tModLoader Fargo's Mods

@Fargowilta I know you recently made them a bit less common, but could you either make present slimes extremely rare, or simply remove them from spawning outside of Christmas/holiday time (as-is in vanilla)?

Still love and appreciate everything else about this mod, but I never understood why year-long holiday/present slimes were ever added to be honest. They also still spawn far too often.
I honestly am confused, I see none of them currently :thinking:

@Fargowilta I know you recently made them a bit less common, but could you either make present slimes extremely rare, or simply remove them from spawning outside of Christmas/holiday time (as-is in vanilla)?

Still love and appreciate everything else about this mod, but I never understood why year-long holiday/present slimes were ever added to be honest. They also still spawn far too often.
I would say instead to maybe make it so that if Thorium is installed they do not spawn as, outside thorium you would have to wait till the christmas event was active at christmas time just to be able to make the Slingers essence because it requires the fruitcake chakram to make and i doubt people are going to want to play the mod as much if they can't get one of the crafting ingredients for one of the souls without changing their time. or without thorium which adds an item that activates the event. It also requires the Bloody machete which is a halloween event item, not to mention that the present only has a small chance to drop the fruit cake chakram, i likely opened hundreds of presents trying to get one.

So recently i started a modded playthrough, and it was all fine, i got the palladium enchantment, beat everything up to Fishron because of it, you nerfed it and i beat Lunar Cultist and Moonlord with some weird weak items with palladium enchantment. But what was after that... Well, basically, i farmed everything for the Soul of Terraria. I crafted it... And "became immortal". And lagtastic, but i guess it is the curse of immortality.i've done some screenshots, and i will show with them what i mean:
None of the "post-moonlord" bosses were able to reduce me less than half of my health.
And here are some examples:
20170717153625_1.jpg
It took me quite some time chasing the first Eater, because items i had were a little bit unhelpful on the case of Devourer, because he constantly hid his head and tait under his body, which effectively disabled my ability to deliver damage in these scenarios, and the effects he puts on you were annoyig to deal with, so i sat there and decided to just hold my mouse buttons (i am using dual wielding, but it is not necessary as a single weapon works just as fine) because the Devourer was doing... somewhere around 30 dmg. With his head. And i was receiving, weirdly, full life leech (50+) while doing 1-2 dmg (his body parts)
20170717154018_1.jpg
( I even had time to pick up this flower)
20170717165015_1.jpg
Then i went to my storage trying to figure out what could work best againt this boss. Then i remembered that i had defeated Ragnarok from thorium (quite a fight that was with the SoT, because i was able to damage them with autousing Lunar flare so much that the handicap mechanic was kicking in, so i was forced to tap my weapon at them with some intervals) and i had inferno essence. So i crafted 2 pairs of these claws and started chasing the Devourers.
20170717165501_1.jpg
And the second one disappeared. But now i had the tactic, so the second attempt went much easier.
20170717170442_1.jpg
Then there is also 2 unintended (i guess) mechanics with the SoT:
First off, if using a modded ranged weapon that changes the projectiles, additional projectiles will be the ammo you shot and not the weapon's projectiles.
20170718133222_1.jpg
20170717170528_1.jpg

Also, for some reason i was able to drag a part of the summoned worm with the claws:
20170717171154_1.jpg
After the devourer was the enhanced moon event:
20170717173439_1.jpg
the pumpkings were even able to do 150+dmg
20170717174114_1.jpg
and
20170717182707_1.jpg
20170717182712_1.jpg
20170718125106_1.jpg
Craftable from nothing
20170718125152_1.jpg
Also missing 3 items on the left side of the crafting recipe
20170717175135_1.jpg
Sometimes enchanted swords will shoot with ultra-low projectile speed and also more off-center that they are by themselves, having the rotation point not even on the sprite
20170718125636_1.jpg
also the effects are super annoying and they are not affected my vanity. Here i was trying different paints with my builds but the shield was in the way. I suggest making this shield look like the bubble around the pillars, but more transparent. And the ability to remove the inferno effect would be nice.
For now that's it, but if I find anything else i will post it here.

