Items Paraglider

GoldenTerrabyte

Empress of Light
Somewhat inspired from Breath of the Wild, I think having a Paraglider in Terraria would be rather fun. More or less the same as the Umbrella as it works now, in that you'd simply hold it in your hotbar, and you'd descend slower, and alleviate any fall damage. The main difference here being that the Paraglider, while reducing your fall speed by the same amount, would allow a lot more horizontal momentum through the air, maybe even allowing you to gain more continuously.
With wings and lucky horseshoes and all, I believe such an item would serve its purpose best around the middle of Pre-Hardmode, perhaps being either a Dungeon item or a craftable upgrade from the Umbrella, using a moderately rare material such as Silk, and Silver/Tungsten which doesn't serve much crafting purpose as it is. This would allow it to be obtained at a similar tier to the Lucky Horseshoe.

Would this go faster than Hermes Boots?
Probably about the speed of them. Maybe faster if you have an upgrade like Lightning Boots. The Umbrella as I understand it doesn't go quite as fast, as it slows you down unless you've been launched in a Minecart while holding it.

Back
Top Bottom