Blocks & Decoration Magic Umbrella

CyanideApple

Terrarian
This is a simple idea for a block that you place in your world that stops it from raining. If you're like me and you get major lag from rain (My PC isn't the best) and you would prefer if an explosion of particles didn't vomit on your screen then just place this somewhere and it stops the rain.

Minor Setback:

The Magic Umbrella only stops 3 rain events. Hovering your cursor over it will display a little node that shows 3/3, 2/3 or 1/3 depending on how many times it as stopped rain.

Crafted with:

9 silver bars
4 silk
4 wood
2 souls of might

Tooltip:

'Strong enough to stop the rain'

Thanks for reading, i have to go now as I only ave 1 minute left on my PC hire at the library. Bye!

(Will add more later)

I find the rain mostly cosmetical. (with a few enemy changes). And I enjoy that it occurs sometimes, especially if it boost fishing.
It's kind of dissappointing to see that there needs to be a special item (that requires killing mechs) to stop an almost harmless event from appearing.

But yeah, if it's limiting your framerates, then I can understand that it's annoying, though I would prefer an option to turn off/lessen the rain graphics.

I find the rain mostly cosmetical. (with a few enemy changes). And I enjoy that it occurs sometimes, especially if it boost fishing.
It's kind of dissappointing to see that there needs to be a special item (that requires killing mechs) to stop an almost harmless event from appearing.

But yeah, if it's limiting your framerates, then I can understand that it's annoying, though I would prefer an option to turn off/lessen the rain graphics.
Yeah, i think i overdid it with the materials. Maybe just an option to disable rain or something would be nice.

I think instead of using Souls of Might maybe make it use Fallen Stars to keep the "magical" aspect but keep it early since rain isn't really very harmful.

I thought that you could disable storm effects in the settings?
Storm effects and rain are not related to each other in the way that you can turn off the events.

Storm effects are basically the visual 'foggy storm' you see during a blizzard or a sandstorm. these effects can be disabled to improve performance, but the blizzard and sandstorm still exists.

Back
Top Bottom