Weapons & Equip Slime Armor

why not make it so that you have an open acessory and a small boost in slime power?
While it is nice to have an open accessory slot, It's meant to be a reward for killing king slime, so I'd like to have it be that rather than having it feel more like a crafting material. It serves it's purpose and having an item replicate makes it pointless. Updated original suggestion to have a 30% slime damage reduction so that this Royal Gel still has it's use.

I feel that armor exclusive to certain players is dumb. Even if it's something as simple as this.

Well, think about this. This is a completely cool post because it makes it good for early game summoners to get their game on without having to get materials for later use such as Bee armor. Having it exclusive to expert mode would be pointless. Why go into an expert mode world with the intent for an exclusive armor when you can get the same in a normal world? I find it dumb. And Summoners shouldn't need to go into an expert mode world just to get armor. They already have it tough enough, amirite?

Yup, I'm not disagreeing, while it may seem like I am.
Mostly meant that there's nothing saying we can't have expert mode only armor (personally think it would be awesome.)

But yeah, not for this armor I guess, I will slowly walk out of this thread, already said what I wanted. :p

While it is nice to have an open accessory slot, It's meant to be a reward for killing king slime, so I'd like to have it be that rather than having it feel more like a crafting material. It serves it's purpose and having an item replicate makes it pointless. Updated original suggestion to have a 30% slime damage reduction so that this Royal Gel still has it's use.
Wile this is true note that the three mechanical bosses expert drops are materials for a minecart, and the final boss drops luminite which is also a crafting material

Yup, I'm not disagreeing, while it may seem like I am.
Mostly meant that there's nothing saying we can't have expert mode only armor (personally think it would be awesome.)
I totally agree. An expert mode only armor would be awesome as a final reward (COUGH better than the gravity globe which is made almost pointless COUGH) but right now is not the time. Thanks for your suggestions! :p
[DOUBLEPOST=1438884406,1438884387][/DOUBLEPOST]
Wile this is true note that the three mechanical bosses expert drops are materials for a minecart, and the final boss drops luminite which is also a crafting material
Luminite isn't an expert mode drop, though.

I totally agree. An expert mode only armor would be awesome as a final reward (COUGH better than the gravity globe which is made almost pointless COUGH) but right now is not the time. Thanks for your suggestions! :p
in agreement here lol
[DOUBLEPOST=1438884485][/DOUBLEPOST]
no but it pushes my point all bosses have an item they drop used in crafting why not give royal gel a little more purpose? plus king slimes only crafting drop is gel... he could do better

It's still crafting in general. And I think that it's very well good enough for it. I don't see why we need more crafting materials for king slime.
solidifier was first steampunkers then got moved to king slime i think he could use one last crafting bit so people can truly be a king ( or queen) of slimes
[DOUBLEPOST=1438884879,1438884843][/DOUBLEPOST]
No prob. Might remake the thread in my own terms and touch upon the pixel art.
may the best idea win :D

Right, I'm just saying, he drops plenty of it, plus he drops a special station to use it on. King Slime's crafting related drops shouldn't really be a worry.

Hmmm...
Why are you trying to introduce a new item drop from King Slime when you could just make it require the slime blocks you make from the Solidifier?
Since the sprite you've made has a crown on it, how about...

Headpiece: Gold/Platinum Crown + 20 Slime Blocks + 5 Pink Slime Blocks
Chest piece: 1 Ruby + 35 Slime Blocks + 15 Pink slime blocks
Leg piece: 1 Ruby + 25 Slime Blocks + 10 Pink Slime Blocks
So in total, you'd need 3 rubies, 5 gold bars, 80 Gel, and 30 Pink Gel.

Since you need the solidifier to craft these pieces, it keeps it so you need to beat the King at least once to craft it, which is pretty difficult with only a single 8-damage baby slime.

Now, as for the stats...
Summoners have the lowest defense. This set shouldn't have very much armor (At least, not the Normal Slime Armor. Royal Slime Armor can keep the 10 Defense.) or else it will completely over-shadow the Bee Armor, instead of being a side-grade at best. (Trading a minion for more armor and general minon %damage). I'd suggest halving it to 5 or less, especially since it gives you 4 total minions. I've seen how crazy powered-up baby slimes can get. They're insane! The EoW didn't stand a chance against them, ha ha. One thing to note: Because of how low the damage of baby slimes is, the 15% damage bonus equates to about... +1 damage. :v Perhaps the bonus should be "Slime minions do +3 damage". The Slime mount can keep the +15%, since it does about 40 already, so the +15% would help it nicely.

Edit:
(I missed a few posts above me, which kinda went over the solidifer a bit. Whoops. Still, you must remember, King Slime is more of a Mini-boss, as he has no connection to the state of your world's progression. He doesn't really need a special crafting drop when he already drops the solidifier.)

Last edited:
Hmmm...
Why are you trying to introduce a new item drop from King Slime when you could just make it require the slime blocks you make from the Solidifier?
Since the sprite you've made has a crown on it, how about...

Headpiece: Gold/Platinum Crown + 20 Slime Blocks + 5 Pink Slime Blocks
Chest piece: 1 Ruby + 35 Slime Blocks + 15 Pink slime blocks
Leg piece: 1 Ruby + 25 Slime Blocks + 10 Pink Slime Blocks
So in total, you'd need 3 rubies, 5 gold bars, 80 Gel, and 30 Pink Gel.

Since you need the solidifier to craft these pieces, it keeps it so you need to beat the King at least once to craft it, which is pretty difficult with only a single 8-damage baby slime.

Now, as for the stats...
Summoners have the lowest defense. This set shouldn't have very much armor (At least, not the Normal Slime Armor. Royal Slime Armor can keep the 10 Defense.) or else it will completely over-shadow the Bee Armor, instead of being a side-grade at best. (Trading a minion for more armor and general minon %damage). I'd suggest halving it to 5 or less, especially since it gives you 4 total minions. I've seen how crazy powered-up baby slimes can get. They're insane! The EoW didn't stand a chance against them, ha ha. One thing to note: Because of how low the damage of baby slimes is, the 15% damage bonus equates to about... +1 damage. :v Perhaps the bonus should be "Slime minions do +3 damage". The Slime mount can keep the +15%, since it does about 40 already, so the +15% would help it nicely.
im not suggesting a new item im just suggesting a good armor set however the thought on the added ore isnt a bad thought..

(I missed a few posts above me, which kinda went over the solidifer a bit. Whoops. Still, you must remember, King Slime is more of a Mini-boss, as he has no connection to the state of your world's progression. He doesn't really need a special crafting drop when he already drops the solidifier.)
Nice Suggestions, by the way. I just felt that since he officially has an expert mode drop, he should be more involved. What do you think?

Nice Suggestions, by the way. I just felt that since he officially has an expert mode drop, he should be more involved. What do you think?
Im confused abit please unconfuse me..
[DOUBLEPOST=1438901445,1438901320][/DOUBLEPOST]And too slime girl i will change the original to include your ores and the stat bits thanks so much for the suggestions

Im confused abit please unconfuse me..
Well, king slime was more of a miniboss. He's a boss that wasn't mandatory to finish the game, just a fun little side thing. But with 1.3 out and he's got new AI along with new attacks and new drops, (including the expert mode drop) I felt he wasn't involved enough with the game and I wanted something else. Get it now?

Back
Top Bottom