Recent content by Cronik

1. Cronik

tModLoader Luiafk - Unlimited/Combinable Potions, Autobuilding stuff and more

You sir are a scholar and a saint! How's it working for peeps, especially in multiplayer? Seem stable?
  2. Cronik

Terraria State of the Game - January 2021

OMG new game!!!
  3. Cronik

Terraria: Otherworld This is the End: Otherworld Development Cancelled

and most of those fall apart and they don't have to build core systems All of which is besides the point: there's probably ideas and concepts built into T:OW that they don't want to go public. Aside from it being cool to surprise people with it as a finished product down the road, they also...
  4. Cronik

I *do* have a serious concern for future terraria sequels: funding. You guys went external for a lot of your stuff, and now I'm wondering how much revenue you can realistically expect to bring in to properly develop something like terraria 2 internally. Maybe console terraria can bring in...
  5. Cronik

That's more than fair as an answer and more than I expected to get, so thanks!
  6. Cronik

What is this? Steam? Oh wait you have to pay for unfinished games there. All kidding aside I don't see this happening. I'd LOVE to play around with it myself but I imagine they cancelled it for a reason and have zero desire to make it public. Especially since there's aspects of it they're...
  7. Cronik

I still believe that terraria can do storydriven and tower defense correctly. Difficulty settings can be applied to protect the creative types who don't want to feel the pressure. The dungeon defenders crossover isn't base defense in terraria btw... its just a nifty event. I think a lot of...
  8. Cronik

Would the team be willing to speak towards whether they still saw value in the core concepts? I think many of us are curious on whether it was the core concepts or execution that you guys lost faith in. I get that merely stating things you might have liked about the core (storyline? base...
  9. Cronik

Think of it as art: as an artist, at some point you're looking at a painting that isn't turning out, and you realize that trying to fix it will take more work than just starting over. Worse, you realize that you've grown to dislike what the painting has turned into, and you don't have a...
  10. Cronik

You've never done wrong by us, not once. You maybe made mistakes as a company, as all companies have, but you've never once done wrong by your customers. Which is why you've gotten the response you have. We're disappointed but still supportive of you as a company, and look forward to what...
  11. Cronik

One Terraria: An Introduction & Future Impacts

Huh? That's the whole point of this thread... all the consoles are being brought in line with the PC vanilla version. As for Occram: he's not up to Terraria's quality. He's a reskin, and a subpar one at that. I completely agree with taking him out as a quality-control issue. If ReLogic...
  12. Cronik

One Terraria: An Introduction & Future Impacts

So, for the record (and this is a true story) I showed my wife the initial PS3 trailer for Terraria, and what sold her on it was the cute little squeaking guinea pig at the end of it. We have like 8 guinea pigs, so it sold us immediately. We literally bought a PS3 and the terraria game...
  13. Cronik

Terraria: Otherworld Changing of the Guard: An Update from Otherworld

I was referring more to the work done by the previous company on T:OW. And creating a game is different than modding. Ever modded something and wished you could do something, but couldn't because it would crash the game if you tried? ie the code wouldn't allow for it? I shouldn't really...
  14. Cronik

Quick question: is there really a gain to keeping much of the code? Is it faster to code from scratch or for the new team to build off of what is already there? I imagine some of the systems and of course the assets could be used, but curious on whether it would be easier to code anew and make...
  15. Cronik

Loki: just to be clear, I think most of us fully understand that this was a rock/hard place for you guys. I don't disagree with any of the choices you've made recently, and I think you're handling all this as well as you can. It just sucks for us, even if it IS what's best for the IP in the...
Back
Top Bottom