete, damage for the Tsunami ranged from 7,000-8,000 DPS, while damage for the Phantasm also ranged from 7,000-8,000 DPS. Tsunami shoots 5 arrows, while Phantasm shoots 4, with "phantom" arrows if you land your hits.

I personally don't mind the Phantasm nerf at all, I didn't use it much. Although, I will say it doesn't make sense to hit it *too* hard with the nerf bat. Just a thought.

You actually need to use both weapons on the same enemy, because of armor values. But thanks for doing the test.

Considering that you need to land hits consistently with Phantasm to get the bonus attack, and the damage dealt, I would say Tsunami is the better bow at this point.

will test
already did, the DPS meter (this was on the solar pillar, with the stardust dragon and the lunar portal staff up) using the nebula armor (+15% damage, why would you not use it even if you aren't doing mage) hit 12k, absolutely insane, all of my accessorys were menacing btw

That's alright... kinda.
As long as they don't make his deathray go through walls, i can still beat him.

already did, the DPS meter (this was on the solar pillar, with the stardust dragon and the lunar portal staff up) using the nebula armor (+15% damage, why would you not use it even if you aren't doing mage) hit 12k, absolutely insane, all of my accessorys were menacing btw

I wonder if menacing is better than arcane for Prism. Is the inflicted damage more than the longer sustained beam?

I wonder if menacing is better than arcane for Prism. Is the inflicted damage more than the longer sustained beam?
correct, but the mana useage is insane, no matter what even with full nebula armor effects to have the beam constantly going you need 75 greater mana potions and a mana flower

Last prism's mechanics are good, and the dps utopian. But i obliterated about 1 mana potion every 2 seconds, which isn't nice for my potion stock, and even less for my dps, since you have reduced magic damage for 10 seconds after you take a mana potion.

correct, but the mana useage is insane, no matter what even with full nebula armor effects to have the beam constantly going you need 75 greater mana potions and a mana flower

That's not ideal. After the 3rd mana potion you have a 50% damage penalty. Rather get more mana (thus more regen) and fire it in long bursts, with recharge pauses.

Last prism's mechanics are good, and the dps utopian. But i obliterated about 1 mana potion every 2 seconds, which isn't nice for my potion stock, and even less for my dps, since you have reduced magic damage for 10 seconds after you take a mana potion.
i had 12k dps WITH the debuff, lol, just farm platnium and you've got enough mana potions for life, i perfer to have max 4 stacks of potions on me at any given time

i had 12k dps WITH the debuff, lol, just farm platnium and you've got enough mana potions for life, i perfer to have max 4 stacks of potions on me at any given time
Except i'm a mage, and if you're using it, you must be too. Meaning you'll be using this thing ALL THE TIME.
I can't spend one day without having to put in at least several plats for these pots. My wizard is goddamn richer than tax collector by now.

You actually need to use both weapons on the same enemy, because of armor values. But thanks for doing the test.

Considering that you need to land hits consistently with Phantasm to get the bonus attack, and the damage dealt, I would say Tsunami is the better bow at this point.

There's a time period where the eyes sit still, so I landed all of my attacks on one eye until it died. But you're right about the armor differences. Though their actual armor is 10, which means that 5 of the damage from the Phantasm is negated, meaning you're subtracting 189 DPS, or about that (so you're looking at ~6900 DPS, give or take). Think of that as more of an estimate, not a concrete factual analysis. I'd say the Phantasm is better if you can land your hits consistently (but only slightly). If not, then the Tsunami is a better solution. The only major difference is that the Phantasm provides you with a 66% chance not to consume ammo, whereas the Tsunami doesn't provide anything like that at all.

Well, my Last Prism is Mystic, from what I've seen the best it can get is either Mystic (+10% Dmg, -17% Mana Use) or Demonic (+15% Dmg, +5% Crit chance) you really just have to pick one. I will say that with that reduction it's not so bad even with only 200 Mana and no mage bonuses.

DUDE getting a boss to drop something you've been farming for days is a feeling like no other.

that lunar portal staff is alright, I haven't tested it using the Stardust Armour though, so if you have 9 of them at once... yeah.
not possible with it being considered a turret

If one uses holy arrows, Tsunami should do more damage in a real fight. One has to be a really damn good not to miss at all with Phantasm, and it seems to me like the arrows are closer together than the Tsunami ones.
[DOUBLEPOST=1436496299,1436496216][/DOUBLEPOST]
God, this should be a live chat. I'm tired of pressing F5 every 5 seconds to see the latest messages.

The best part is that the discussions start to diverge to different topics, so it's soon going to be a mess. My sense of humor might be unsettling though.

If one uses holy arrows, Tsunami should do more damage in a real fight. One has to be really damn good not to miss at all with Phantasm, and it seems to me like the arrows are closer together than the Tsunami ones.
Except few people in the entire universe use holy arrows. At least of my knowledge.

From what i've seen, 90% of it is luminite (which is actually the best) and venom (for those who didn't switch out yet)

Also, http://prntscr.com/7qxdjl

If one uses holy arrows, Tsunami should do more damage in a real fight. One has to be really damn good not to miss at all with Phantasm, and it seems to me like the arrows are closer together than the Tsunami ones.
[DOUBLEPOST=1436496299,1436496216][/DOUBLEPOST]

The best part is that the discussions diverge to different topics, so it's soon going to be a mess. My sense of humor might be unsettling though.
the phantasm is autouse and does more damage, so i'm fine with that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom