Will this prevent the corruption from spreading into my base?

There isn't a real need of placing non-corruptible blocks on the perimeter. as long as the gap is 3 tiles or more, the evil can't spread onto the other side.

The only exception is grassy areas, where vines and thorns grow, and can spread the biome. Corruption however has no vines, so you don't have to worry about that - would need to, in the case of crimson, and hallow - thorns can be a problem though, so, there, a bigger gap could be safer. Like, thorns can reach to the other side of a 3 blocks wide trench, so, for such, you could dig a wider trench (I would say around 8 blocks wide, and there's no thorns that could ever reach the other side XD lol - but it also could work if the trench is 3 blocks, but have the blocks on the sides replaced with non-corruptible blocks, a few blocks wide.

Overall, while it's quite complex how spreading biomes work, I think you're overprepared. You could just fight WoF, and see where the biomes appear, and just use a few dozen dynamites then, to make a trench where it's needed.

1622822615143.png

I have finished, I hope this helps to stop the corruption!
There isn't a real need of placing non-corruptible blocks on the perimeter. as long as the gap is 3 tiles or more, the evil can't spread onto the other side.

The only exception is grassy areas, where vines and thorns grow, and can spread the biome. Corruption however has no vines, so you don't have to worry about that - would need to, in the case of crimson, and hallow - thorns can be a problem though, so, there, a bigger gap could be safer. Like, thorns can reach to the other side of a 3 blocks wide trench, so, for such, you could dig a wider trench (I would say around 8 blocks wide, and there's no thorns that could ever reach the other side XD lol - but it also could work if the trench is 3 blocks, but have the blocks on the sides replaced with non-corruptible blocks, a few blocks wide.

Overall, while it's quite complex how spreading biomes work, I think you're overprepared. You could just fight WoF, and see where the biomes appear, and just use a few dozen dynamites then, to make a trench where it's needed.
I will probably prepare less for my jungle.

Back
Top Bottom