Recent content by starman2995

1. starman2995

Journey's End 1.4.4: Balance Feedback and Discussion Thread

I should clarify a couple things on my point: 1. I think the fact that you can softlock yourself/others in a shimmer loop with teleporters is much more important to address than the invincibility, though addressing one of them will probably address the other. 2. It would be possible to set up a...
  2. starman2995

I totally agree with this, especially since shimmer has the ability soft-lock you when combined with a teleporter loop. I don't know the exact solution, but having something like that in the game can't be healthy whatsoever. That would be my biggest complaint/suggestion to fix. This is less of...
  3. starman2995

Before this thread is once again shut down for good*TM*, I'd like to thank @Leinfors for giving us the opportunity to give our feedback here and taking some of our suggestions. I can only imagine the amount of effort running/processing this forum takes on top of everything else you are doing, so...
  4. starman2995

I believe this is a side-effect of tshock, since a lot of the character information is saved server-side to prevent people from bringing gear in from different worlds.
  5. starman2995

Here's my top wishlist/suggestions that I think have a chance to be added: 1. Make it so that summon weapons can't get critical chance modifiers. It feels bad to have a disproportionately high chance at getting a useless reforge (but is more expensive to reforge again), and equally as sad is...
  6. starman2995

In-depth Hardmode weapon tier list

Here's the gist of what I'm saying: in a class like ranger, there are a LOT of good weapons to choose from/upgrade to as you go through progression. With summons, there aren't many good options to upgrade to from the blade/sanguine staff, at least for the majority of hardmode. Upgrading your...
  7. starman2995

I never said it was a bad thing: I was explicitly saying that using whips that are past that point of progression skews the results, and especially the farther you go, and as such should be carefully considered. My point here still stands: I don't think using pre-mech whips would be very far...
  8. starman2995

The thing I don't think you are taking into account with saying that the blade/bats are optimal at so many stages of the game is that they require current progression whips to operate as well as they do. Looking at the empress of light kill data sheet, all the whips there are post-plantera (at...
  9. starman2995

I personally disagree with this for a couple of reasons. Before gaining access to homing ammo, I feel like ranger is designed more for close distance than far distance, at least compared to mage. This is reflected in the armor values (ranger being 2nd highest), as well as with mage having...
  10. starman2995

Full Game Accessory Tier List

Alright, so I just realized that I misunderstood your latest calculation and we actually got the same answer in the end, so I think I'll edit out my repeat calculations. For the rest, I think your points are valid. I think we've both made a strong case for our sides and I don't think there are...
  11. starman2995

These are all valid points; I didn't realize that weapon modifier damage didn't act like other dmg bonuses. As I said at the end of my post, it is fair that minions could match the damage loss you get from menacing. I just wanted to demonstrate that the extra buffs you could get make lucky more...
  12. starman2995

I'll say that your accounting for minions is fair, but you aren't accounting for everything in your calculation. For things you left out of your calculation, you have 1. Potions (magic power/tipsy/archery, rage, wrath) 2. Weapon modifier 3. Weapon station buff (mainly for mages). Here's my...
  13. starman2995

Simple Post-Plantera Dungeon Farm Tutorial

Hello! I recently posted an afk rod of discord farm in the PC section of this forum, and I decided that I wanted to share my simple and easy dungeon farm here. This farm isn't afk, but it has good rates and takes almost no time to set up (and is very safe relative to regular dungeon farming)...
  14. starman2995

It could just be personal preference, but I think that in most situations, lucky is better than menacing. It adds more to your overall damage output than menacing does; that's why all the late-game accessories that give crit give less than their damage% equivalents. Since lucky and menacing give...
  15. starman2995

PC My Early-Hardmode AFK Rod of Discord/Hallowed Mimic/Soul of Light Farm

Also quick question: should I move this guide to general terraria guides, rather than just PC guides? Is it even possible to do so?
Back
Top Bottom