Builds Some Builds

Sora_92

Terrarian
(might reorganise this into a bigger thread, if decide to upload more screenshots. like from other playthroughs/builds.)

Recently started a new modded playthrough. I wanted to try one since many mods got ported in a while, but then I was mostly focusing on other games lately. And felt like taking a break from that much Terraria, particularly after some almost non-stop work with the porting of some mods, some moths ago.
Actually tried a building-focused world not that long ago, but that was really only about tinkering with building, now this one is an actual playthrough, but heavily focused on building.

I'm using plenty of mods, and also using Cheat Sheet to cheat in all the material, furniture, etc. which makes building so much more convenient. Some could argue about "but it's more cool if you legitimately got all that" but I don't feel like spending hours on minining materials, world-hopping to get hardmode exclusive materials, and also to run back-and forth batween building site and storages.

Worldgen also can mess up the plans XD This world for example, doesn't really features any desert in distance where a town would be useful, so no desert town here, despite I was wondering about building one too. That lake next to the beach also changed my plans about a town design there, though that one is kind of interesting.

So much blah-blah, right? Sorry XD Ah, also, this one is highly Town NPC focused, and I'm actually quite enjoying putting even more focus on them than usual. Feels like a pretty lively town. (also, mods to make town NPCs invincible, so invasions won't massacre them). although worldgen limited some stuff, like I kinda wanted it to sprawl even more, but it has a desert on both sides that I didn't wanted to bother removing, so that limited the main town area a tiny bit. it's still pretty big though.

Addhawaen and "The Paradise of Secrets"
Okay, so, the main character this time is
Addhawaen.png
Cleric Addhawaen. Or her merry adventurer party consisting this overzealous goblin mage (minion that apparently scales with game progression), cute shimmer slime (pet), and godly torch (light pet). not sure about their names though... the MC's name also comes from some random fantasy name generator, and I think initially it was for an elf, but then, I think she's a human.
Vanity, vanity, vanity! I got an outfit for her at the start because that can affect a character so much too. the initial idea was something kind of similar to Crimson Priestess Valeria (one of my characters from a playthrough quite a while ago) but it doesn't appears so that Addhawaen have that much dark intent as Valeria did even if she would considered her some sort of role model. Why another cleric worshipping the Crimson? dunno. I just felt like it has to be Crimson. ...why is it so much Crimson? I suppose maybe it's one of my favorite biomes, for some reason, even though it's quite an odd one XD lol

after several silly random names, random map name gen named this place
"The Paradise of Secrets". sounds nice, I'll take that.
paradise of secrets map1.png

It's a medium, expert world with crimson. At this point, later pre-hardmode. it was also point to progress slow, and there are quite some stuff to do in pre hardmode, but wanted to get most/all NPCs that I can get in pre-hardmode before taking a bunch of screenshots. I think the only one missing is the town bunny, because you can get them pre-hardmode, if you fill the bestiary regarding all pre-hardmode creatures, and find some statues spawning a few hardmode mobs to push the % just barely past that point, when the Zoologist will sell the bunny license.

The main town
paradise of secrets map2.png

It's situated between deserts on both sides as I mentioned before. additionally, the desert to the left is mostly crimsoned. also yay for worldgen previewer, because probably never would guess there's a pyramid there. XD lol

A small Ferrosanghui fort guards the border of the town facing the Crimson. Who are Ferrosanghui? (or whatever way it's written), they're some sort of faction from Super Terraria World, I think, which I didn't have the chance to try in the past, but the screenshots inspired me a lot. Ferrosanguis' fortress played a particularly large role in the idea of deco NPCs, so we could consider it as a bit of paying homage too. I would even consider a more expanded set for them, but I don't know official lore about the faction, so this way it would be just whatever I would imagine about them, which might be not how they were, so no idea if that would work, or not.
Capture 2024-04-04 09_44_04.png

This house is pretty much what I have instead of a desert town here, generally NPCs who like the desert live here, because this area is considered "desert" that is, Dye Trader, Picklock, Arms Dealer, and Desert Acolyte. also, the Elder Slime lives here too
Capture 2024-04-04 10_50_16.png

And of course, the good old Professor, but he's busy studying the pyramid of Amenhotep XXIII. Also yay for echo platforms turning that room into valid housing easily! and in general, yay for echo walls, blocks, and echo everything!
Capture 2024-04-04 10_53_17.png

