Recent content by RandomComputerUser

1. RandomComputerUser

tModLoader Smooth Lighting

Those bugs have been fixed in my mod for 1.4 tModLoader, Fancy Lighting. I have no plans to continue working on this mod for 1.3 tModLoder.
  2. RandomComputerUser

tModLoader Fancy Lighting Mod

I've updated the mod to v0.2.0, adding a new lighting engine with directional shadows. This setting is disabled by default and needs to be enabled manually. You will need a fairly powerful CPU for it to run smoothly. See a demo here:
  3. RandomComputerUser

I've updated the mod to v0.1.1: Added new options to change the intensity and radius of ambient occlusion The default setting for ambient occlusion has been made slightly more subtle Ambient occlusion now has a higher resolution (1x1 instead of 2x2) Ambient occlusion no longer slightly darkens...
  4. RandomComputerUser

It’s definitely possible, but since the smooth lighting implementation is different I don’t really think it makes since to. In 1.3, the sky was darker during the night because the lighting was drawn over the sky as well, which also meant that you couldn’t see the moon. I don’t plan on...
  5. RandomComputerUser

I’ve released a new mod implementing fancy lighting in tModLoader 1.4—basically just smooth lighting and simulated ambient occlusion, similar to the setting of the same name in Minecraft. I’ve wanted to create a mod like this since I saw the released footage of Terraria: Otherworld, and I think...
  6. RandomComputerUser

There isn't any real reason, until now it's just been because I'm lazy and there wasn't much incentive. The next release should be open source. Linking to GitHub allows previous releases of mods to be easily distributed and must be done in order for an icon to appear in the mod browser.
  7. RandomComputerUser

No, this mod does not work with emissive textures. My plan is to try to rewrite the mod and implement a shader that multiplies the tile texture color by the light texture color and apply the shader while drawing tiles, but I'm not currently sure how long that will take.
  8. RandomComputerUser

Fixed (hopefully)
  9. RandomComputerUser

To be honest, I chose a picture in sunlight because that's where the mod looks the best. During nighttime, lights outside look a bit strange because they light up the sky and the moon is darkened by the lack of light. Changing this would require rewriting most of the mod.
  10. RandomComputerUser

This mod has been deprecated. If you need something similar for 1.4 tModLoader, use my newer mod titled Fancy Lighting. Smooth Lighting Mod This mod adds smooth lighting. Most computers should be able to run this mod, as the performance penalty ended being surprising small (my machine requires...
  11. RandomComputerUser

tModLoader Zenith Pickaxe Mod

I added a new projectile type with custom elliptical motion and custom Zenith-like shaders. It only took about 10 minutes to implement the motion, but a couple of days to write and debug the shader (I've never written shaders before).
  12. RandomComputerUser

tModLoader Zenith Pickaxe Mod

Zenith Pickaxe Mod This mod adds five pickaxes to the game: Jungle Pickaxe Midnight Pickaxe Terra Pickaxe Zenith Pickaxe True Zenith Pickaxe The Terra Pickaxe, Zenith Pickaxe, and True Zenith Pickaxe have special abilities when using right-click. Additionally, the True Zenith Pickaxe can...
Back
Top Bottom