Recent content by NewRaven

1. NewRaven

Game Mechanics I think that the new luck stat mechanic is flawed

I think, the luck system in general is a good idea. But, it needs some re-adjustments... the ladybug-buff seems to be fairly random, because it is never explained within the game, at all. And while I think, the "use the right torch in the right biome to get a buff" and even the "use the wrong...
  2. NewRaven

What Mode will you be playing in 1.4?

Normal mode. This way I can experience the new stuff the way I'm used to, don't have the difficulty in my way of finding new things, but also have a decent balanced challenge... the "vanilla" experience so to say, but with all the new stuff. Journey mode isn't really an option for me... I...
  3. NewRaven

Terraria: Journey's End Launch Weekend Events

Okay... now, we have a problem. I want to be surprised by the game, but the curiosity is killing me. So... the best chance I have is to forbid myself to come back to this place until I have played Journey's End. I really wish I had more self-control and could read here without clicking on the...
  4. NewRaven

FORE-RRARIA! Hitting the Links with Terraria Golf

Personally, I'm neither into golf nor into such minigames. However, what I really love about Journeys End is, that you seem to have included something for everybody. Each and every player type gets something new and shiny to have fun with in "the final bug update" - and I love you for that...
  5. NewRaven

Mythical Beasts & Where to Farm Them: Exploring Terraria's Bestiary

If you don't mind switching from the game to a wiki to get your information, the wiki will probably still have more in-depth information, so I guess its still a good choice for some players. Me, personally, I hated to do that. I was so glad when Re-Logic implemented the crafting help for "The...
  6. NewRaven

With Great Power Comes Great Accessibility - Introducing Terraria's New Journey Mode

I would call it Creative Mode with a smart twist. While it's not something I personally would play, I can totally see why most people like the idea. Good job, like always :)
  7. NewRaven

Terraria State of the Game: November 2019

Of course, I'm a bit disappointed, too, but on the other hand... it's the last "big thing". It should be done right, so take all the time you need. On a side note... back in July, I wanted to start fresh all over with Terraria. I haven't played the game for real since 1.3.0.8... and after...
  8. NewRaven

Resolved [Mobile] Terraria mobile 1.3: Screen is pink i can only hear main menu music

Sorry to say that, but it seems, your device (P8 Lite) only supports OpenGL ES 2.0, while OpenGL ES 3 is a requirement for Terraria 1.3. This is probably the reason why you (and a lot of other users) are only seeing a pink screen with the new version. :( However, the game shouldn't have updated...
  9. NewRaven

1.3.4 is LIVE!

I'm a bit torn here... I like the new items, I like the mechanics of the new event overall and as a fan and owner of this game since mid 2011, I honestly love you guys for your on-going support and any new content you offer! However, I have to agree with @wrr377 a bit. This event, while fun...
  10. NewRaven

Official TerrariaOnline will be closing down soon.

Well, it's really sad... especially if you've read Kanes statment in the TO steam group, which goes a lot more into detail than what he wrote on TO. This guy has a huge part in Terraria's success, if you like it or not and at the end of the day, he was left by nearly everyone and screwed over by...
  11. NewRaven

PC Terraria 1.3.0.6 is Live!

That doesn't make much sense, considering that only very specfic builds use lifesteal at all. Thats like saying melee weapons are useless only because you could use magic or guns... or tools. And I'm with you. Yes, lifesteal is unfair to other playstyles. But as I said, prevent it (mostly) on...
  12. NewRaven

Remember how many people cried when vampire knifes get nerved? I'm not used to play mages myself and as primary playing as a "def tank" vampire knifes aren'tmuch useful for me either, but I know a lot of people who rely on one of those items. So yeah, its not less a playstyle than playing a pure...
  13. NewRaven

Nearly the same, however, its debuff is equal to all players and play styles. So its more similar to the Crawltipedes
  14. NewRaven

What is actually not a problem of the player, its a problem with the mechanic itself. And therefor there is no reason to allow that stuff the whole game, but make an exception only for the last boss. And thats the problem here (Fake Difficulty)
  15. NewRaven

In the best scenario its just "switch your strategy" or your playstyle... in the worst its farming days for the right equipment to play a game in way you didn't want to play it in the first place. The difference here is, they offer you a sandbox with 3 (or 4 with the summoner) rough edged...
Back
Top Bottom