So recently i started a modded playthrough, and it was all fine, i got the palladium enchantment, beat everything up to Fishron because of it, you nerfed it and i beat Lunar Cultist and Moonlord with some weird weak items with palladium enchantment. But what was after that... Well, basically, i farmed everything for the Soul of Terraria. I crafted it... And "became immortal". And lagtastic, but i guess it is the curse of immortality.i've done some screenshots, and i will show with them what i mean:
None of the "post-moonlord" bosses were able to reduce me less than half of my health.
View attachment 176650 It took me quite some time chasing the first Eater, because items i had were a little bit unhelpful on the case of Devourer, because he constantly hid his head and tait under his body, which effectively disabled my ability to deliver damage in these scenarios, and the effects he puts on you were annoyig to deal with, so i sat there and decided to just hold my mouse buttons (i am using dual wielding, but it is not necessary as a single weapon works just as fine) because the Devourer was doing... somewhere around 30 dmg. With his head. And i was receiving, weirdly, full life leech (50+) while doing 1-2 dmg (his body parts)
View attachment 176651( I even had time to pick up this flower)View attachment 176652 Then i went to my storage trying to figure out what could work best againt this boss. Then i remembered that i had defeated Ragnarok from thorium (quite a fight that was with the SoT, because i was able to damage them with autousing Lunar flare so much that the handicap mechanic was kicking in, so i was forced to tap my weapon at them with some intervals) and i had inferno essence. So i crafted 2 pairs of these claws and started chasing the Devourers.
View attachment 176653 And the second one disappeared. But now i had the tactic, so the second attempt went much easier.
View attachment 176654
First off, if using a modded ranged weapon that changes the projectiles, additional projectiles will be the ammo you shot and not the weapon's projectiles.
View attachment 176656
Also, for some reason i was able to drag a part of the summoned worm with the claws:View attachment 176657
View attachment 176659 the pumpkings were even able to do 150+dmg View attachment 176660
and
View attachment 176663 Craftable from nothing
View attachment 176664 Also missing 3 items on the left side of the crafting recipe
View attachment 176665 Sometimes enchanted swords will shoot with ultra-low projectile speed and also more off-center that they are by themselves, having the rotation point not even on the sprite
View attachment 176667 also the effects are super annoying and they are not affected my vanity. Here i was trying different paints with my builds but the shield was in the way. I suggest making this shield look like the bubble around the pillars, but more transparent. And the ability to remove the inferno effect would be nice.
Congtratulations! You have proven that it works! Still though, I do believe the Soul of Terraria should have some sort of post Yharon item needed for the final crafting recipe, like with SoD and SotU.

Also Fargo, I know A LOT of the powers on the souls are toggleable, but would it not be possible to make the effect VISUAL disappear, without loosing the effects?

View attachment 176650 It took me quite some time chasing the first Eater, because items i had were a little bit unhelpful on the case of Devourer, because he constantly hid his head and tait under his body, which effectively disabled my ability to deliver damage in these scenarios, and the effects he puts on you were annoyig to deal with, so i sat there and decided to just hold my mouse buttons (i am using dual wielding, but it is not necessary as a single weapon works just as fine) because the Devourer was doing... somewhere around 30 dmg. With his head. And i was receiving, weirdly, full life leech (50+) while doing 1-2 dmg (his body parts)
View attachment 176651( I even had time to pick up this flower)View attachment 176652 Then i went to my storage trying to figure out what could work best againt this boss. Then i remembered that i had defeated Ragnarok from thorium (quite a fight that was with the SoT, because i was able to damage them with autousing Lunar flare so much that the handicap mechanic was kicking in, so i was forced to tap my weapon at them with some intervals) and i had inferno essence. So i crafted 2 pairs of these claws and started chasing the Devourers.
View attachment 176653 And the second one disappeared. But now i had the tactic, so the second attempt went much easier.
View attachment 176654
View attachment 176656
Also, for some reason i was able to drag a part of the summoned worm with the claws:View attachment 176657
View attachment 176659 the pumpkings were even able to do 150+dmg View attachment 176660
and
View attachment 176664 Also missing 3 items on the left side of the crafting recipe
View attachment 176665 Sometimes enchanted swords will shoot with ultra-low projectile speed and also more off-center that they are by themselves, having the rotation point not even on the sprite
View attachment 176667 also the effects are super annoying and they are not affected my vanity. Here i was trying different paints with my builds but the shield was in the way. I suggest making this shield look like the bubble around the pillars, but more transparent. And the ability to remove the inferno effect would be nice.
Soul of Terraria will stay vanilla items to craft, also remove remove dual wielding. That mod effectively increases dps by two times, and for items like Palladium Enchantment make your life per hit (lph) also higher, so I have no idea what's your problem when you use a mod with no trade off.

I have no idea what's your problem
1.I do not have a problem. Im giving feedback
2. You have not read carefully. 1 item is enough to overheal me, so 2 would just overheal me more.
3. Moreso, even the effects themselves (swords, projectiles they produce, hornet, spider and leaf crystal) are enough to heal me through Moonlord me havng activated the buff from Asgardian aegis from the Calamity mod and being submerged in liquid with The Sponge equipped. Although its a little slow to kill them that way

quick little question, what does the overloader do? i bought it from the mutant, but its not a consumable and doesn't really have any clear hint on what its uses are.

quick little question, what does the overloader do? i bought it from the mutant, but its not a consumable and doesn't really have any clear hint on what its uses are.
It's supposed to be a material, to craft boss summons which spawn several of one boss type. There's only a few of them currently and you'll get a reward for doing them. However how the system will probably change to get Overloader, as in there could be another npc.

