Monster Spawn In House

TF2Prophete

Terrarian
Hey, first post! Long time player, never finished the game. More casual playing, usually reset after getting into Hardmode and ect.

Started a new Expert Mode and determined to finish this play through!

I've noticed some monster spawns in my house / tunnel (Underneath the house for the lava pits) though and would like to figure out why this is!

Any help would be awesome, ignore my horrible designing skillz :D
(Didn't count the rooms:NPC until I finished haha)

kgjTdR1.png

What kind of monsters are you seeing in your house? And what area of your house are you encountering them in?

From the looks of that layout, it is possible for monsters to spawn in the lower tunnel area that has dirt wall, and for them to jump up/fly through the platforms above. It is also possible for zombies/possessed armor, or any enemy capable of breaking through doors to enter through the top left "tower" of your house.

Well, actually if you notice the top tower section and all the doors have wood in front of them to prevent monster opening (It was during a Blood Moon) The monsters in the house were zombies that just seemed to spawn randomly in there, they were on the level of the chests and I had literally just walked off frame and back in and it was there. Not enough time for it to spawn below and maneuver up. The bottom tunnels I've only noticed eyeballs spawn into

Make absolutely sure there are no missing walls. It's a bit hard in general, but those stone walls...

It also says in the wiki for Blood Moon: "Player-placed walls are not necessarily safe during this event."

Hmm, I manually placed them all not using the automatic but I will double check.

As for the Blood Moon, that may just be all it is.

Thanks!

It also says in the wiki for Blood Moon: "Player-placed walls are not necessarily safe during this event."
Not sure what whoever typed that really means by that, because enemies simply do not spawn in player-placed wall regions, including during the Blood Moon.
I have invested over 3000 hours in this game, and have never ever had an enemy spawn inside my bases.

@TF2Prophete: If you're 100% certain enemies spawn inside your house, then that means there's a hole in a wall somewhere. The easiest way to find this hole is to press CTRL (check that the mouse cursor is now 'fat'), grab a piece of wall and walk through your house. If there's a hole, then you'll see a cyan square appear sooner or later.

Hmm, weird. I have done that. Does this include behind blocks? Because I don't think the game naturally places them there.

I have still had this occur a few times but I will repeat it and see if I missed something.

Edit;

This is my 2nd house and I have had them spawn on the first floor again where the crafting stations are.

Z8q6r59.png

@TF2Prophete: The only way monsters get in that area is that they spawn outside or in the dirt area and make their way up there.
As Aurora3500 said, I'm also curious what monsters you're talking about. Ethereal monsters can get there quite easily of course, as well as monsters that teleport (like goblin mages).
Also, no, you don't have to place walls behind solid blocks/tiles.

The only explanation that I can think of, for monsters actually spawning on player-placed walls, is the use of mods. When playing vanilla, monsters simply cannot spawn in player-walled areas. They can spawn outside of this area and move into the area, but that's it.

@Gotcha!

Hmm, well I've only ever noticed this during events.

IE: First time was a Blood Moon the second was a Pirate Invasion.

First time was a run of the will Zombie and some Eyeballs.

Second were some Pirate Archer's.

The dirt wall area beneath the house, I think that has to be where they came from and I missed them somehow? I could have sworn it was only 1-3 seconds in real time that I could not see the area and ran into them.

Next time it happens I'll tke more notes and stuff.

@Gotcha!

Hmm, well I've only ever noticed this during events.

IE: First time was a Blood Moon the second was a Pirate Invasion.

First time was a run of the will Zombie and some Eyeballs.

Second were some Pirate Archer's.

The dirt wall area beneath the house, I think that has to be where they came from and I missed them somehow? I could have sworn it was only 1-3 seconds in real time that I could not see the area and ran into them.

Next time it happens I'll tke more notes and stuff.

Try blocking off the platforms, and see if the problem yet persists.

I face this problem too, same symtoms only during events, i have 2 bases once i go to one corner monster will come from the corner, yes i checked through entire base for both there were no holes, even make sure there were walls in the block areas manually too. It usually spawn 1 or 2, i tried creating pockets of blocks to check where they spawn and check as well there were walls present just that it was outside of my screen. I believe it is a bug, you can try if you make ur base big enough with wall, I am playing 1.4 on pc

Back
Top Bottom