NPCs & Enemies Stop NPCs from leaving doors open

I might be wrong on this, but I think town NPCs almost always close doors behind themselves. they only leave doors open if
1.) the door was already open. that is, the player opened it, and left it that way. in that case, they should not close it, because the player probably had some reason to leave it open.
2.) if something was in the way when they tried to close it. I think, that's often the player. though in some cases critters or town pets might be in the way too. not sure on that one.

I think it's an entirelly different problem, when someone opens a door that was closed properly, when there are a bajillion zombies knocking on the door... XD but that's also just NPCs AI being dumb. freaking out from monsters on one side, trying to run away, forgetting about that there are monsters on the other side too... XD

I might be wrong on this, but I think town NPCs almost always close doors behind themselves. they only leave doors open if
1.) the door was already open. that is, the player opened it, and left it that way. in that case, they should not close it, because the player probably had some reason to leave it open.
2.) if something was in the way when they tried to close it. I think, that's often the player. though in some cases critters or town pets might be in the way too. not sure on that one.

I think it's an entirelly different problem, when someone opens a door that was closed properly, when there are a bajillion zombies knocking on the door... XD but that's also just NPCs AI being dumb. freaking out from monsters on one side, trying to run away, forgetting about that there are monsters on the other side too... XD
i have a generic NPC skyscraper and everytime i look at it there are like 3 more doors left open, i thought they always closed doors but theres something wrong with the AI or something

i have a generic NPC skyscraper and everytime i look at it there are like 3 more doors left open, i thought they always closed doors but theres something wrong with the AI or something
maybe. maybe it's other NPCs being in the way when they try to close the door?

Back
Top Bottom