This tenement is the neighboring building to it, the Painter rents the top floor, but he's currently gathering inspiration in the jungle. the room below is the Party Girl's but she tagged along the painter on a vacation, for the time being, the Musician moved in here. The two fangirls (Corru & Crim) rents the foor below as roommates. Considering they're dating and all. the floor below is largely empty, but it can be the Grocer owns that. and then, the Grocer has this grocery shop on the ground floor. very convenient! Also, the Cool Slime lives in the shop, but likes to wander around quite a lot XD
Capture 2024-04-04 10_58_37.png

A big inn/restaurant. operated by the Cook & Barkeep & Waiter trinity, and currently the Operator, the Tinkerer and the Poacher lives in the hotel rooms. Wondering about relocating them at some point, the Poacher might would enjoy a jungle expedition, and the tinkerer could use a house on his own to rent along his elder sister, but she's a hardmode NPC (that is, the Steamounker).
Capture 2024-04-04 11_10_00.png

The town's Adventurers' Guild. Operated by the Guard Captain (he's not really an NPC though), and the Clerk - restores her from Adventures Mod, in a test mod that I have but while the original creator gave permission to port it, I can't do that alone, and did not uploaded this as-is, because it really only has her, and a few items that I managed to get to work.
The Tracker is a guild member I guess, and dunno whether the Squire Slime is also an adventurer, or some sort of guild mascot XD
It also might deals with governing the town as well, so guess they have lots of paperwork. XD
Capture 2024-04-04 11_16_42.png

Town Park. I'm quite happy how that turned out, while still being so simple. there's also something ominous in a large fountain featuring Moon Lord, but I guess if it had some hidden meaning, it was forgotten in time, except for those who might know, but decided to keep silent about it (the Guide and the Dryad, I guess?)
Capture 2024-04-04 09_47_45.png

The Merchant's Shop. He has this pretty big house, shared by his daughter (the Scam Artist) and his twin brother (the Jeweller), and also functions as a shop on the lower floors. Some rooms feel a bit empty though... Oh, also, the Merchant got the Town Doggo as pet.
Capture 2024-04-04 11_26_36.png

The neighboring house belongs to the Traveling Merchant (Lui AFK reborn has him and Skeleton Merchant as NPCs who can move in, though his shop doesn't works for some reason now. but he can be shimmered, Yay! I wanted some sort of Chinese-style shop for him, though now it kind of feels like he's some herbalist instead of a general merchant. The good old Cobbler's making shoes on the floor above, maybe day & night, with a little helper.
Capture 2024-04-04 11_31_48.png

The Blacksith's forge, with the Guide (& Nerdy Slime). It's situated at the entrance to the mines, the demolitionist stayed there for a while, but he moved to an underground town lately.
Capture 2024-04-04 11_37_53B.png

Town Church. With the Spiritualist and the Nurse. I was wondering what to place on the top, since I wanted it to be something Sun-focused, but the "eye of the Sun" looks a bit ominous too... that's a whole bunch of ominous stuff in town...
Capture 2024-04-04 09_49_09.png

Gradma's little house. It's situated at the outskirt of the town, I wanted some sort of larger farmer's block, but there's not a whole lot of space in this area. Grandma also got the Town Cat as pet, and a merry bunch of poultry.
Capture 2024-04-04 09_49_58.png

Along with the neighboring house of the Golfer & the Zoologist, this makes a sort of rural countryside, but I wanted more space for sunflower and other fields, and a golf course, but guess there's not enough room for that here...
Capture 2024-04-04 09_50_07B.png

the area initially featured a much deeper valley, I thought at first to fill with dirt, but then decided to turn it into a little "Lost Woods"
Capture 2024-04-04 09_50_18.png

Capture 2024-04-04 09_50_23.png

Capture 2024-04-04 09_50_28.png

It also kind of made me wonder about trying making some sort of adventure map, but never made such before. Might would be interested teaming up with some others, who have some ideas for one. Though, I guess, preferably modded.

That is the main town, but there are several other settlements too.

