• PC NEWS: 1.4.2.3 update is out! More info here. Report bugs here
  • Journey's End on Xbox and PlayStation!: Get all the info by clicking here. As of Oct 19 a new patch has been released. Click here for Known Issues and FAQ. For any other bugs, report them (with as much detail as possible) here.
  • MOBILE NEWS: Stay up to date with the latest mobile news here. Report mobile bugs here

Recent content by John Snail

1. John Snail

tModLoader Subworld Library

There's an example in the repository and a page on the wiki, have you checked those out? I and another person who's been trying to figure out how to go about multiple servers have been stuck for months; I'm beginning to think it's not worth it.
  2. John Snail

PC Missing pixel on Leather Whip and likely other whips

All the methods that begin with DrawWhip_ share a lot of the same code, so it's safe to assume this is an issue with other whips as well.
  3. John Snail

Subworld Library allows you to do that!
  4. John Snail

That's a factor, though it's moreso that several mods are adding subworlds in future major updates, have subworlds but aren't released, or keeping the addition of subworlds secret. - Mod of Redemption - Shadows of Abaddon - Metroid Mod - Enigma - Risk of Slime Rain - Dissonant Duality - Definity...
  5. John Snail

There's a change in tML 1.4 that'll make this a lot easier. I suggest waiting for that.
  6. John Snail

tModLoader GaMeTerraria

This is most likely a conflict with another mod. Please provide a list of mods that you're using.
  7. John Snail

PC Unusual use sounds for certain items

Some new items added in 1.4 all make the same sound when used: Item113, Deadly Sphere Staff's sound. It's very unfitting for most, and I propose different sounds for them: Sanguine Staff: Item83 (Spider Staff) or Item113 (the only item where Deadly Sphere Staff's sound kind of fits) Blood...
  8. John Snail

Terraria State of the Game - February 2021

You might want to ask the tModLoader developers about how 1.4's going from now on; they could give far more specific information on its progress than "they work on it".
  9. John Snail

I'm considering per-subworld servers for 1.4, yes. Only if I manage to get it working using just one port, however. I'm guessing multiple ports would interfere with several things, such as firewalls and even Steam Multiplayer itself. After I overcome that obstacle, there's an even bigger...
  10. John Snail

PC Collector's Edition anti-piracy check is substantially weaker than in 1.3

A change to the boolean that determines whether the player starts with the Carrot and can summon the Bunny pet has inadvertently made it trivial to bypass. In 1.3, its value doesn't change, requiring a modification to the game's executable. In 1.4, it is set to true if the game detects that a...
  11. John Snail

Updated SubLib but not GMT since I thought no-one was really playing it lol
  12. John Snail

Pretty sure this is caused by GaMeTerraria, not Subworld Library itself. Did you mean to post this in GMT's thread? Either way, I'm aware of the issue and have fixed it for the next update.
  13. John Snail

Palladium Pike and Orichalcum Halberd's names are misnomers

Re-Logic's renamed at least a couple things so they make more sense, such as Orb of Light becoming Shadow Orb in 1.2, and very recently Venom becoming Acid Venom in 1.4.1.
  14. John Snail

Palladium Pike and Orichalcum Halberd's names are misnomers

Doesn't affect gameplay at all, but the names of Palladium Pike and Orichalcum Halberd don't match their sprites. The former looks more like a poleaxe, and the latter looks more like a bill. The fix would be to simply rename them to "Palladium Poleaxe" and "Orichalcum Bill", and change their...
  15. John Snail

**REPORTED** Large items appear tiny in chat

Items with textures larger than 32x32, such as the Breaker Blade, are downscaled twice when inserted into a chat message. Removing this statement in ItemSnippet.UniqueDraw... ...results in the items being correctly downscaled, even ones with very large textures (400x400 & 120x31)...
Top Bottom