Recent content by Salty_

1. Salty_

Why was throwing ever a damage type in the first place?

Paintball GUN. Piranha GUN. GUN. Space gun requires mana. You can drop that to 0, but it does not change the fact that it has a mana requirement attached to it. Javelins are also known as "Throwing Spears".
  2. Salty_

Portfolio/Multi-Topic Smoothing out progression: Weapon balancing, Hardmode ore balancing, Movement accessories priority in generation and also World generation options.

Harpoon: I would only support a minor damage buff, also the piranha gun idea wouldn't work great. Harpoon is a single projectile and enemies are a lot "tankier" at this point, so it would be a big sacrifice to dedicate all your focus to one enemy for awhile. Chain Knife: It's a bonus weapon...
  3. Salty_

Why was throwing ever a damage type in the first place?

Not true. Ammo-based weapons get attributed to Ranger, Mana-consuming weapons get attributed to Mage, and Hunting weapons that haven't been taken by the others get attributed to warrior. This is also why Javelins are ranger in Pre-HM, while Daybreak is warrior. Seeing this you could see why...
  4. Salty_

Hot take

Post-Moonlord items are meant to be stupidly OP. I don't see why balancing them is necessary. Also why nerf this when Zenith exists.
  5. Salty_

Weapons & Equip The PooPooRang

1. Poo jokes are immature are boring, we already have poo, we don't need poomerang. 2. Being slow sucks. Boomerang speed doesn't just define travel time, but also range and return time. A slow boomerang is both short ranged and takes forever to return. 3. Light Discs outclass this thing...
  6. Salty_

NPCs & Enemies Phantom: Ghost that possesses NPCs (hear me out)

Seems very annoying. Their drops will likely be outclassed pretty rapidly, leading them to being a pure annoyance once you're past that point in progression. Also flymeal and rotten eggs can be difficult to access, while holy water is hard mode exclusive, meaning you could end up having to deal...
  7. Salty_

Blocks & Decoration Relic Boosts against bosses!

Once again, beating a boss usually gives you some new items that make the boss easier. The bosses that do not unlock any bonus or tool for a specific class are optional for that class to fight. There is no instance where, after beating a boss, your class gains access to nothing that helps it...
  8. Salty_

The point was that most of Golem's drops (except beetle husk, but you're guaranteed to get some so it doesn't matter in this example) aren't essential to refight for. Sure, eye of the golem and sun stone and possessed hatchet are nice, but you're not going to be completely out of luck later in...
  9. Salty_

Items [Deleted]

Also, there's already a solution to potion sickness. It's called set your spawn next to the nurse and warp back home to heal whenever you need it.
  10. Salty_

Game Mechanics All crits above 100% should turn into damage

Sounds like a fun way to make crit builds more viable.
  11. Salty_

Items [Deleted]

Potion sickness exists to force you to get better at playing the game. You can't rely on stockpiling items and just chug jug forever. You'd need to either get better at dodging, or learn to use better tanking setups like heart statue/honey/spike stuff. It's a very necessary part of the game...
  12. Salty_

"Every other boss either unlocks something or is optional and can be saved for later when you have better equipment" Also, all 3 of these optional bosses I would call non-essential. The only boss that I would say is even close to "essential" to beat during a class playthrough is Fishron for...
  13. Salty_

The only boss in the entire game where defeating them may not give you access to an upgrade is Moon Lord. Every other boss either unlocks something or is optional and can be saved for later when you have better equipment. While I agree this sucks, I don't think it justifies master-mode exclusive...
  14. Salty_

Ask Me Nothing Reversed

Too much salt on your food or too much pepper on your food?
  15. Salty_

Ask a Random dude on the Internet Anything

Favorite block in terraria? Mine's Gray Brick
Back
Top Bottom