Weapons & Equip Chlorophyte Armor growth! New abilities!

WilliamD

Official Terrarian
Hello all! Today, I will be discussing a ore called Chlorophyte. Now what is Chlorophyte? It's that green algae that can regrows in the jungle. It also makes a good Corruptor/ Crimson stopper. Then let's talk about the armor! A crystal leaf that shoots out of you head?! Ok! What else?! Nothing else. That's the thing, Chlorophyte sucks to farm due to its slow rate of growth. Though it is renewable, other items (such as souls) Can be renewed EVEN faster. And it doesn't have cool other abilities with it. I really feel that it's is almost nothing. So, let's give Chlorophyte more POWER, shall we? I introduce you to new Chlorophyte armor growth!

Armor Growth:
In my thoughts, I think Chlorophtye should grow thicker and thicker over time. What I mean by this is, after some time, you get an ability buff that stacks up three times! Your defense also starts out at a lower defense than usual, but grows to be a higher defense than usual! Now you would need different breast/chest plates for this, so here are the new plates!

Crafting:
Chlorophyte Thorns Plate:
Mythril/Orichialcum Anvil:

Chlorophyte Thorns plate (Melee)

-Defense gained: 5,10,17
-7% increased damage
-9% increased critical strike chance
-Enemies are more likely to target you

Chlorophyte Spike Helm:
Mythril/Orichalcum Anvil
Chlorophyte Spike Helm
-4,8,14 Defense gained
-17% increased damage
-5% increased critical strike chance

Chlorophyte Pine Leggings:
Mythril/Orichalcum Anvil
Chlorophyte Pine Leggings
-4,8,14 Defense gained
-4% increased movement speed
-10% increased critical strike chance

Total Defense:13/26/49

Description: Every five seconds of not getting hurt, you will gain the "Thorns" buff. After stacking three times, enemies that hit you will take 75% of the damage back at them while removing one thorn. Stackable with thorns potion.
-24 Chlorophyte bar
-10 Bush (A new harvestable item found deep within the jungle)

-7,14,22 defense gained
-4% increased damage
-6% increased critical strike chance
-Enemies are less likely to target you

Chlorophyte Face Guard:
Mythril/Orichalcum Anvil:
Chlorophyte Face Guard

-9,18,28 Defense gained
-16% increased damage
-18 Chlorophyte bars
-10 Bush
-7% increased critical strike chance

Total Defense: 20/40/64

Description: Over a five second time period, the armor will start getting thicker, concealing and protecting you by 12% every tier.
Does not hurt enemies when you rush them.
24 Chlorophyte bars
10 Vines
-5% increased critical strike chance

Chlorophyte Tangle Helmet:
Chlorophyte Tangle Helmet
-5,10,18 Defense gained
-16% increased damage

Chlorophyte Grass Leggings:
Chlorophyte Grass Leggings
-4,8,14 Defense gained
-10% increased movement speed
-4% increased critical strike chance

Total Defense: 15/30/52

Description: This one is special. Grappling hooks have much more range and now LAUNCH a vine at your enemy that latches on to them for continuous damage every time you use a grappling hook. Every ten seconds, a vine swirls around you character. Vines can stack up to three times. If you have a vine while grappling, and your vine hits an enemy, you will be thrown on them, dealing 100 damage, and then bounce off unharmed! Woah bro! Radical skills!

In addition, the regular breastplate now requires 10 leaf blocks. The leaf crystal now also homes on enemies and shoots slightly faster. The stats stay the same.

Also to prevent easy deaths at a bad time, when below half health, the armor will immediately go to the chosen chestplate's max defense, but at a cost, the plate's buffs becomes 10% less effective, but the armor gets a bonus five defense.

Hope you like this idea! If you did leave a reply below and give a like to the main post! Give feedback if you disagree!
STAY COOL!
Disclaimer: This armor sucks if you are reckless, but grows to become more powerful over time. ;)

Last edited:
Hey, this is kind of a good idea. Make sure it's balanced though.

You don't want to give Chlorophyte users TOO much buff from the original. Start with LESS defense than the normal, then a little more and a little more, until it lands a little stronger than the amount in the game right now.

Hey, this is kind of a good idea. Make sure it's balanced though.

You don't want to give Chlorophyte users TOO much buff from the original. Start with LESS defense than the normal, then a little more and a little more, until it lands a little stronger than the amount in the game right now.
So you are saying weak at first then more stronger at final?

Last edited:
I personally consider Chlorophyte Armor to be a sort of introduction to the stage of the game where armor set bonuses start to play a larger role. Don't get me wrong, these ideas are original, but I would prefer to see them introduced as separate armor sets.

I personally consider Chlorophyte Armor to be a sort of introduction to the stage of the game where armor set bonuses start to play a larger role. Don't get me wrong, these ideas are original, but I would prefer to see them introduced as separate armor sets.
Sure :D
But I'll have to do it in the morning. It's past my bed time.

I like the idea of buffing/making more interesting the chlorophyte set. Normally I skip it, also skip hallowed and hardmode ores, from molten to frost then frost armor vs plantera, then shroomite/turtle/spectre.
Never actually had the chlorophite set as it seems more suitable for farming or just not good enough.
The vines idea is cool but a little weird, the mecanic is a bit confusing and vs bosses could be fatal if you don't add some invencibility frames.

I like the idea of buffing/making more interesting the chlorophyte set. Normally I skip it, also skip hallowed and hardmode ores, from molten to frost then frost armor vs plantera, then shroomite/turtle/spectre.
Never actually had the chlorophite set as it seems more suitable for farming or just not good enough.
The vines idea is cool but a little weird, the mecanic is a bit confusing and vs bosses could be fatal if you don't add some invencibility frames.
That's why if you go lower than half health, you will achieve max defense of the armor :D

Done with all the armor types!
Next process; in a couple of minutes I will break this thread down and make three mini threads for these armor types to keep it organized.

Back
Top Bottom