Right-side Ocean Town
At first, I thought about a beach, but then I thought "how about something different now?" and decided on an industrial port. The Architect fits there quite nice too, and it might explains where he gets his invinite supply of random building blocks and the like XD
Capture 2024-04-04 09_39_54.png

But then, there is a beach too
As per usual, Ogre snack bar beach shack, but this time there are also children building some sandcastles.
I don't remember who came up with the original idea of using the ogre head like that long ago, but I love that idea so much, I made some stuff for it in my mod to make such. too bad he's just a deco on the wall, and you can't actually buy stuff from him... XD
Capture 2024-04-04 11_59_48.png

There's also a shack to rent various other stuff like inner tubes, or perhabs an air tank for snorkeling, provided by the Diverman. Watch out for sharks, hammerheads, and someone/something even more nasty lurking in the deep...
Capture 2024-04-04 11_58_52.png

The rest of the Beach Town took an unusual design, because of a large lake in the way. Decided to use it instead of getting rid of it, so there's now a lake town on the beach...? With Stylist & Angler living in one house, and the Alchemist and the Brewer in another. yeah, I think lore says they're divorced, but dunno, I just like to have them live together, and there's also a room for their son (the Young Brewer) but he's a hardmode NPC - although I think his flag should be placed in the ground floor room's right side so he could wander around and maybe interact with the Angler too, as these two are pretty much the only children NPCs (the princess might counts too, but it would make sense to house her in some casle). There's actually another house to the left, but that's completely empty at the moment.
Capture 2024-04-04 09_40_41.png

Jungle Town
This one is kind of lacking, oh well.
It's mainly about the location. It has a large lake below, and it's also an anchor point to have fairly easy access to the Shimmer, and the Lizhard Temple.
With Painter, Party Girl, Dryad, Witch Doctor, and Druid living here now.
Capture 2024-04-04 09_41_00.png

Capture 2024-04-04 09_41_11.png

Graveyard. This one also functions as an anchor point to the Dungeon Entrance, which is right next to it to the left side (though not visible here).
Gravedigger & Counfused Zombie lives(??) here
Capture 2024-04-04 09_41_44.png

Flann's house. This one takes inspiration from the original, just in a miniature scale. (and then a meteorite landed nearby, geez...)
I also realized something. My "furniture spawned" NPCs will move in elsewhere, if free housing is available. tester worlds were always full of NPCs for testing purposes so there were no free housing, so I thought Flann would stay near the Crimson archives, but then she's not. even worse, like all NPCs, she can't normally housed in a corrupted/crimsoned house, but luckily some mods allowed it. So, yeah, "Flann's Crimson Sweet Home"
Capture 2024-04-04 09_43_04.png

Goblin Family house. (that is, Goblin Tinkerer & Mechanic, also their (non-canon) twin daughters (but they're just deco). plus the Mystic slime) This also functions as an anchor point for easy access to lower dungeon floors, as well a ridicolously long minecart track.
Yew wood, because that's associated with goblins (in Thorium) right? But when it comes to such a cold biome as the ice caves, the house should be cozy to counter that, right?
Capture 2024-04-04 09_41_30.png

Cavern Town
This one is also an anchor point, providing easy access to Viscount's chamber, as well as a marble and a granite biome nearby, minecart tracks and a large lake. Such an useful location, huh.
At first, wasn't sure about the design and blocks, decided to go with stone slab, and gray-painted palladium columns & titan-stone.
Skeleton Merchant has a shop here, the Clothier too, and I guess the Demolitionist is selling his explosives here now instead of the mine entrance at town. and then the CK Barkeep moved in his new Crimson Kitchen Restaurant. Also, the Clumsy Slime taken a liking to staying by his side, so moved them there too.
Capture 2024-04-04 09_52_14.png

Capture 2024-04-04 09_52_22.png

Capture 2024-04-04 09_52_44.png

Capture 2024-04-04 09_52_52.png

I'm quite happy with how some of these turned out, and would love to hear others' opinion on them~
It also kind of reminded me, how much I love town NPCs XD lol There's something so charming in seeing all these townspeople living a (mostly) happy life in town, interacting with each others and the player, and all. I suppose I also kind of considered some stuff as "quests" - why, the town do has an Adventures' Guild! - such as the Zoologist putting up a missing poster about his brother (the Golfer), or general missing poster about the Stylist. Finding the location of the elusive Crimson Kitchen, rescuing the Diverman from the Queen Jellyfish, etc.

It could be in fact all sorts of quests, if Adventures Mod could be resurrected, but it might takes time to find someone interested in that.

It also makes me wonder though, how such could be featured at Adventure Maps, considering town NPCs have random dialogues instead of something scripted for the purpose of some quests and would change accounding to progression with "adventures" instead of bosses and such. Plus, not quite sure if it could be forced any way that bound NPCs spawn at certain locations, so you could go through an underground desert "dungeon" to find the golfer in the last room, and such. That could be pretty cool.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom