Recent content by MageKing17

1. MageKing17

World load detector

You might also want to check out this compact world-load detector by @mikhail kerman.
  2. MageKing17

Journey's End 1.4.4: Balance Feedback and Discussion Thread

It's an annoying technical reason because critical hit chance is determined by the weapon you're holding, not the weapon the projectile came from; if summons had regular critical hits, you'd have to keep the summon weapon out all the time for that bonus to actually apply (and everyone would just...
  3. MageKing17

I've personally experienced both sides of this; I once thought I had an NPC close enough for happiness bonuses, but it turned out they weren't, and I was annoyed. Then I had all my NPCs carefully placed at certain distances from each other, and then the update came and rendered that careful...
  4. MageKing17

I never said (nor, I think, implied) that Morning Star was in a comparable tier to Kaleidoscope (while Empress is theoretically available pre-Golem, I can't imagine anyone actually beats her that early); however, it used to at least have a niche use in the endgame because it had the highest...
  5. MageKing17

**REPORTED** Princess is always sad

Note that she complains about loneliness whenever the number of NPCs between 50 and 240 tiles away is less than 2; if all (or all but one) of those other NPCs are close enough that she gives happiness quotes about them by name, they're too close for her to count them.
  6. MageKing17

To start with, I'm largely a fan of just about every change I've seen in this update; the Nightglow buff is especially noticeable, and I greatly appreciate Life Drain no longer draining mana when not actually hitting anything. The 20 extra mana from Celestial Cuffs is the cherry on top. Also...
  7. MageKing17

It has less range, but it also stacks with them, meaning that combining Treasure Magnet with, say, Gold Ring grabs coins from even further away; it also helps grab Nebula Armor buffs. I'm not sure what you mean by taking a second to grab items; do you just mean the time it takes for the item to...
  8. MageKing17

It's very simple to determine if a suggestion is outside the scope of this thread. Does it require new content? If so, it's outside the scope of this thread.
  9. MageKing17

There are plenty of whips in hardmode, but only one with the highest per-hit damage in the game; I'd rather keep that and tweak it into niche usability than fill in the prehardmode progression.
  10. MageKing17

I'd rather see Morning Star get a longer range than have its damage nerfed; it would even make for a better reference, since it wasn't exactly a short-ranged weapon in the source material.
  11. MageKing17

Frostburn already deals different damage to players and NPCs (6 vs. 8 DPS).
  12. MageKing17

PC Idea: "One-Time Use" Pressure Plates?

You can buy them from the Mechanic like the others.
  13. MageKing17

Uh... you literally just have to talk to them once, then look them up in the Bestiary. Otherwise I never would've bothered putting people in preferred biomes.
  14. MageKing17

Wavebank Persona 3&4 Megamix wave bank

Not simply; making even a minor change to a wavebank requires rebuilding in XACT.
  15. MageKing17

PC [Project] Monster/Player Proof House Entrance

What definition of "player-proof" are you using, exactly? Because no matter whether or not they can figure out how to engage the hoik/enter the password/whatever, it's not going to stop someone who just mines out a new entrance or teleports in with a Rod of Discord.
Back
Top Bottom