Items A change to spears

ChingBling

Terrarian
Spears are kind of the black sheep of the Terraria weapon stash, the beginning spear isn't very useful, and who actually grabs tridents from Ocean Chests, so here are a few changes I propose to make these long pokey boys better.

1. Remove autoswing on all spears (stick with me)
2. Mouse 1 can be used to charge a stronger attack
3. Charging it increases damage and knockback (and maybe some when fully charged have a special effect?)
4. Charging also increases how fast it comes out and comes back in

That's my idea on how to make spears more useful (because the only spear I ever really use is the one gotten from Shadow Chests)

Even if we assume that spears are underpowered (which I disagree with), how is turning them into charge-up weapons supposed to make them better? I mean, look at the charge-up weapons that already exist.

-Psycho Knife, which is never used in serious combat.
-Medusa Head, which is impractical against anything other than Wyverns and the Destroyer.
-Charged Blaster Cannon, arguably the worst weapon in the game, period.

I don’t see anything in this idea that suggests that revamped spears are going to be any different. Especially because they’re close-range weapons, making them even more difficult and risky to use.

Even if we assume that spears are underpowered (which I disagree with), how is turning them into charge-up weapons supposed to make them better? I mean, look at the charge-up weapons that already exist.

-Psycho Knife, which is never used in serious combat.
-Medusa Head, which is impractical against anything other than Wyverns and the Destroyer.
-Charged Blaster Cannon, arguably the worst weapon in the game, period.

I don’t see anything in this idea that suggests that revamped spears are going to be any different. Especially because they’re close-range weapons, making them even more difficult and risky to use.
Last prism, often argued to be the best weapon in the game

That isn't a charge weapon, and it's definitely not better than something like Star Wrath with the amount of mana it gobbles.
It gains power over time, so it's something debatable. With enough mana regen (specific setups), it can attack with enough to keep it going, but there are always mana potions.

Back
Top Bottom