Recent content by Dmitri

1. Dmitri

Question: How does king slime spawn smaller slimes?

After a more controlled test, It looks like it might be hp-based On normal mode, it appears that: Approximately avery 5% hp lost (there are 19 thresholds), King Slime will spawn 1-3 blue slimes (seemingly at random, need to verify). If he loses more than 5% hp at once, he will still only spawn...
  2. Dmitri

Items Accentuator

Having this accented version of every block would be way too many extra items in my personal opinion. A tool might be better. Being able to control the tile blending behaviour of blocks sounds interesting. I'm thinking about how an accented tile could work: A: accented tiles only blend with...
  3. Dmitri

Question: How does king slime spawn smaller slimes?

-- I'm looking for mechanically how king slime determines how many blue slimes to spawn and when. -- I noticed that the wiki page doesn't have any details about this, and only says "As King Slime takes damage, he spawns additional ordinary Blue Slimes". (please point me to the info if I missed...
  4. Dmitri

Game Mechanics Let's hear your best suggestions for seed combinations!

I don't know what combination this would go into, (probably relating to for the worthy) But opening a can of worms item should do something related to the idiom some Ideas: -explode -spawn a bunch of worm enemies -instead of going into your inventory the worm critters fly out in random...
  5. Dmitri

Items - Traveling Merchant's Phone Number - Call him, but accept the consequences!

I like the new description, but Could you include your original idea to keep the context of the thread? (and then the new idea as an addendum or reply?) since this new idea is quite different from the original post
  6. Dmitri

Game Mechanics Ancient Chisel as a Tool

I feel like there is something interesting here Currently there's not really a quick convenient way to strip lots of moss, grass, and most background objects without touching the supporting tiles (that I'm aware of). I could see it being useful to be able to clear out stuff like this using...
  7. Dmitri

Items Beehive Sentry

I had this idea as well and would love to see it in the game! I agree it would make sense grouped in with the queen bee crafts, as it would also be buffed by the hive pack, and would pair nicely with the hornet staff and bee armor Being a rapidly hitting sentry that also tracks enemies, I...
  8. Dmitri

Items Slimeshot Staff - Pre-OOA sentry dropped from King Slime

This is such a cute idea and I like it a lot The only issue I have is at the moment there isn't really a good definition for what "stunned" means. (the closest thing I can think of is the confusion debuff) it certainly would be interesting to have an item this early on that can inflict confusion
  9. Dmitri

Game Mechanics Let's hear your best suggestions for seed combinations!

I like the idea of beehives crushing you like rolling cacti do and dart traps shooting more bees instead of darts hell, explosives should spawn (explosive) bees as well if you don't survive the initial blast
  10. Dmitri

Items Protection Monolith

Something that comes to mind is a new coating type: We have echo coating, that makes tiles invisible. How about something like a "Lihzahrd brick glaze" that makes any tile it's painted on as durable as Lihzahrd bricks (the toughest block in the game)? You can't really softlock yourself with it...
  11. Dmitri

Game Mechanics Unique Prefixes for Summoner Staves

Maybe a "velocity" modifier that affects minion movement speed and projectile speed? I imagine a higher velocity could possibly make both melee and ranged minions more consistent. I like the idea of tag being affected by modifiers (could this work for whips as well? idk)
  12. Dmitri

Items - Traveling Merchant's Phone Number - Call him, but accept the consequences!

ooh that would be a cute reference I think the reference could work for OP's idea as well, for the wall decoration item that attracts the merchant.
  13. Dmitri

I like this idea, it sounds balanced and useful Except for the method of obtaining. idk, I don't really like it simply being an absurdly expensive item from the travelling merchant himself. maybe if it was a craft or a drop from something? Or not quite so expensive (10 platinum is a lot) -- my...
  14. Dmitri

Items - AREA FILLER - Fill a Closed Area With Blocks or Walls

If I understand correctly: you simply use this tool on any (small enough) enclosed space, and it starts filling it in? I think this is cool, I support it. The placement speed maybe should be only slightly faster, if any faster than the default, encouraging the player to use the brick layer...
  15. Dmitri

Blocks & Decoration Purify Gravestones (a way to avoid the mini biome)

It would make sense to me to be able to take regular tombstones, and either shimmer/craft them into "safe" tombstones, the same way you can create "unsafe" versions of certain wall types. Like, "Cleansed/Purified Tombstone" would work (similar to "unsafe dungeon wall" or "infested spider wall")...
Back
Top Bottom