Lyra

Sometimes I'm a pony!

I'm a pixel artist, and have a lot of time to kill. I'm heavily political too, though only to what objective truth and extrapolating from that can provide, and as a result I'm a conservative libertarian. My moral system is based on the principals of Christianity, the United State's constitution, and the Bill of Rights (technically part of the constitution.) I'm an INTP personality type, turbulent variety, with minor differences.

I'm also the one person at a party who seems cool up until you talk to him at which point you realize he's trying to ignore everybody else by saying as little as possible.

I find or come up with some of the worst puns you'll ever hear.
Re-Logic Games Owned
  1. Terraria: PC
  2. Terraria: PS3/Vita
  3. Terraria: Mobile
Occupation
Lyrist, pixel artist, political analyst, punster.

Signature

The totalitarian is far more dangerous than the authoritarian; both are of the same breed but the totalitarian is ideologically driven; they demand power, and they demand the survival of their beliefs. They will do anything necessary to see their plans through, and to ensure their ideal utopia is created -- even if it takes beating it into every single civilian's head bit by bit until it finally snaps.

They will seek control over every aspect of your life, they will tell you how and what to think. They seek total control of every aspect of public and private life, whether it be the media, your local church, down to what you eat and breathe, all commanded through the power of an ever-growing and strengthening iron-fisted bureaucracy. Beware the totalitarian, for they will do anything and everything to achieve their goals, including lying, manipulation, and especially the redressing of their ultimate goal in vaguely positive terms.

They are one and the same with the traitor; they work inside the walls, hacking away at society in the night and blaming it on those who genuinely care during the day congress. They are more dangerous than a standing army, more cunning than a thief, more vicious and ruthless than the worst of dictators, because they will bend you until you break and see everything their way, through social pressures and media influence, through denying you hope and initiating constant assaults on your beliefs. They don't like opposition; they don't want you to bow and say you're wrong; they want you to submit and believe, and that difference makes all the difference.

The totalitarian has absolutely no limits on his strategies, and they do not resort to excessive means unless necessary. They do not conquer with war; they conquer with psychology, and with infiltration. They impose their beliefs on the populace through secondary means, and erode the foundations of a culture. They kick up disputes; they promise the world in elections, hope, wonders, glory, and deliver naught but ruin and destruction. They divide the nation, and separate the people, all while pointing fingers at everybody else through subtle wording or full-blown media control, and use the ensuing waves to accumulate more and more power.

1984 was not a warning against communism or the likes of Stalinism, despite the many similarities, nor was it a warning against fascism. 1984 was a warning against totalitarianism, a fate we are swiftly headed towards today.

I despise the totalitarian, and everything they stand for; the destruction and elimination of freedom (except when applied to them), the vast concentration of power, the destructive and extremely manipulative tactics put forth by them, and the inhumane and uncaring way they go about these tasks, no matter the cost to others and humanity at a whole. Be warned, and be wary, of the social decay, cultural damage and increasingly dangerous forces of the government that signifies an approach into these regimes, and guard your freedoms well, because the world is but one misstep away from hell, and it only takes one or two lone generations to discard and underestimate their freedoms for these monsters to take hold.

I do pixel art on my Deviantart account, and have a bunch of pony sprites on the Starbound Forums.
Suggestions:
DNA Manipulation Chamber (Alter skin color, name, eye color, and gender)
Marbles (early-game spiky balls)
More NPC Quotes (self-explanatory)
Precog Tracker (arrow guidance system)
charge it, point it, zoom it, press it, snap it, work it, quick, erase it, write it, cut it, paste it, save it, load it, check it, quick, rewrite it

Trophies

1. 0

Putting Down Roots

You've been here four whole years and, like a flower, made the forum more beautiful with your presence.
  2. 0

I Have Many Leather-Bound Books....

1,095 days is a long time, indeed....and that's how long you've been a member of our Community!
  3. 0

The Fabric of Our Lives...

Two years as a Terrarian! Thanks for your continued support!
  4. 0

Origami!

Happy Paper Anniversary! You've been a member of the Terrarian Community for a full year!
  5. 0

Terraria: The world that has been pulled over your eyes...

The Terrariatrix has you! With 100 messages posted, it's too late to turn back now!
  6. 0

You like me...you really, really like me....

Somebody out there reacted positively to one of your messages. Keep posting like that for more!
  7. 0

Out of the Shadows...

A lurker no longer, you have posted your first message in our community forums!
Back
Top Bottom