Controller Setup

Burnscars

Fire Bad
I have two Logitech f310 controllers plugged into my computer, and I have no idea how to get them functioning with the GOG version of the game. There is no option to select a controller in the configuration menu, unlike options you find to select which gamepad to use in other games and emulators. I've reinstalled the game with no result.

I am not interested so much with doing something obscure to make this work, like editing a line in a configuration file or praying to the Moon Lord. I am more interested in seeing the game showcase a more intuitive detection system for the controllers I use. About half a dozen other games/programs detect my controllers with minimal configuration.

I managed to get an Xbox360 controller to work, but I don't like the 360 controller. If some file is laying in a folder somewhere that needs to be deleted so that the game can create a new file from scratch then...that sounds like there is more work to do as far as how the Terraria program detects controllers.

While I would appreciate it if a method was provided in a response to this that details a process on how to get my Logitech f310 controller to work with the GOG version of Terraria, my primary goal here is to encourage the developers to upgrade Terraria's methods of detecting active controllers on our personal computers. Other game programs seem to have no issues detecting the devices plugged into my machine, so I find it very irritating that Terraria, with millions on millions of titles sold at this point, can't detect my controller as well as a free emulator that plays 8-bit games.

I might be able to get these controllers working with the STEAM version of the game, and I do have both GOG and STEAM versions, but my focus here is with the GOG Terraria program.

The logitech f310 comes with a switch on the back that changes the interface from DirectInput to XInput. Flip the switch on the back of the controller to the left with the picture of the X. Your controller should now be detected.

Back
Top Bottom