It's supposed to be a material, to craft boss summons which spawn several of one boss type. There's only a few of them currently and you'll get a reward for doing them. However how the system will probably change to get Overloader, as in there could be another npc.
hmm weird, because its not a material either...

That is probably because the system for it is not yet finished

um the soul of dimensions/supersonic soul seems to make me move way to fast i cant wear it one push to the left or right and i move super fast for like 500 blocks and it will do this even if its the only other mod (besides the cheat sheet mod only for the recipe lists) will that be fixed or is it permanent?

Is it normal for the bee enchantment's "super buffed minion" to cause a beam of stingers burst from my character's chest and instakill anything I see?

Because that's pretty cool.

I can confirm that the healing is too powerful. I'm just standing here and i've nearly killed providence with stuff i normally have during this fight and providence isn't even taking me past 2 hearts. I'm just... standing here taking hits like a champ... i'm not in revengence mode though. just regular hard mode. i would reccomend making it so that each force require an extra possibly post moonlord item to make, and the soul of terraria requiring something more around the end of post moonlord content.

Last edited:
I can confirm that the healing is too powerful. I'm just standing here and i've nearly killed providence with stuff i normally have during this fight and providence isn't even taking me past 2 hearts. I'm just... standing here taking hits like a champ... i'm not in revengence mode though. just regular hard mode. i would reccomend making it so that each force require an extra possibly post moonlord item to make, and the soul of terraria requiring something more around the end of post moonlord content.
Palladium enchantment is still enough, and you get it from mimics and stuff.

Palladium enchantment is still enough, and you get it from mimics and stuff.
my suggestion then would be to nerf the palladium enchantment and only have it that powerful when you have the soul, and to possibly require the nebulous core to make the soul of terraria IF you have calamity mod. but thats just my suggestion and entirely up to @Fargowilta if they wanna do that. another suggestion i would have would be to have certain items from certain enemies or bosses for the forces that theme with the force.

Hey, may I suggest an special something for the Enchantments?

https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/the-shapeshifter-wip.55006/
Make "LR (Limit Removed) Enchantments" Buffs from the various "Shapeshifter" armors.
Mining - Uses Slime Armor, Slime King's Trophy and Slime King's Trophy Weapon - "Finally, some protection"
-Allows 3 extra summon slots, and makes slimes friendly-
Crimson - Uses BoC's Armor, BoC's Trophy, and BoC's Trophy Weapon - "How about No"
-Allows you to summon Blood Clouds that surround you for 5 seconds (Deals Magic damage) upon being hit-
Corruption - Uses both EoC's and WoE's Armors - "Wonder why the eye didn't work on the Crimson Enchantment..."
-Allows you to dash and deal 15% extra melee and summon damage-
Necro - Use's Skeletron's Armor, Trophy, and Trophy Weapon - "You're about to have a good time"
-Allows you to use Bones as standard ammo for other guns, and crits deal On Fire! debuffs-
Bee - Uses Bee Queen's Armor, Trophy, and The Queen's Stinger - "YES! THE BEES!"
-Allows 3 minion bees to hunt down foes, only taking one Summon Slot-
I dunno if I'd do all of this, but some of these ideas are nice :p
Since the healer soul was added in the mod, are there any chances for a bard soul as well?
yes eventually
Just got into hardmode and it is still not material :(
should work if you reload all mods, but yea fix soon anyway
Since the presserator is part of the world shaper soul, shouldn't it have its effect?
Also I'm pretty sure I touched on this before but the Dragon Dust effect from calamity on the soul of dimensions needs a toggle.
One last thing, the nanotech from calamity should be added to the olympians soul.
could have sworn it had presserator effects but yesI'll look and add that toggle
@Fargowilta will the portable sundial be an ingredient in the soul of the void?
havent really decided on the full recipe maybe
[doublepost=1500676825,1500676326][/doublepost]
View attachment 176654
View attachment 176656
and
lol I am probably going to work on those heals again, ill try to make minions unaffected and the healer soul is fixed now
Congtratulations! You have proven that it works! Still though, I do believe the Soul of Terraria should have some sort of post Yharon item needed for the final crafting recipe, like with SoD and SotU.

Also Fargo, I know A LOT of the powers on the souls are toggleable, but would it not be possible to make the effect VISUAL disappear, without loosing the effects?
Yea I'll defintiely add some later bossitems to it

no visual but keep the effect would be pretty painful, but any example?
How do you get the Slimy Energizer?
defeat the swarm crown, which is slime crown + overloader in hard mode after a fresh reload xD

Back
Top Bottom