[0.1v-alpha] Auto swing mod

UnTraDe

Terrarian
Simple mod for Terraria that removes the need to click repeatly to attack with weapons (AKA auto-reuse)
Works with latest Windows version 1.4.0.2. You can download it from here: UnTraDe/terraria-autoswing
Works on both mutliplayer and singleplayer, no need to install on server-side.

How to use:
  1. Launch Terraria
  2. Enter some world
  3. Launch terraria-autoswing.exe
  4. Wait until:
pattern found, nopping...
done

Have fun!

(Note: After you done this once, you don't need to do it again even if you switch worlds. But you do need to do it again if you exit Terraria completely)

Disclaimer: Since this method is using memory editing (similiar to what a lot of hacks are doing), it might be detected by anti-cheat protections like VAC and would result in ban. As far as I know VAC is not enabled for Terraria. I tried it myself on my Steam version and nothing happened, but just to be safe, I don't take any responsibility on what might happen

EDIT:
Update to Terraira 1.4.0.2

Last edited:
Fixed a major bug that rendered the mod unusable unless you launch the mod from a specific directory. I updated the link in the post to a working version.

hey just curious what did u use to decompile terraria? ilspy? and how did u fix all the compilation errors

I actually tried to do it this way at first, but after fixing all the errors the game kept crashing at random places (menu's, talking to npc's etc...). So I ended up doing the other way around, modifying the code after it is loaded into memory (and gets compiled to assembly from IL code). Because it's an IL code I was able to use Cheat Engine and WinDBG to easily find the neccesarry things in the compiled assembly. If you're interested, you can checkout the code on GitHub to get a sense of what I did there.

Thank you very much! Simple,yet amazing. I will let ya know if everything is wrong with the script (if there's bugs I mean).

I literally made an account so I could post in your thread. If there's one thing that always frustrated me to no end on this game, it was weapons that did not autoswing.
Your mod rescues my fingers from such horrors, and for that I thank you.

Just chiming in to wonder if there's any chance it'll get updated for the new version of the game.
Having played with it and now having to play without it is a real curse.

Just chiming in to wonder if there's any chance it'll get updated for the new version of the game.
Having played with it and now having to play without it is a real curse.
Yeah I'll update it to the new version today when I get home, is it crashing on 1.3.1? Or simply not working?

Yeah I'll update it to the new version today when I get home, is it crashing on 1.3.1? Or simply not working?

That's great news!
It is simply not working, at least on my experience. Launching it opens the cmd window that displays "done", but the "Ready!" messagebox never appears and the effect isn't applied in-game.

Back
Top Bottom