Recent content by Dreadnautilus5000

1. Dreadnautilus5000

Terraria State of the Game - May 2022

Well yes, but you can't use the true melee playstyle on everything. Terra Blade might not be a S tier weapon without the beam, since Duke, Empress and Moon Lord are difficult to facetank, and the blade isn't really that good for crowd control (PM and FM doesn't count, they are more similar to a...
  2. Dreadnautilus5000

Can we stop talking about Terra Blade, it is most definitely not a true melee weapon. The insane DPS with the blade isn't the only thing contributing to its power, the beam actually does help a lot and enables it to one of the best choices for OOA and the lunar events. And if the only argument...
  3. Dreadnautilus5000

Not what I meant at all. You do realize it is possible to invest heavily in defensive stats without trying to actively be inside the enemy hitbox to deal damage? I would like you to wake up to the reality that other classes can wear defensive accessories and have Warding while still keeping a...
  4. Dreadnautilus5000

Their concern is completely valid. True melee in this game is really bad, facetanking only works for specific weapons that can kill the boss quickly enough. Good luck facetanking Skeletron Prime with a Phasesaber. And it's not as if tanking is reserved for true melee, in fact I'd argue that...
  5. Dreadnautilus5000

Look at the SotG banner, it clearly shows regular Excalibur with a similar but shorter special effect to reworked True Excalibur.
  6. Dreadnautilus5000

No, Terra Blade literally has a new projectile, it's just going to look different. Look closely at the top left of the Empress image. Pretty sure that the changes listed here in purely text have not been spoiled before this SotG, and we certainly didn't know for certain that Excalibur was...
  7. Dreadnautilus5000

Fledgling Wings, a Balanced Proposal.

Cloud in a Bottle, Boots and Wings is fair, but Pygmy Necklace is locked behind Queen Bee, Feral Claws are only for whips and melee weapons, and Chisel is only used for mining so once you're not mining you can just take it off. And if you already have wings then you won't need the horseshoe...
  8. Dreadnautilus5000

A LARGE AMOUNT of early Hardmode weapons tested against Expert Twins

I am in the process of redoing basically this entire thread. These tests were done like 10 months ago, and since then I have learned a lot, gotten better at the game, and realized how unoptimized these tests were. I didn't use minions alongside non-summon weapons, I didn't use Exquisitely...
  9. Dreadnautilus5000

“Doesn’t increase your airtime”?! It literally does, by a whopping 4 seconds. And Hermes Boots can’t run in the air, nor benefit from movement speed bonuses. And don’t call an item “garbage” based on dodging zombies. What if I need to get over a giant pool of water with piranhas in it? Is Cloud...
  10. Dreadnautilus5000

I have spoken to Leinfors in a Discord server and he talks about how the Terraria community pushes so much for symmetry, and based on what he said about this it doesn’t seem like floating islands are supposed to be alternatives to anything. How about instead of trying to bring Fledgling Wings...
  11. Dreadnautilus5000

But why. Fledgling Wings are not supposed to be any kind of counterpart to Magic Carpet, this just seems like some kind of dumb connection you're making up. Stuff like the Corruption and the Crimson are supposed to be counterparts, considering they are mutually exclusive on world creation (drunk...
  12. Dreadnautilus5000

Journey's End 1.4: Official Item Balance Feedback and Discussion Thread

Staff of Regrowth only breaks blooming herbs when they're planted in Clay Pots or Planter Boxes, it doesn't break unbloomed herbs like pickaxes do. That allows you to run through holding down M1 and only harvest the blooming herbs.
  13. Dreadnautilus5000

An INNUMERABLE amount of weapons tested against Golem

I limited myself to Pre-Golem equipment, so I had 10 minions from Spooky armour, two scrolls, a Pygmy Necklace, and buffs. Tiki and Spooky provide the same number of minion slots however Spooky has a bigger damage increase, so there isn't any reason to use Tiki instead.
  14. Dreadnautilus5000

I don't disagree that there are a lot of mounts that are bad, however Pillion certainly isn't fine as-is. Winged Slime has 2.66 seconds of flight time (which is more than all pre-mech wings), negates fall damage, can glide, and has a hover. Just those things completely replace wings without...
  15. Dreadnautilus5000

I know that this isn't specifically related to balance, but I'd really appreciate this nonetheless. I think the Metal Detector and Lifeform Analyzer's priority lists should be looked at, because currently there are cases where it thinks something is more valuable/rare than it actually is. With...
Top Bottom